Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131
Results 1,951 to 1,964 of 1964
    Not a fan of Ozuna

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LD2002 View Post
    I'd rather sign Ozuna play him in LF this year, then DH moving forward and package Davis, Nimmo and Peterson. To either Cinci or Colorado.
    Bring back Suarez Castillo Garrett. Or Arenado and Marquez
    CIN wanted Gleyber for Castillo alone. No way they trade him and Suarez for Nimmo, Peterson, and Davis.

Suarez and Castillo have incredible value with several years of control for cheap. Same goes for Marquez. Only difference there is if COL really wants to shed that contract, they may have to give up more or at least take back Cano and maybe Familia to offset some cash.

According to mlb trade values.com which I think gives pretty accurate value of players based on talent, contract, years of control, ect... That CIN trade you proposed we are getting a value of 151 and they are getting a value of 57. Just eyeballing it I knew it was totally lopsided in our favor. Zero chance anything like that happens. We would be getting the best 2 players in the deal.

It's be great though huh... Lol
    Last edited by bklynny67; Today at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Not a fan of Ozuna

Ozuna is a LF at worst and a DH at best - so he belongs in the AL this year. The Mets have at least 2 players who would be better served as DHs, those being Alonso and Davis, this year. Add Cano to that next year. Why would we have 4 DHs on one team? Totally irresponsible to even think like that. The Mets have their arguably best first baseman sitting the pine with no position, i.e., Dom Smith who could be the best pure hitter on the team. If he plays as much as he should, it will be in LF where he is, let's face it, a butcher. That pushes Nimmo to CF, where he is not quite a butcher but not an accomplished center fielder. And we don't have a third baseman unless the aforementioned DH named Davis is inserted there. You might as well ask our new star ss to play the entire left side of the infield. The Mets do not need Ozuna, and they probably need to trade Davis, and they probably need to trade either Dom Smith or Alonso. They probably ought to just keep one of the following: Dom Smith, Alonso or Davis, and they should not pursue Ozuna.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Not a fan of Ozuna

Great bat but doesn’t fit our roster at all right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Agreed. My thing is I would like them to get the occasional big fish in FA. I love the Lindor move but the hole in CF, at 3rd base, potentially in the bullpen and the rotation don't go away. What annoys you is that they are super close to being among the best teams in baseball (on paper), they just need a couple of pieces or one major piece to put them there.

What's your ideal moves for the rest of the offseason btw? I am curious.
    I forgot about Ozuna. I think we should sign him if the price/years are reasonable. We just really need a RHB and I can live with Nimmo in CF if we’re going to have arguably the best offense in baseball.

He’s still 30 years old, so if we can sign him for maybe 3-4 years I think you do it. His defense being bad could be overblown and I was actually surprised when I looked at the numbers. UZR/DRS says he was above average back in 2019, although OAA says he was he pretty terrible. So he’s probably a bit below average out there. His bat certainly makes up for it.

SS-Lindor (S)
    CF-Nimmo (L)
    LF-Ozuna (R)
    RF-Conforto (L)
    1B-Alonso (R)
    2B-McNeil (L)
    3B-Davis (R)
    C-McCann (R)

Bench: Dom (LF/1B)

After that I would sign Wilson and some depth pieces to fill out the roster/minors. I think this team will be very well positioned for success.

The Yanks dumped Ottavino to the Bosox to relieve salary. Apparently the Red Sox see something more in Ottavino and the cherry on top was getting a low minor leaguer. But it works for the Yankees in cutting payroll. Just wonder, could the Mets do something like that with Familia. Saves $10M in luxury tax and it is the final year of his contract.

Looks like we made a record offer to Bauer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ct/4258036001/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/700wlw/status/

"USA Today says Trevor Bauer is about to become the highest paid player in baseball. Bob Nightengale reports the Mets will sign the Reds free agent for $40 mil a year."

Don't see this in Nightengale's original tweet so I'm not sure if they're jumping to conclusions here

Edit: Per Heyman, reports are false:

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...87673288417291

"Mets have not made Trevor Bauer an offer that would give him the highest average salary in history. They do appear to have some interest however."
    Last edited by PC; Today at 11:26 AM.

Then Martino says an offer has been made, but not the record deal that was reported.

Wtf is wrong with reporting this offseason? Stop jumping the gun

We have an offer out, but no way we are gonna pay him 40 mil a year. That's a ****ing joke.

Really sick of these reporters making fools of themselves and pissing everyone off in the process.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I think they probably made him an offer worth about $30M a year and maybe 4 years.