Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 118 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3125
    Brantley Jr resigned with the Astros

Wong at 2B and McNeil at 3B, and trading JD would be a bid upgrade. Solid offense from Wong and a GG at 2B, and much improved defense at 3B. I don't know why I haven't seen us linked to him.

I am all about getting E.Suarez to put at 3B but can't say Gray doesn't make me nervous because of his time in NY with the Yankees, cause the playing in NY thing is real. The guy has been an absolute beast with the Reds and was really good with the A's so maybe he's just grown and he'll be fine with the Mets, but i'll be nervous every time his start is up until i see him pitch well consistently for us for a few games.

Would much rather give a little more and get L.Castillo with E.Suarez but feels like maybe they wanna keep Castillo. Suarez is the guy i want but it's gonna take some of our better pieces to get Suarez and Gray. It might take my boy R.Mauricio.

So the whole press conference about our assets are money not so much trade bait, has come down to what can we trade to improve, because your money has not been spent. We took the cheaper catcher, the cheaper BP arm, and made a great trade but no long term deal yet. So put your money where your mouth is and go finish the team. Luxury tax be damned. Finish the off-season!

Well at least we know at the end of the day, the Mets aren't going to significantly separate themselves from other big market teams. They have a limit as well. I'm a little disappointed they didn't get Springer or Bauer but I understand. I really want a CFer (Bradley would be fine even if he bats LH) and Hand would be nice.

This ******** of it being a month away from ST and not knowing if there will be a DH for the 2021 season is beyond stupid. Make a decision on it already.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-20-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Manfred is an *******

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Manfred is an *******

Big time. Dude is an awful commissioner. I mean how do we not know if we are going to have a universal DH and we're a month away from ST.

I think the Mets need to step up their aggressiveness a bit here. There are only a handful of marquee FA left and teams are waking up a bit. If they want Hand, they need to separate themselves a bit.

I would bring in Bradley too. Yeah he's not ideal offensively but he's a very good defensive CFer. The Mets keep talking about being more well rounded. Thats a way to do it. Wong is an option there as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-20-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think the Mets need to step up their aggressiveness a bit here. There are only a handful of marquee FA left and teams are waking up a bit. If they want Hand, they need to separate themselves a bit.

I would bring in Bradley too. Yeah he's not ideal offensively but he's a very good defensive CFer. The Mets keep talking about being more well rounded. Thats a way to do it. Wong is an option there as well.
    Wong the GG 2B is an option in CF?

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Wong the GG 2B is an option in CF?
    I was talking about Wong as a defensive upgrade to becoming well rounded.

Iím curious why you guys want JBJ? Heís 30 years old and he finally had a decent year in a covid shortened season. Our lineup is already too left-hand dominant. Heís not some great defender. Heís got a good arm, but thatís about it. Thatís not consistent year to year and his range is average at best. Donít forget heís played in small parks.

Iíd much rather grab Profar who can play LF above average, and can play 3B/2B in a pinch to give us more flexibility and depth. Heís a switch-hitter who hits a bit better right-handed. That works great. Heís got good speed and will help our athleticism. He hasnít had much of a chance in CF, maybe he could handle it full-time if Nimmo struggles again.

The best part is that heís only 27 years old. Fits perfectly with this ball-club.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iím curious why you guys want JBJ? Heís 30 years old and he finally had a decent year in a covid shortened season. Our lineup is already too left-hand dominant. Heís not some great defender. Heís got a good arm, but thatís about it. Thatís not consistent year to year and his range is average at best. Donít forget heís played in small parks.

Iíd much rather grab Profar who can play LF above average, and can play 3B/2B in a pinch to give us more flexibility and depth. Heís a switch-hitter who hits a bit better right-handed. That works great. Heís got good speed and will help our athleticism. He hasnít had much of a chance in CF, maybe he could handle it full-time if Nimmo struggles again.

The best part is that heís only 27 years old. Fits perfectly with this ball-club.
    I donít want JBJ and like your idea about profar but still need a true defensive CF on the roster even with profar. I think thatís why weíve been linked to kike Hernandez he provides the flexibility you are alluding to but also can play CF. Still not a true CF tho. Give me Pilar/marisnick to go with one of these ďzobrist typesĒ and Iím content with the position player roster.

McNeil can't play 3rd base. They tried him there last year and it didn't work out.

I'd rather have Pillar than JBJ, but if the NL has the DH so we can play Smith and Alonso every day, and we have to choose between Nimmo in CF or JBJ in CF with Nimmo and Conforto at the corners, I'll accept JBJ in CF. It's still a defensive upgrade from Nimmo.

But Kiki would be nice to have. Main priority right now should be locking up Hand though.

Should the Mets look at a 6 man rotation because no one pitched more than 100 innings last year?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."