Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 187 of 210 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3137
  1. #2791
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,796
    I think this Chapman rumor is just that a rumor. Dandy and Cohen want to rebuild the farm system So a trade like that will obviously make that a lot harder

  2. #2792
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,817
    I dont get the hype for chapman. Amazing defensively yes, good power yes, entering prime yes. But bryant is the superior hitter who will cost much less in terms of prospects. I like that chapman is cost controlled for 3 years but I'd rather just pay less prospects and more money for Bryant as we want to rebuild our farm anyways

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  3. #2793
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    3,196
    The Chapman rumor came from Carton. I am not calling him a liar. You can choose to believe him or not. I'll wait for a more credible source.

  4. #2794
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,203
    The A's are the favorites to win the AL West and Chapman is just turning arbitration eligible next season. I don't see them being overly motivated to deal him. You're going to hear the Mets names attached to so many players its probably not worth blinking at this point. Not until they are involved in more serious reported trade talks.

    I think Bryant is more realistic but probably more likely a trade candidate at the deadline.

  5. #2795
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,629
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The A's are the favorites to win the AL West and Chapman is just turning arbitration eligible next season. I don't see them being overly motivated to deal him. You're going to hear the Mets names attached to so many players its probably not worth blinking at this point. Not until they are involved in more serious reported trade talks.

    I think Bryant is more realistic but probably more likely a trade candidate at the deadline.
    Unless something surprising happens over the next couple of days, our team going into Spring Training will have J.D. Davis, Guillorme and Villar as the 3b depth (at least from the 25 man roster). Obviously the entire 40 man roster and the spring training invites will be there too.

    I agree that Bryant might be an end of Spring Training or trade deadline acquisition. Chapman is a rumor at best.

  6. #2796
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    22,546
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I dont get the hype for chapman. Amazing defensively yes, good power yes, entering prime yes. But bryant is the superior hitter who will cost much less in terms of prospects. I like that chapman is cost controlled for 3 years but I'd rather just pay less prospects and more money for Bryant as we want to rebuild our farm anyways

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Bryant is a slightly better hitter, being 10% better than Chapman for his career.

    Chapman is also arguably the best defensive third baseman in baseball, right up there with Arenado.

    Chapman-Lindor-McNeil-Dom is probably the best defensive infield out there


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  7. #2797
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,817
    He's a good player for sure but the difference in trade value is astronomical

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  8. #2798
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,565
    Michael Mayer
    @mikemayer22
    Players acquired this offseason currently on Mets 40-man roster:

    Francisco Lindor
    Carlos Carrasco
    James McCann
    Trevor May
    Joey Lucchesi
    Jonathan Villar
    Albert Almora
    Aaron Loup
    Sam McWilliams
    Jacob Barnes
    Stephen Tarpley
    Jordan Yamamoto
    Yennsy Diaz
    Jose Martinez
    Khalil Lee
    SRF

    Before anyone asks, Sean Reid Foley


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  9. #2799
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,565
    The funny part about it is they may not be done.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #2800
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,203
    Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Unless something surprising happens over the next couple of days, our team going into Spring Training will have J.D. Davis, Guillorme and Villar as the 3b depth (at least from the 25 man roster). Obviously the entire 40 man roster and the spring training invites will be there too.

    I agree that Bryant might be an end of Spring Training or trade deadline acquisition. Chapman is a rumor at best.
    It's telling that the Mets didn't give Davis what he wanted in arbitration. It's also telling that they keep saying Dom is not an OFer. Those things tell you that they are actively trying to find players who can fit those positions. Dom is going to be an OFer this year. That will change next season with the DH. He'll rotate there at the very least or depending on what happens with Alonso, maybe he or Pete are traded.

    I don't know what they are going to do at 3rd. I think Davis is your 3rd baseman on opening day. Not as certain Nimmo is your CFer. These guys like Villar and Guillorme are bench players though. Bryant is a realistic option and Chapman is more of a pipe dream. Same with a guy like Saurez.

  11. #2801
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,203
    Mets traded Ali Sanchez to the Cardinals for cash. Guess its something considering he was DFA'd the other day.

  12. #2802
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Mets traded Ali Sanchez to the Cardinals for cash. Guess its something considering he was DFA'd the other day.
    We got Dave Cash for Sanchez. Cash (72) is solid in the field, but do we really need another 2B? Cash has been nursing a sore hamstring since he last played in 1980. He should be good to go.
    Last edited by Rocco Hardball; 02-12-2021 at 03:16 PM.

  13. #2803
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,629
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's telling that the Mets didn't give Davis what he wanted in arbitration. It's also telling that they keep saying Dom is not an OFer. Those things tell you that they are actively trying to find players who can fit those positions. Dom is going to be an OFer this year. That will change next season with the DH. He'll rotate there at the very least or depending on what happens with Alonso, maybe he or Pete are traded.

    I don't know what they are going to do at 3rd. I think Davis is your 3rd baseman on opening day. Not as certain Nimmo is your CFer. These guys like Villar and Guillorme are bench players though. Bryant is a realistic option and Chapman is more of a pipe dream. Same with a guy like Saurez.
    Regarding Bryant, if the Mets would take on his entire salary for this year and he doesn't sign next year which is probable since Boring *** is his agent, then they should just send the Cubs a bag of balls.

  14. #2804
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,629
    Or maybe Davis and a bag of balls. No prospects. If they want to take on some salary, send them Familia or Betances with Davis but don't send the bag of balls.

  15. #2805
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,817
    Arrieta to Cubs so maybe Paxton for us?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •