Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 115 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3126
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I didnít think the Jays would go to 150 million, but hey it is what it is. Wonder what we do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Jays had money to spend and kept being a runner up in all of their pursuits. They were eventually going to be the top bidder on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I mean the logic here is that Profar projects to be an good LF defender full-time which mitigates the concern with Nimmo in CF. I love Dom, but heís not a full-time LF on a championship ball-club.
    I get it I donít want Dom in left either but with no DH seeming to be likely for this season itís the only way to get his bat and Peteís in the lineup. I havenít watched profar play the OF so I will take your word for his defensive upside there. Perhaps someone like that and then bringing marisnick/Pilar in to be a defensive sub for nimmo would be the way to go.

One thing I am confident in is sandy has a sound plan to pivot if springer didnít come at his price just very curious as to what that plan is

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I get it I donít want Dom in left either but with no DH seeming to be likely for this season itís the only way to get his bat and Peteís in the lineup. I havenít watched profar play the OF so I will take your word for his defensive upside there. Perhaps someone like that and then bringing marisnick/Pilar in to be a defensive sub for nimmo would be the way to go.

One thing I am confident in is sandy has a sound plan to pivot if springer didnít come at his price just very curious as to what that plan is

@mikemayerMMO
    JBJ in CF, Conforto in RF, and Nimmo in LF. Then Smith at 1B and Alonso at DH (NL teams making moves assuming this happens in 2021) most days.

Combined with Lindor at SS and McCann behind the plate and you have a team upgraded quite a bit defensively.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Disappointed that the Mets didn't get Springer. The Offer was a solid offer, Toronto just blew him away.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    @mikemayerMMO
    JBJ in CF, Conforto in RF, and Nimmo in LF. Then Smith at 1B and Alonso at DH (NL teams making moves assuming this happens in 2021) most days.

Combined with Lindor at SS and McCann behind the plate and you have a team upgraded quite a bit defensively.
    For sure if the DH is in that changes the approach.

I think the real issue is that Manfred has come out and said either it is or isn't going to be a DH this year.

Disappointed that the Mets didn't get Springer. The Offer was a solid offer, Toronto just blew him away.
    Same here, I was hoping we signed, but I see why he chose the Jays

The Jays have signed Springer. Is anybody shedding any tears? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT ME!! I'm not crying over that right fielder. Yes I say right fielder because he won't be in center for too long. Now for other options. I think Albert Amora Jr. would be a good signing. Excellent defensive centerfielder and a right handed hitter too. Hit solidly his first three years in the league until he started swinging for the fences in 2019. Reached career highs in homers i.e 12, but his batting average suffered as a result i.e .236. Last year was a shortened season due to covid-19 and he regressed even more. But I say this: If Met management is willing to bring back duds like S. Matz at $5 million per year then they could certainly sign somebody like Amora for less than $2 million.

I am starting to warm up to Kike Hernandez to split time with Nimmo as he is a good defensive utility player who hits lefties well. Although he's started for the Dodgers for basically three years now so can't see him being a platoon here. Although with his versatility we can probably find spot for him to play every day

I really want us to go with Marcus Siemen for 3B. I don't get why we aren't more interested in that avenue. The Dodgers are and it is a smart play.

Get Siemen for 3B, get Bradley Jr or Pillar or Hernandez for CF and then you are really solid. Great lineup, amazing defense, and can get those pieces for the price of Springer.

With springer gone I really have no idea what to do. Is there anything out there on the trade market. Does whatís left on the free agent market have what weíre looking for. No idea. Iíd be willing to trade Alonzo for a CF. I guess we what and see

I wonder if Lorenzo Cain would be available. I'd look into JD Davis for Cain and we eat the contract.

Or maybe Alonso/Dom for Cain+Hader

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Bader, Cain, or Buxton.

Trade for one of them.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

@mikemayerMMO

all except 3b. I certainly don't want JD there, especially when Stroman or Peterson are pitching.

Iíd take Cain for sure