Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 126 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3118
    Mets should get Colome now that Hand is gone. First of all, the need for a lefty is diminished with the three batter rules. Second, they still need to get another guy who can potentially close, given that Diaz canít necessarily be counted on.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    This teams just doesnít seem committed to doing everything it takes to field the best team. They seem to only be willing to go far enough to be competitive. Itís not good enough considering the competition in the NL. Iím sick of this being the story.

Thought Cohenís ownership would change that but apparently not. The team hasnít made a single move this off-season that signals a change in philosophy or financial flexibility. Please donít cite the Lindor trade. First, he hasnít been signed long term. Second, given that and the fact that they didnít give up much to get him, it is just as likely the Wilpons would have made that move too.

Where is the Cohen signature move so far? Iíll wait.
    Cohen is not the one making the decisions. He left that to Alderson. Sandy has a track record of being very methodical and passive in FA. They'll re-sign Lindor. Look, there are some things you can't control like the money being equal or slightly more and a guy wanting to play closer to home.

The problem is they are letting other NL teams close the gap in their own division or widen the gap elsewhere. Not great when the NL is far more competitive this year than the AL will be.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Cohen is not the one making the decisions. He left that to Alderson. Sandy has a track record of being very methodical and passive in FA. They'll re-sign Lindor. Look, there are some things you can't control like the money being equal or slightly more and a guy wanting to play closer to home.

The problem is they are letting other NL teams close the gap in their own division or widen the gap elsewhere. Not great when the NL is far more competitive this year than the AL will be.
    Itís not just losing Hand. Itís coming into the off-season with several clear needs and not getting the best player available at any of those positions of need. If Cohen is not going to influence any decisions with his money then what the **** difference does it make having the wealthiest owner in the game?!

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

This teams just doesnít seem committed to doing everything it takes to field the best team. They seem to only be willing to go far enough to be competitive. Itís not good enough considering the competition in the NL. Iím sick of this being the story.

Thought Cohenís ownership would change that but apparently not. The team hasnít made a single move this off-season that signals a change in philosophy or financial flexibility. Please donít cite the Lindor trade. First, he hasnít been signed long term. Second, given that and the fact that they didnít give up much to get him, it is just as likely the Wilpons would have made that move too.

Where is the Cohen signature move so far? Iíll wait.
    No way would the Wilpons trade for Lindor. They would be salivating over the years of control for pennies that Amed and Gimenez had. The Cohen signature move will be signing our own best players to huge extensions most likely. No more Wheeler/Reyes situations.

Iím bummed we didnít get Springer, but it is what it is. I love the McCann addition and May is going to be a steal. Just bring back Justin Wilson. Hand wanted to close and re-enter the market next year.

Itís not just losing Hand. Itís coming into the off-season with several clear needs and not getting the best player available at any of those positions of need. If Cohen is not going to influence any decisions with his money then what the **** difference does it make having the wealthiest owner in the game?!
    Cohen has made it clear that he wants to leave the baseball decisions to the baseball guys. That's why he hired Alderson in the first place. So far it seems like he is true to his word. We saw Alderson enough in his first tenure here. Yeah, different ownership but Alderson is still the same guy. Like he said, he can shop in the more gourmet sections but that doesn't always mean he will.

They got Lindor. He's arguably one of the best SS in baseball and the offseason isn't over yet. To me, now you need to make a stronger push for Bauer but again its hard to know what Sandy is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Saw this post and sort of believe it.

Doesn't make me feel better but man....

https://twitter.com/TheClemReport/st...043811841?s=19

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Seems completely reasonable. He'll make more money next year if he has a great season as a closer as opposed to a set up man.

You all can say whatever you want, but when this off-season ends with the Mets signing Almora and Justin Wilson it will have been a missed opportunity. It is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    No way would the Wilpons trade for Lindor. They would be salivating over the years of control for pennies that Amed and Gimenez had. The Cohen signature move will be signing our own best players to huge extensions most likely. No more Wheeler/Reyes situations.

Iím bummed we didnít get Springer, but it is what it is. I love the McCann addition and May is going to be a steal. Just bring back Justin Wilson. Hand wanted to close and re-enter the market next year.
    Agreed. My thing is I would like them to get the occasional big fish in FA. I love the Lindor move but the hole in CF, at 3rd base, potentially in the bullpen and the rotation don't go away. What annoys you is that they are super close to being among the best teams in baseball (on paper), they just need a couple of pieces or one major piece to put them there.

What's your ideal moves for the rest of the offseason btw? I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Cohen has made it clear that he wants to leave the baseball decisions to the baseball guys. That's why he hired Alderson in the first place. So far it seems like he is true to his word. We saw Alderson enough in his first tenure here. Yeah, different ownership but Alderson is still the same guy. Like he said, he can shop in the more gourmet sections but that doesn't always mean he will.

They got Lindor. He's arguably one of the best SS in baseball and the offseason isn't over yet. To me, now you need to make a stronger push for Bauer but again its hard to know what Sandy is thinking.
    Again, please stop citing Lindor. Until he is signed long term, that is just the addition of payroll this season at the cost of a dependable, cost-controlled SS for several years.

Honestly at this point, either get Bauer or Bryant/Arenando. Preferably Bryant so you don't have to worry about him stopping Conforto and Lindor unless he makes himself impossible to let go

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Again, please stop citing Lindor. Until he is signed long term, that is just the addition of payroll this season at the cost of a dependable, cost-controlled SS for several years.
    They aren't letting Lindor walk. I understand why you believe that to be the case and that yes he hasn't signed on the dotted line but he will be a Met for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I think Stroman and his $18.9M go away
    This is correct

1.) The off-season isn't over yet.
    2.) The Mets have about $25 million to spend.
    3.) They have multiple needs.
    4.) They will address those needs.
    5.) There are plenty of options remaining.

So, relax and enjoy

Sandy will do his dumpster diving very soon
    Here comes Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Sandy will do his dumpster diving very soon
    Here comes Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe
    Seriously. They donít need four more players who will contribute a little. They need two more players who will contribute a lot.