Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

That kind of sounds like Odorizzi & Springer, and no to Bauer and Nolan.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Why is no one talking about Tanaka? He's been far better pitcher than Odorizzi for his career, he's only a year older and has proven he can pitch in NY. The only thing I can think of is the partial tear in his UCL but he's had that for years with no other major issues because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northeastfshman View Post
    Why is no one talking about Tanaka? He's been far better pitcher than Odorizzi for his career, he's only a year older and has proven he can pitch in NY. The only thing I can think of is the partial tear in his UCL but he's had that for years with no other major issues because of it.
    The other major issue is he got beat up back to back postseasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we may yet end up with the DH after all which would change the equation. But we shall see.

Am I the only one who thinks that Nimmo should be in right and Conforto in left (assuming we sign Springer)?

I like Nimmos arm much better. Confortos arm is decent and fairly accurate, but he doesn’t pull the trigger fast.

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Nimmo should be in right and Conforto in left (assuming we sign Springer)?

I like Nimmos arm much better. Confortos arm is decent and fairly accurate, but he doesn’t pull the trigger fast.

I agree with you. However, that is all the more reason not to trade Nimmo. If Conforto (remember Bor-*** is his agent) does not extend prior to the season, he will likely walk at the end of 2021. Nimmo will certainly then (if we don't trade him) be the RF in 2022. In the meantime, Nimmo will be a CF (the main guy if Springer or someone else isn't signed, part timer if Springer is), the LF on most days and will spell Conforto in RF. Nimmo is a true OFer (can play all 3 positions.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 12-18-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    The other major issue is he got beat up back to back postseasons

Totally valid point but he's still be a much better pitcher than Ordozzi (I think he's made 1 post season start in his career) and the end of the day we are talking about our #4 starter.

Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    ·
    2h
    Reliever Ryder Ryan, who came to the Mets in their 2017 trade for Jay Bruce, just went to the Rangers as the player to be named later for Todd Frazier.

Ryan, 25, produced a 3.05 ERA at Double-A Binghamton in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by halfmiler2 View Post
    i think we may yet end up with the dh after all which would change the equation. But we shall see.
    source please

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post

Nah I disagree. Nimmo’s arm has always been below average at best. Conforto really showed off an impressive throwing arm last season. I think he’s taken quite well to playing RF everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    ·
    2h
    Reliever Ryder Ryan, who came to the Mets in their 2017 trade for Jay Bruce, just went to the Rangers as the player to be named later for Todd Frazier.

Do t they still owe them like 2 more PTBNL for Chirinos and the pitcher they got?

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    ·
    2h

Good trade. Only an agent can figure out how to do that.

Don't worry. He's got this.