Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 208 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3118
    I love Conforto game when he first came up.... Then he just became a power hitter.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I love Conforto game when he first came up.... Then he just became a power hitter.

He's a very nice bat but there are a lot of corner OFers who can hit. The harder positions to find offense are CF, 3rd base, SS and catcher. The Mets have 3 of those positions covered if they get Springer (4 if they do that and Davis can stick at 3rd). Depends on his asking price too.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2021 at 11:32 PM.

Wonder if we should take a look at Moose though he still has 3 years left at 16M per

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know if Conforto is an automatic extension candidate. Don't see him being the .322 hitter he was last year and there are a lot of good corner hitting OFers. They grow on trees. If they sign Springer, I could see them letting Conforto walk.
    Agreed. Also Springer is faster and better than Conforto and can play a solid CF while Michael just canít. I feel like weíll get a much better deal with Nimmo long term than Conforto, and theyíll provide similar production (albeit in different way of course).

That being said, I do think there is a way to fit them all in. First step would be to sign Springer for more years at a lower AAV like the Yanks did with DJ. Also we should backload the contracts in the first few years until Cano is off the books. I think weíll have enough room when itís all said and done.

Luxury tax also isnít a hard stop, especially for Cohen. They just donít want to pass it immediately, which is understandable considering the losses with the team and among MLB during this pandemic.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-17-2021 at 12:47 AM.

I think Conforto is way better than Nimmo since he's around a .370 OBP but higher average and more power. Though I do like Nimmo more also

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I think Conforto is way better than Nimmo since he's around a .370 OBP but higher average and more power. Though I do like Nimmo more also

BA is probably a push, Conforto is no .322 hitter.

Nimmo will give you more OBP, while Conforto will give you more HRs. But Nimmo will probably make far less in their next contract for roughly equal value overall. Nimmo also has more speed, but it doesnít show up with SBs (ironically same for Springer).

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    BA is probably a push, Conforto is no .322 hitter.

Nimmo will give you more OBP, while Conforto will give you more HRs. But Nimmo will probably make far less in their next contract for roughly equal value overall. Nimmo also has more speed, but it doesnít show up with SBs (ironically same for Springer).
    I see Conforto putting up a .270/.370/.530 type of slash line...I think heís gonna put up anywhere between 4-6 wins if thereís a 162 game season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I see Conforto putting up a .270/.370/.530 type of slash line...I think heís gonna put up anywhere between 4-6 wins if thereís a 162 game season.

.260 ISO? So youíre basically projecting 2017 production for him then. Iím not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Iíd rather they get Hand, JBJ/Pillar and Paxton/Walker.
    Agree with this 100%.

That's sort of what I see too. I see Nimmo around .250 BA and .480 SLG while Conforto is around .270 BA and .520+ SLG. He's the better hitter for sure but the difference in cost is high most likely in next contract and I think their overall WAR will be comparable

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    .260 ISO? So youíre basically projecting 2017 production for him then. Iím not sure about that.
    I think Conforto is somewhere between his 2017 and 2020 self. His wOBA, xBA, xSLG and barrel % were all considered elite or upper echelon, I could see him driving the ball more. His .322 average isnít sustainable but I think he sold out power for some timely hits.

.260 might be a little hit but I could definitely see him comfortably over .200.

I also admit that I donít know exactly how ISO is calculated.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I think many of you are sleeping on Conforto with some of these average offensive numbers you're predicting for him. I'm a big Conforto fan and think he brings more to the team then some of you do. Maybe it's my Conforto fandom but i don't think it is. The guy is a really good hitter and uses all fields when he wants to and hits for power. His defense in the corners is pretty darn good as well.

I think Conforto is somewhere between his 2017 and 2020 self. His wOBA, xBA, xSLG and barrel % were all considered elite or upper echelon, I could see him driving the ball more. His .322 average isnít sustainable but I think he sold out power for some timely hits.

.260 might be a little hit but I could definitely see him comfortably over .200.

I also admit that I donít know exactly how ISO is calculated.

The argument about the .322 BA not being sustainable is interesting because when Conforto first came up, people were saying how that swing can win him a batting title in the future. I don't know what happened but he just seemed to completely go away from that to become more homer happy and then the projections changed.

I think the BA is sustainable because he has a swing that can make it sustainable. But he falls into bad tendencies which is also the huge issue.

Regardless, with that said or done he's still .360-.370 OBP which is quite impressive. I don't know if he's worth 125+ million but he's also had the right swing and tools to make that 125+ million seem like a bargain

Quote Originally Posted by newyorker4ever View Post
    I think many of you are sleeping on Conforto with some of these average offensive numbers you're predicting for him. I'm a big Conforto fan and think he brings more to the team then some of you do. Maybe it's my Conforto fandom but i don't think it is. The guy is a really good hitter and uses all fields when he wants to and hits for power. His defense in the corners is pretty darn good as well.
    I'm a big conforto fan too as his swing is so beautiful but man does he fall into bad habits. He should not be as streaky as a hitter as he showed in his career, but yet he is. And that's how many view him now and why they're not ready to completely buy high on him.

I'm actually more surprised that Conforto has had mediocre averages in most seasons. I think the best is yet to come for him and he will have multiple seasons near or above a .300 batting average.