Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3126

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    My big thing about Stroman is he's a #3 but wants #2 money... He is more of a 60M pitcher but he was wants 85+ million.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Most rotations donít have 2 starters better than Stroman. Someone like Evoaldi got 4/68 after 2018 and Stroman is clearly better.

With the addition of Carrasco, our rotation projects to be ridiculously good when Syndergaard comes back.

Iím sure springer has our best offer in hand. Mets look ready to quickly shift gears if heís not ready to decide soon which is smart. With the addition of lindor a top flight bat isnít a necessity in center. Defense first with jbj or a nimmo caddy like pilar/marisnick is perfectly fine especially if it enables a hand/hendriks signing.

Still, there are only two teams in on springer so a decent chance he comes back at our price which nobody can complain about, zmaster aside haha.

You do have to wonder what a springer signing/lindor extension would mean for Conforto future here. In a vacuum Iíd bet on conforto being the better player in 5 years so tough call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Most rotations donít have 2 starters better than Stroman. Someone like Evoaldi got 4/68 after 2018 and Stroman is clearly better.

With the addition of Carrasco, our rotation projects to be ridiculously good when Syndergaard comes back.
    I don't know man. This rotation still looks thin imo. I would love if they could get Paxton or someone else to fill it out. I think you're banking way too highly on Syndergaard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Iím sure springer has our best offer in hand. Mets look ready to quickly shift gears if heís not ready to decide soon which is smart. With the addition of lindor a top flight bat isnít a necessity in center. Defense first with jbj or a nimmo caddy like pilar/marisnick is perfectly fine especially if it enables a hand/hendriks signing.

Still, there are only two teams in on springer so a decent chance he comes back at our price which nobody can complain about, zmaster aside haha.

You do have to wonder what a springer signing/lindor extension would mean for Conforto future here. In a vacuum Iíd bet on conforto being the better player in 5 years so tough call.

lmao I appreciate the shout out

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Sick/Z/MetsW/Paulie/Kyubi/manning/clay/young.... I hate all of your mets guts as a phillies fan and hope your team burns BUT.... You guys deserve a sick *** off season after having some of the dirtiest disgusting owners in the world....

*****es

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know man. This rotation still looks thin imo. I would love if they could get Paxton or someone else to fill it out. I think you're banking way too highly on Syndergaard as well.

I think we need depth in the starting rotation. We need Lugo to go back to the pen, which makes our pen arguably one of the best in the game. We cannot count on Matz, but there is no question in my mind that Syndergaard will come back at some point in 2021. The question is when, so we should be looking for a decent mid-rotation guy to provide depth and hold the fort until Thor returns.

Then the Mets always seem to have at least one of their starting 5 go down to injuries or other health issues for many years now. So we need to go into Spring Training with 6 starters minimum, not including Thor or Matz or any of the AAAA pitchers currently on the 40 man roster or at AAA.

We have deGrom, Carrasco, Stroman and Peterson. Looks like we could use 2 more. Again, Lugo is best suited and more productive as a 7th / 8th / 9th inning but multiple innings top of the bullpen arm.

That said, I don't think I pay Bauer anything more than $25M per year. He ain't deGrom, hell he ain't Carrasco.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Not if he wants 150-175 mil. He simply doesnít make the team better enough in the long term for that type of investment.
    I agree, but at 125, of course. The Market for these players just isnít there, teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and the Cubs just arenít willing to add significant payroll.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Stronan had a down year in 2018, but he was a 4-5 WAR guy in 2017 and 2019 with low-3 ERA and he has pitched 200 innings twice. I think people fall too in love with strikeouts. Heís a gamer and gets outs.
    Heís a 3-3.5 fWAR pitcher.
    Not a TORP, but a nice middle of the rotation pitcher.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I agree, but at 125, of course. The Market for these players just isnít there, teams like the Yankees, Red Sox and the Cubs just arenít willing to add significant payroll.
    125 makes sense and Iím sure the Mets would be good with that. Iím not sure who he or his agent thinks is hiding in the shadows waiting to overpay him.

125 makes sense and Iím sure the Mets would be good with that. Iím not sure who he or his agent thinks is hiding in the shadows waiting to overpay him.
    I am all for players getting whatever they can, but the landscape of this sport is changing. Teams that rely heavily on gate receipts are going to have to shed payroll. They arenít looking to add significant payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I think we need depth in the starting rotation. We need Lugo to go back to the pen, which makes our pen arguably one of the best in the game. We cannot count on Matz, but there is no question in my mind that Syndergaard will come back at some point in 2021. The question is when, so we should be looking for a decent mid-rotation guy to provide depth and hold the fort until Thor returns.

Then the Mets always seem to have at least one of their starting 5 go down to injuries or other health issues for many years now. So we need to go into Spring Training with 6 starters minimum, not including Thor or Matz or any of the AAAA pitchers currently on the 40 man roster or at AAA.

We have deGrom, Carrasco, Stroman and Peterson. Looks like we could use 2 more. Again, Lugo is best suited and more productive as a 7th / 8th / 9th inning but multiple innings top of the bullpen arm.

That said, I don't think I pay Bauer anything more than $25M per year. He ain't deGrom, hell he ain't Carrasco.

Completely agree. In discussing this, everybody focuses on Odorizzi, Paxton and Tanaka. I like all three. But, Odorizzi has been a 5-inning pitcher (at best) over the past many years. While that's fine if you have a big bullpen, it's not worth paying him as a #2 or #3. He'd really have to come at a discount, and has too many interested teams for that to happen.

Paxton has great stuff, but just never stays healthy - too much of a risk. I like Tanaka, particularly due to his "big game" resume. But, having turned down the QO, he'll want top dollar or will just go back to Japan.

Why does everybody ignore Taijuan Walker? He's the youngest of the group, seems to finally be past his injuries of a couple of years ago, has the highest upside, and should be the cheapest - particularly, on a 1-year deal.

That's who I want, combined with Brad Hand as the last BP piece.

I honestly think we still get Springer for around 125. Itís a 2 team race for him and we have the biggest contract offer for him. Unless we completely pull the offer he doesnít have a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskey Butch View Post
    Completely agree. In discussing this, everybody focuses on Odorizzi, Paxton and Tanaka. I like all three. But, Odorizzi has been a 5-inning pitcher (at best) over the past many years. While that's fine if you have a big bullpen, it's not worth paying him as a #2 or #3. He'd really have to come at a discount, and has too many interested teams for that to happen.

Paxton has great stuff, but just never stays healthy - too much of a risk. I like Tanaka, particularly due to his "big game" resume. But, having turned down the QO, he'll want top dollar or will just go back to Japan.

Why does everybody ignore Taijuan Walker? He's the youngest of the group, seems to finally be past his injuries of a couple of years ago, has the highest upside, and should be the cheapest - particularly, on a 1-year deal.

That's who I want, combined with Brad Hand as the last BP piece.
    Walker is the one Iíd want most
    Add Hand, and we should have a very good staff with Lugo in the pen and Matz as a spot starter

I'm intrigued about Kluber as he's low risk high reward

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post

Agreed, with some reservations. First off, I don't see the Mets signing Bauer. Second, I still have some hope for Matz. Matz doesn't have to be great, just #5 rotation caliber. The Mets shave the option of putting Petersen down at AAA, and he can serve as insurance if one or more of the starters go down.

So, we start with Degrom, Stroman, Carrasco. Even if you pencil in Matz, they are still short. I would like the Mets to pick up another starter. That would give them 4 + Matz or Petersen, and then you have Syndergaard coming back sometime in say June. So things would go south only if both Matz and subsequently Petersen foundered. So, yes, there is a need for another starter. But I don't think the Mets should make a panic move for one, and it could be a #4 or a #5 starter. In this case, I think the Mets need to bide their time and choose wisely. On the other hand, maybe a swing guy who can both start and relieve might be the best option.

I also agree Lugo belongs back in the BP.