Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 125 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3118

Not getting Hand for one at 11mil is just ****ing stupid

Is Sandy aware that Cohen is worth 14 billion dollars? I'm not mad about Hand but why get to the finish line and then all of a sudden slam on the breaks. Like yeah the offseason is not over but no reason to limp to the end. Get Bauer and CF or 3rd baseman.

Not going to judge until the offseason is over.

Are Mets going to do anything that actually ****ing improves the team before the season starts?! WTF?! Guess what *******s, good players cost money! You might have to spend some soon you ****ing idiots! How much ****ing talking is this FO going to do before actually ****ing signing someone?!

Starting to feel like an off-season where we half *** it. Get good enough to be competitive but have holes we could've plugged. And then we lose and be like "what if"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Are Mets going to do anything that actually ****ing improves the team before the season starts?! WTF?!
    Do you not think we have improved the team with the additions of Lindor, Carrasco, McCann, May, and Lucchesi? I'd say we improved greatly from a year ago. And there's still a lot of players available to help us improve even more, so.... Chill dafuk out.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Starting to feel like an off-season where we half *** it. Get good enough to be competitive but have holes we could've plugged. And then we lose and be like "what if"

Yup. Exactly like every off-season for the last decade. New owner, same ********.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Do you not think we have improved the team with the additions of Lindor, Carrasco, McCann, May, and Lucchesi? I'd say we improved greatly from a year ago. And there's still a lot of players available to help us improve even more, so.... Chill dafuk out.
    Of course but why stop there when you donít have to?! Good enough is not good enough for a team who hasnít done **** for five years and plays in a very competitive division.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

This is Sandy Alderson in a nutshell and why I wasn't a hundred percent on bringing him back. He's a very good baseball mind, can make chicken salad out of chicken ****, can build the proper infrastructure for a successful franchise but he doesn't have that killer instinct and he's not going to change my mind this offseason about that unless they get Bauer. The Lindor deal was great but it shouldn't be the only signature move made the rest of the offseason.

I don't see Cohen pressuring him to stay under the luxury tax either like that how that happens with other organizations.

Good thing at least is that there are still impact players out there.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-24-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    A team that finished 4th in the NL East making "great improvements" means nothing. We weren't that close to making the playoffs last year.

That was unbelievable allowing the Nats to get Hand on a one year deal at 10.5 million. I would like to hear the spin on this one. The Nats starting pitching is better than the Mets and now they have added an excellent closer. This should not have happened. You do not let a team that you are competing against and one of your chief rivals acquire a player that you wanted when you have an owner who said he will spend.

A D- minus for Sandy Alderson. Maybe if Porter hadn't displayed his penis , things would have been different .

Saw this post and sort of believe it.

Doesn't make me feel better but man....

https://twitter.com/TheClemReport/st...043811841?s=19

They saying Mets offer was about the same as the Nats offer. Guess he just preferred them. It's fine...

This teams just doesnít seem committed to doing everything it takes to field the best team. They seem to only be willing to go far enough to be competitive. Itís not good enough considering the competition in the NL. Iím sick of this being the story.

Thought Cohenís ownership would change that but apparently not. The team hasnít made a single move this off-season that signals a change in philosophy or financial flexibility. Please donít cite the Lindor trade. First, he hasnít been signed long term. Second, given that and the fact that they didnít give up much to get him, it is just as likely the Wilpons would have made that move too.

Where is the Cohen signature move so far? Iíll wait.