Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 127 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3118
    Lmao damn, yíall have got to chill.

Hand didnít want to come here and the Mets didnít value Springer at his price point. They say a win is worth what? 8MM dollars? Springer was paid 150MM...being worth 15ish wins over 6 years, I donít believe heíll do that. I could be wrong.

I have zero issue with the approach to the offseason, if anything the only issue I have is with the McCann signing, as I think he was an overpay and that Realmuto wouldíve been a better addition than Springer. Otherwise, Mets got Lindor, Carrasco, May, and rounded out the team with other lower depth pieces. The concentration is on players 20-40 at this point, not the top guys. If there is somebody who is within a certain price point, the Mets will jump. Signing contracts takes two, though. People always say money talks but not always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Are Mets going to do anything that actually ****ing improves the team before the season starts?! WTF?! Guess what *******s, good players cost money! You might have to spend some soon you ****ing idiots! How much ****ing talking is this FO going to do before actually ****ing signing someone?!
    I think we have improved the team quite a bit.

Again I was not thinking the Mets were going to outspend every team for any player they were interested in.

I knew Alderson has no desire to give guys more than 5 years in any deal, but even if they went to 6 years for Springer they really donít want to go over the salary cap.

I figured they would get one of the big FA available but once they dealt for Lindor I just did not see it.

Anyways they unproved at SS by leaps and bounds on offense and defense.

They improved the rotation by adding a legit #2 or a #3 in Carrasco. Thatís huge and they kept Stroman for one more year. Then Luchessi as a number 4th or 5th starter helps in depth which they had zero last year. Peterson was their second best pitcher last year, now he is their 4th or 5th.

At catcher they sucked last year and improved that.

They improved the pen with May, but they still have a hole in the fact that they donít have any lefties out there and Hand would of been the perfect fit.

At CF they can still improve and I am more for getting JBJ because of his defense, the team can hit and they need great defense up the middle.

This team had so many holes at the end of the year that I thought it would be hard to fill all of them this off season, so far the only two glaring holes are CF and LHRP, every other hole they had has been improved.

This team was not going to go above the 210 million mark.

If they do sign JBJ, they will have a 3rd hole to fill. They will still need a RH hitting centerfielder. They are already too LH heavy. Especially with Hand closing in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmet1969 View Post
    If they do sign JBJ, they will have a 3rd hole to fill. They will still need a RH hitting centerfielder. They are already too LH heavy. Especially with Hand closing in the division.
    They don't need to construct a team based on one closer from one team. How many games do you expect Hand to blow against us if we had Springer instead of JBJ? He doesn't blow saves too often. We'd be lucky to win one game against them when down in the 9th and Hand pitching, regardless of having and RH or LH CFer.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    They don't need to construct a team based on one closer from one team. How many games do you expect Hand to blow against us if we had Springer instead of JBJ? He doesn't blow saves too often. We'd be lucky to win one game against them when down in the 9th and Hand pitching, regardless of having and RH or LH CFer.
    Sure but with Springer they would be less likely to be down in the 9th given how much more productive he is on offense than JBJ. I get the concern about long term contracts and the luxury tax, but why even bother having a 200mil team that is incomplete and not ready to compete with the elite teams in the NL? Might as well spend even less then. If you are trying to win and you are close, you canít let 20-30 mil stand in the way.

Sure but with Springer they would be less likely to be down in the 9th given how much more productive he is on offense than JBJ. I get the concern about long term contracts and the luxury tax, but why even bother having a 200mil team that is incomplete and not ready to compete with the elite teams in the NL? Might as well spend even less then. If you are trying to win and you are close, you canít let 20-30 mil stand in the way.
    Don't get me wrong, I wanted Springer, but I understand why we passed on 6 for 150. Cano is back on the books next year, and while Familia and Betances are not, we still have to make sure we have the money to extend Lindor and passing on Springer probably means we'd prefer to extend Conforto than sign Springer to that deal.

Plus, have you seen the free agent class next year? It's loaded. We don't have to go to clear cut WS contenders in one offseason. We already improved a lot and are likely a playoff team right now and can make a run with what we have. Go over the luxury tax now, and we're liking staying there if we want to resign our main guys and add good free agents next year. It's fine if they don't wanna exceed it in year 1.

Seriously. They donít need four more players who will contribute a little. They need two more players who will contribute a lot.
    WHY?

They have a world series contending team right now.

Hand wanted to close, how did Sandy cause that?

JT was never coming to NY unless it was something insanely stupid money.

Could care less about Springers' contract not coming here.

We have no clue what is going on behind closed doors. Not many people saw the Lindor/Cookie trade. It would not shock me if they make a trade with Cincy or Cubbies, that nobody saw coming. The only info coming from this regime from Mr Cohen on down is what they want out there.

Exactly why I'm fine with not adding Springer at that price. We need to be able to extend Lindor and Conforto, maybe Syndergaard... And be able to be big players next year in free agency. Lots of good options will be out there.

Yeah I wanted Springer at the price we offered (6/120) but not 6/150... Hand hurts, hope we can get Wilson back

Yup. Exactly like every off-season for the last decade. New owner, same ********.
    New owner, same entitled fans

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Yeah I wanted Springer at the price we offered (6/120) but not 6/150... Hand hurts, hope we can get Wilson back
    Everyone keeps citing Wilson as an alternative to Hand because he is a LHP. Why not just get a better overall RP like Colome? With the three batter minimum, the importance of specific matchups is minimized. I would rather the Mets just get the better player.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    New owner, same entitled fans

Entitled? Do you mean hoping that the team you root for improves enough to actual win? I don't really understand how a fan of a team that mostly loses can be entitled. How is hoping for improvement, and expecting it from a billionaire owner entitlement? The current team simply isn't improved enough from the team that hasn't made the postseason in five years, especially given the talent on several NL contenders.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

1h
    Trevor Bauer has been an option that long intrigued Sandy Alderson, he was one of the early targets before hiring Porter.

Now that Porter is gone, the interest (and as youíve seen the reports) has picked back up.

I believe the reported interest is real.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

1h
    The Reds would still like to bring Trevor Bauer back, and thatís where the Mets fit in again potentially.

To afford Bauer, the Reds would have to shed payroll and the Mets have shown interest in both Eugenio Suarez and Sonny Gray as reported by
    @TimothyRRyder

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."