Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 172 of 210 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3137
    What I donít want to see is another week of reading about the Mets being ďinterestedĒ in players who inevitably sign somewhere else. At this point there isnít much impact talent left. Identify who you want and get in done.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    What I donít want to see is another week of reading about the Mets being ďinterestedĒ in players who inevitably sign somewhere else. At this point there isnít much impact talent left. Identify who you want and get in done.
    Donít watch the news
    They have nothing to write/talk about, so repeating the same garbage over and over again is the only thing they can do. The second they hear Mets discussed a player, regardless of the level of real interest, letís talk about it endlessly until they sign elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Donít watch the news
    They have nothing to write/talk about, so repeating the same garbage over and over again is the only thing they can do. The second they hear Mets discussed a player, regardless of the level of real interest, letís talk about it endlessly until they sign elsewhere
    I get it. My issue is still with what feels like an overly methodical and tunnel vision approach by the Mets FO. The team needs have been clear yet they still havenít addressed them all as well as they could have.

One of the benefits of having the wealthiest owner should be not having to discount shop at the end of FA. Again, identify the players who best serve your needs and get them.

I don't think a Suarez Gray trade would be a good idea. Gray sucked in NY with the Yankees, and right now they both have a ton of value with the contracts and years of control they have. It would take our top prospects to get them.

If we make a deal like that I'd prefer including Dom to offset some of the prospect cost. Someone like Baty would certainly have to be included for Suarez. It'll be a high price, but I think we're overall a better team with Suarez at 3B, JBJ in CF, and Nimmo in LF as opposed to JD at 3B, Nimmo in CF, and Dom in LF.

I don't care for bringing in Gray. Target Suarez separately, not don't talk to CIN. It'd just cost more prospects and I don't trust him.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 02-06-2021 at 09:49 AM.

I get it. My issue is still with what feels like an overly methodical and tunnel vision approach by the Mets FO. The team needs have been clear yet they still havenít addressed them all as well as they could have.

One of the benefits of having the wealthiest owner should be not having to discount shop at the end of FA. Again, identify the players who best serve your needs and get them.
    I'm gonna give them a break this offseason. Bauer and Hand didn't wanna be here. Realmuto likely preferred PHL and if we waited for him and missed out, then we have no quality major league catcher. I thought we could have increased the offer a bit for Springer but I understand not going as high as the Jays did for a 31 yo outfielder likely to be in a corner OF spot shortly.

We have a good offense and SP right now. If Diaz, Lugo, and May have very good seasons, there's no reason to believe we can't be in the NL East race in September. We're not THAT far behind the Braves on paper.

I never wanted Bauer I made that clear months ago so not upset at all. Not sure why the Mets wasted so much time with him when it was obvious he was using them to stay home. Springer I was iffy about. I definetly preferred him over Bauer but was a it scared by his age and length of contract. Problem is after we traded Kelenic(thanks Brodie) we had a weak spot at CF. I like Nimmo but he gets injured a lot. The offseason was still a success but I felt the Mets should have never paid any attention to Bauer. There are still some players out there to get so itís not over

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I'm gonna give them a break this offseason. Bauer and Hand didn't wanna be here. Realmuto likely preferred PHL and if we waited for him and missed out, then we have no quality major league catcher. I thought we could have increased the offer a bit for Springer but I understand not going as high as the Jays did for a 31 yo outfielder likely to be in a corner OF spot shortly.

We have a good offense and SP right now. If Diaz, Lugo, and May have very good seasons, there's no reason to believe we can't be in the NL East race in September. We're not THAT far behind the Braves on paper.
    I donít disagree and they definitely improved this off-season, but they canít settle. They go into too many seasons seemingly settling for good enough or hoping that certain things play out. Just want to see them do a little bit more to fill holes they still have. They still need better D at CF and 3B (donít need to be starters) and they need one more high upside starter and reliever. If they still do that, Iíll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    I never wanted Bauer I made that clear months ago so not upset at all. Not sure why the Mets wasted so much time with him when it was obvious he was using them to stay home. Springer I was iffy about. I definetly preferred him over Bauer but was a it scared by his age and length of contract. Problem is after we traded Kelenic(thanks Brodie) we had a weak spot at CF. I like Nimmo but he gets injured a lot. The offseason was still a success but I felt the Mets should have never paid any attention to Bauer. There are still some players out there to get so itís not over
    I agree with all of this and hope the attention to Bauer didnít distract them from making other moves.

I agree with all of this and hope the attention to Bauer didnít distract them from making other moves.
    I DON'T WANT KNEE JERK REACTION trades like the Mets (including Mr. Alderson) have done in the past. That is how we ended up with Jason Bay (the second time), Brodie's trade for J. D. Davis and some of the pitching trades and signings we saw last year. Arrieta is not going to supplant our top 5 right now and we have some interesting young pitchers after those top 5. Hill is 40, might still have a year left but it is risky. We don't need to do that. When you sign a CF or 3B, he needs to be great defensively and acceptable offensively. We don't want to lose 4 or 4 WAR by putting guys out there who are "great" defensively but cannot hit.

We are a good team as we are now. Let spring training begin and see what the real needs are. Most of the existing FAs will still be available.

No way JBJ is getting 4 years. I still think we may sign him to like, a 2 year deal even without the DH. There will be plenty of at bats for Dom throughout the year, then DH next year.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I DON'T WANT KNEE JERK REACTION trades like the Mets (including Mr. Alderson) have done in the past. That is how we ended up with Jason Bay (the second time), Brodie's trade for J. D. Davis and some of the pitching trades and signings we saw last year. Arrieta is not going to supplant our top 5 right now and we have some interesting young pitchers after those top 5. Hill is 40, might still have a year left but it is risky. We don't need to do that. When you sign a CF or 3B, he needs to be great defensively and acceptable offensively. We don't want to lose 4 or 4 WAR by putting guys out there who are "great" defensively but cannot hit.

We are a good team as we are now. Let spring training begin and see what the real needs are. Most of the existing FAs will still be available.
    I have no interest in the Mets signing guys like Arrieta or Hill. They should be focusing on getting a younger pitcher with upside, because any risk they would take on for a guy like that is mitigated by the pitching depth they have already built. They should bet on upside on short term deals.

I have no interest in the Mets signing guys like Arrieta or Hill. They should be focusing on getting a younger pitcher with upside, because any risk they would take on for a guy like that is mitigated by the pitching depth they have already built. They should bet on upside on short term deals.
    Agree on Arrieta and Hill. I want Walker and I'd give him a 4 year deal. The aav probably wouldn't be too high. At 28 yo he could be a steal. Definitely has good upside.

Kinda wish we'd look at signing Justin Turner to a 2 year deal. He keeps having good seasons. Gives us a solid bridge to Baty or Mauricio at 3B. Greatly improves our defense, and it'd be equal or better offense.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 02-06-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Agree on Arrieta and Hill. I want Walker and I'd give him a 4 year deal. The aav probably wouldn't be too high. At 28 yo he could be a steal. Definitely has good upside.

Kinda wish we'd look at signing Justin Turner to a 2 year deal. He keeps having good seasons. Gives us a solid bridge to Baty or Mauricio at 3B. Greatly improves our defense, and it'd be equal or better offense.
    I'm good with Walker or Paxton. Would also be interested in Turner. Just don't know that he has any interest in the Mets given the way things ended and Sandy was a part of that.

I'm good with Walker or Paxton. Would also be interested in Turner. Just don't know that he has any interest in the Mets given the way things ended and Sandy was a part of that.
    Yeah, I don't see Sandy swallowing his pride to make that move either. I would be hesitant either way. I know Turner has been great since joining the Dodgers and he was good last year but 36 years old is a really scary age for baseball players, especially 3rd baseman.

I guess there is little to no risk in a 1 year deal or a 1 year deal with an option but I think he's going back to LA.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-06-2021 at 06:13 PM.

I think JBJ on a 2 year + team option is an choice I could live with. Great defense, but I think we'll quickly get frustrated with the bat so we would have to be aware of that. Worst case scenario you're back to square one with Nimmo & resign Marisnick, and my guess is we bring Laugares back on a minor league deal at some point in the season lol. Maybe look for a mid-season trade for a RH CF instead of pulling the trigger quick on JBJ.

They need a back end starter to fill in until Noah is back. idk if we should take more than a 1 or 2 year flyer on any of these starters that are left in FA. Only ones I would want are Paxton, Walker, Rich Hill. I trust Pederson to be reliable as a #4/5. Also, try and grab Jeffries or another arm you can trust in the 7th/8th inning.

I think Turner would be a great addition to this team. He was basically the #3 hitter for the WS Champs, good locker room guy who knows the city, pretty good defense as well. Asides from that, not quite sure. I haven't seen this anywhere so this idea doesn't really matter lol, but imagine how fun the infield would be if they traded for Javy Baez and put him at 2nd, shifting McNeil over to 3rd base. I'd just love to see a double play turned by Lindor and Baez, plus the energy they would both bring to the team.