Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 187 of 210 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3137
    I think this Chapman rumor is just that a rumor. Dandy and Cohen want to rebuild the farm system So a trade like that will obviously make that a lot harder

I dont get the hype for chapman. Amazing defensively yes, good power yes, entering prime yes. But bryant is the superior hitter who will cost much less in terms of prospects. I like that chapman is cost controlled for 3 years but I'd rather just pay less prospects and more money for Bryant as we want to rebuild our farm anyways

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The Chapman rumor came from Carton. I am not calling him a liar. You can choose to believe him or not. I'll wait for a more credible source.

The A's are the favorites to win the AL West and Chapman is just turning arbitration eligible next season. I don't see them being overly motivated to deal him. You're going to hear the Mets names attached to so many players its probably not worth blinking at this point. Not until they are involved in more serious reported trade talks.

I think Bryant is more realistic but probably more likely a trade candidate at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The A's are the favorites to win the AL West and Chapman is just turning arbitration eligible next season. I don't see them being overly motivated to deal him. You're going to hear the Mets names attached to so many players its probably not worth blinking at this point. Not until they are involved in more serious reported trade talks.

I think Bryant is more realistic but probably more likely a trade candidate at the deadline.
    Unless something surprising happens over the next couple of days, our team going into Spring Training will have J.D. Davis, Guillorme and Villar as the 3b depth (at least from the 25 man roster). Obviously the entire 40 man roster and the spring training invites will be there too.

I agree that Bryant might be an end of Spring Training or trade deadline acquisition. Chapman is a rumor at best.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I dont get the hype for chapman. Amazing defensively yes, good power yes, entering prime yes. But bryant is the superior hitter who will cost much less in terms of prospects. I like that chapman is cost controlled for 3 years but I'd rather just pay less prospects and more money for Bryant as we want to rebuild our farm anyways

Bryant is a slightly better hitter, being 10% better than Chapman for his career.

Chapman is also arguably the best defensive third baseman in baseball, right up there with Arenado.

Chapman-Lindor-McNeil-Dom is probably the best defensive infield out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

He's a good player for sure but the difference in trade value is astronomical

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayer22
    Players acquired this offseason currently on Mets 40-man roster:

Francisco Lindor
    Carlos Carrasco
    James McCann
    Trevor May
    Joey Lucchesi
    Jonathan Villar
    Albert Almora
    Aaron Loup
    Sam McWilliams
    Jacob Barnes
    Stephen Tarpley
    Jordan Yamamoto
    Yennsy Diaz
    Jose Martinez
    Khalil Lee
    SRF

Before anyone asks, Sean Reid Foley

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The funny part about it is they may not be done.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Unless something surprising happens over the next couple of days, our team going into Spring Training will have J.D. Davis, Guillorme and Villar as the 3b depth (at least from the 25 man roster). Obviously the entire 40 man roster and the spring training invites will be there too.

I agree that Bryant might be an end of Spring Training or trade deadline acquisition. Chapman is a rumor at best.
    It's telling that the Mets didn't give Davis what he wanted in arbitration. It's also telling that they keep saying Dom is not an OFer. Those things tell you that they are actively trying to find players who can fit those positions. Dom is going to be an OFer this year. That will change next season with the DH. He'll rotate there at the very least or depending on what happens with Alonso, maybe he or Pete are traded.

I don't know what they are going to do at 3rd. I think Davis is your 3rd baseman on opening day. Not as certain Nimmo is your CFer. These guys like Villar and Guillorme are bench players though. Bryant is a realistic option and Chapman is more of a pipe dream. Same with a guy like Saurez.

Mets traded Ali Sanchez to the Cardinals for cash. Guess its something considering he was DFA'd the other day.

Mets traded Ali Sanchez to the Cardinals for cash. Guess its something considering he was DFA'd the other day.
    We got Dave Cash for Sanchez. Cash (72) is solid in the field, but do we really need another 2B? Cash has been nursing a sore hamstring since he last played in 1980. He should be good to go.
    Last edited by Rocco Hardball; 02-12-2021 at 03:16 PM.

It's telling that the Mets didn't give Davis what he wanted in arbitration. It's also telling that they keep saying Dom is not an OFer. Those things tell you that they are actively trying to find players who can fit those positions. Dom is going to be an OFer this year. That will change next season with the DH. He'll rotate there at the very least or depending on what happens with Alonso, maybe he or Pete are traded.

I don't know what they are going to do at 3rd. I think Davis is your 3rd baseman on opening day. Not as certain Nimmo is your CFer. These guys like Villar and Guillorme are bench players though. Bryant is a realistic option and Chapman is more of a pipe dream. Same with a guy like Saurez.
    Regarding Bryant, if the Mets would take on his entire salary for this year and he doesn't sign next year which is probable since Boring *** is his agent, then they should just send the Cubs a bag of balls.

Or maybe Davis and a bag of balls. No prospects. If they want to take on some salary, send them Familia or Betances with Davis but don't send the bag of balls.

Arrieta to Cubs so maybe Paxton for us?