Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3126
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    Seems like a lot, but then again as reported, there was a five year offer but south of $150M. Probably something along the lines of $125M?

In any case, if his salary starts to approach $30M, then maybe the Mets should start talks with the Rox about Arenado. Doesn't solve CF, but it would greatly improve defense in the infield. Not sure what it would take, but maybe JD Davis + Familia (to partly offset 2021 salary of Arenado) + Rosario (? assuming the Rox will be moving their SS soon) + a throw in P (minor leaguer).

Don't think Rox would eat any salary, so beyond 2021 Arenado will be costly. But Arenado is only 29 and Springer will be 32 in 2021. Then again, all is negotiable. Can we send them Cano, LOL?
    There is no way that Cano would be included in a deal with COL, for two reasons. First, COL doesn't want to take on big money when that is why they are trading Arenado to begin with, especially not for a player as old/diminished as Cano. Second, Cano has a NTC he is not likely to waive to go to COL.

I am very into the possibility of trading for Arenado under the following circumstances though.

- It doesn't cost much more than Davis, Rosario and a non-top 10 prospect
    - COL takes back Familia
    - COL pays a chuck of Arenado's salary

Doubt COL accepts that, because they could likely get a better offer. However, who knows. They might not get many offers and they might be desperate to unload the money.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    Agreed. But if you can get him real cheap? Maybe the rotation is not as big a problem as we think, especially if you can beef up the BP.

Another under the radar move I like is Rosario to Cincy for Sonny Gray. Again, Gray is at best middle of the rotation, but he is signed for the next 3 years and the Mets are looking at losing Stroman possible to FA after 2021 and also Thor after 2022.

Lots of moves yet to be made, but we need to be patient.
    I also like the idea of getting Gray, but similarly to my feelings about an Arenado trade, only at a certain price. Gray is good, and I think his struggles with the Yankees were more about how he was handled more than him "not being able to handle NYC".

I wanted Bauer and thought his personality might play. I would say I've gone past not caring if we get him and I'm in the camp of preferring we don't get him.

The way he's playing this out in the media wreaked of being a glory boy but now it's verging on pathetic. I don't think he has any legit offers other than the angles and blue Jay's. I'm tired of being mentioned with those teams. If the angels want him it's proof he's a loser. Let then pay him garret Cole money to put up less-than-Wheeler stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Left_Coast_Mets View Post
    I wanted Bauer and thought his personality might play. I would say I've gone past not caring if we get him and I'm in the camp of preferring we don't get him.

The way he's playing this out in the media wreaked of being a glory boy but now it's verging on pathetic. I don't think he has any legit offers other than the angles and blue Jay's. I'm tired of being mentioned with those teams. If the angels want him it's proof he's a loser. Let then pay him garret Cole money to put up less-than-Wheeler stats.
    His act would also get very old if he comes to NYC and is not the Trevor Bauer of last year. It is also very plausible that he never pitches as well as he did last year again. Can't break the bank for a guy based on 60 games and ignore all of the prior inconsistency, especially if that guy might also act like an ***.

I like the idea of the Mets getting two of the SPs considered to be a tier below him and further bolster the BP with Hand/Hendirks +.

I would go for Bauer before Springer, but it looks like that will not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I also like the idea of getting Gray, but similarly to my feelings about an Arenado trade, only at a certain price. Gray is good, and I think his struggles with the Yankees were more about how he was handled more than him "not being able to handle NYC".
    Gray is be a decent depth signing but I would start out with trying to get Castillo from the Reds. Better long term move if they are willing to move him, as has been reported.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

what.... just.... happened?

Wow huge move to get lindor but the Carrasco aspect really puts it over the top. Top of the rotation pitcher whos locked in for a few years at reasonable bucks. Hate to see gimenez go but huge first move for porter and company. Now lets get springer and hand and go to work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After this trade, I'm fine with JBJ if we don't want to go after Springer. Get JBJ, Hand, Tanaka/Paxton/Odorizzi/Kluber and we are good to go

Are you OK with Nimmo in CF with Marisnick as a Platoon, if we signed a guy like Ozuna to fill the big extra RH bat we are lacking?

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Wow huge move to get lindor but the Carrasco aspect really puts it over the top. Top of the rotation pitcher whos locked in for a few years at reasonable bucks. Hate to see gimenez go but huge first move for porter and company. Now lets get springer and hand and go to work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this is so true

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    And I do not think we are finished

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    After this trade, I'm fine with JBJ if we don't want to go after Springer. Get JBJ, Hand, Tanaka/Paxton/Odorizzi/Kluber and we are good to go
    What do you think it will take to get him?

Get Springer or JBJ?