Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 60 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 3118
  1. #886
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,269


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #887
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,269
    That kind of sounds like Odorizzi & Springer, and no to Bauer and Nolan.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  3. #888
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    100
    Why is no one talking about Tanaka? He's been far better pitcher than Odorizzi for his career, he's only a year older and has proven he can pitch in NY. The only thing I can think of is the partial tear in his UCL but he's had that for years with no other major issues because of it.

  4. #889
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    9,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Northeastfshman View Post
    Why is no one talking about Tanaka? He's been far better pitcher than Odorizzi for his career, he's only a year older and has proven he can pitch in NY. The only thing I can think of is the partial tear in his UCL but he's had that for years with no other major issues because of it.
    The other major issue is he got beat up back to back postseasons


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #890
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    39,626

  6. #891
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    369
    I think we may yet end up with the DH after all which would change the equation. But we shall see.

  7. #892
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,350
    Am I the only one who thinks that Nimmo should be in right and Conforto in left (assuming we sign Springer)?

    I like Nimmos arm much better. Confortos arm is decent and fairly accurate, but he doesn’t pull the trigger fast.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #893
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,534

    The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Nimmo should be in right and Conforto in left (assuming we sign Springer)?

    I like Nimmos arm much better. Confortos arm is decent and fairly accurate, but he doesn’t pull the trigger fast.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I agree with you. However, that is all the more reason not to trade Nimmo. If Conforto (remember Bor-*** is his agent) does not extend prior to the season, he will likely walk at the end of 2021. Nimmo will certainly then (if we don't trade him) be the RF in 2022. In the meantime, Nimmo will be a CF (the main guy if Springer or someone else isn't signed, part timer if Springer is), the LF on most days and will spell Conforto in RF. Nimmo is a true OFer (can play all 3 positions.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 12-18-2020 at 05:42 PM.

  9. #894
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    The other major issue is he got beat up back to back postseasons


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally valid point but he's still be a much better pitcher than Ordozzi (I think he's made 1 post season start in his career) and the end of the day we are talking about our #4 starter.

  10. #895
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,269
    Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    ·
    2h
    Reliever Ryder Ryan, who came to the Mets in their 2017 trade for Jay Bruce, just went to the Rangers as the player to be named later for Todd Frazier.

    Ryan, 25, produced a 3.05 ERA at Double-A Binghamton in 2019.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #896
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmiler2 View Post
    i think we may yet end up with the dh after all which would change the equation. But we shall see.
    source please

  12. #897
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    71,278
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Nimmo should be in right and Conforto in left (assuming we sign Springer)?

    I like Nimmos arm much better. Confortos arm is decent and fairly accurate, but he doesn’t pull the trigger fast.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah I disagree. Nimmo’s arm has always been below average at best. Conforto really showed off an impressive throwing arm last season. I think he’s taken quite well to playing RF everyday.

  13. #898
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    ·
    2h
    Reliever Ryder Ryan, who came to the Mets in their 2017 trade for Jay Bruce, just went to the Rangers as the player to be named later for Todd Frazier.

    Ryan, 25, produced a 3.05 ERA at Double-A Binghamton in 2019.
    Do t they still owe them like 2 more PTBNL for Chirinos and the pitcher they got?

  14. #899
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    ·
    2h
    Reliever Ryder Ryan, who came to the Mets in their 2017 trade for Jay Bruce, just went to the Rangers as the player to be named later for Todd Frazier.

    Ryan, 25, produced a 3.05 ERA at Double-A Binghamton in 2019.
    Good trade. Only an agent can figure out how to do that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  15. #900
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    39,626

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •