Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
    Would you rather get DJ or Springer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Would you rather get DJ or Springer?

Springer. Age and positional need doesn’t make it close for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I wonder how interested the Mets are in DJ. Perhaps they are driving the market up f or Toronto to secure springer

I believe it’s either the Mets leaking this to get Springer to sign or DJ’s camp to put a scare in the Yankees.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I believe it’s either the Mets leaking this to get Springer to sign or DJ’s camp to put a scare in the Yankees.
    I can see that, and the Yankees trying to counter with the rumor they are looking into DD to come back could be an attempt to push DJ too. Since that would push Torres back to 2B. With Voit at 1B, it leaves DJ without a position. I personally I think it's just a game between papers at this point. DJ will go to the higher bidder, at the same time all these teams are hoping his price comes down.

Of course I am hoping the Mets steal him away.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 12-23-2020 at 02:39 PM.

I wonder how interested the Mets are in DJ. Perhaps they are driving the market up f or Toronto to secure springer

They don't need LeMahieu!!! They already have a 2nd baseman in McNeil.

I wouldn't mind signing DJ at all. We can put him at 3B and Mcneil at 2B or switch them with DJ at 2B and Mcneil at 3B. Then we could use JD Davis, A.Rosario and whoever else in a trade for pitching or CF help. I get we all want Springer and i do as well but if his asking price in money and years is too much then let the Blue Jays have him and sign DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by newyorker4ever View Post
    I wouldn't mind signing DJ at all. We can put him at 3B and Mcneil at 2B or switch them with DJ at 2B and Mcneil at 3B. Then we could use JD Davis, A.Rosario and whoever else in a trade for pitching or CF help. I get we all want Springer and i do as well but if his asking price in money and years is too much then let the Blue Jays have him and sign DJ.
    Sorry to disagree but this not the time to let a player that you want go to another team because of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Sorry to disagree but this not the time to let a player that you want go to another team because of money.
    If they've made Springer the priority they'll get him. I like that they're in on everyone because following a season like no other this off-season, and the uncertainty surrounding how next season will play out, is bound to have some surprises and opportunities for those who are fluid and read it well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    If they've made Springer the priority they'll get him. I like that they're in on everyone because following a season like no other this off-season, and the uncertainty surrounding how next season will play out, is bound to have some surprises and opportunities for those who are fluid and read it well.
    The Mets are coming out of this with at least one of the major FA. There isn't a ton of teams looking to spend significant money. Its just a matter of when these guys sign. I don't expect anything until January or perhaps February. There's no need for these FA to rush.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Steve knows like we all know. He has been a long suffering fan himself.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/23/steve-...ign-everybody/

“As a fan they want me to sign everybody tomorrow, but is that a sustainable strategy?” Cohen said. “Ultimately you want to develop talent. You want to develop your farm system. To me that is the most sustainable way to create a winning team year in and year out. Yes, you can go buy players, but you buy players that are in their 30s potentially and we know there’s plenty of data that suggests performance of players tends to decline once they are in their early 30s.”

“The data suggests if you sign enough players in their 30s you are going to regress to a mean and you are going to end up with potentially mediocre performance if you sign enough of them. … I’ve got to bridge that gap. Right now the farm system, at least the upper levels, isn’t where we want it to be.”

This is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    This is obvious
    Could signal a pivot to signing one over-30 guy, then reinvesting in resigning home grown guys starting with Conforto , and trading for young impact players who will come at a steep price. But at least they’re in their prime