Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 161 of 210 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by Left_Coast_Mets View Post
    As you said we shall see. I see it being more likely that nimmo starts in center than JD starting at 3rd. And both more likely than Dom as our starting LF. But I don't see any of them happening. That's the beauty of a forum. One of us can come back and say I told ya so [emoji4]
    The Dom situation is being overblown. The DH is coming if not this year then the following year. You donít trade that bat away knowing that. Dom is our first baseman and Pete our DH for the foreseeable future. If that means jamming his elite bat in left for the year and nimmo in center so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    This Bauer situation is getting ****ing old. You have one offer that isnít changing ******* take it or **** off. I have no one interest in players who feel they have to reluctantly take huge sums of money from the Mets.
    It is. Hoping itís over today one way or another

Yeah I hope it is over today too. Think mets probably won't wait much longer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Just have a feeling he is not going to sign with Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Just have a feeling he is not going to sign with Mets.
    Heís signing here today

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Heís signing here today

NOPE. He is just playing with the Mets to drive up the price. If the Dodgers just meet the Mets offer, he goes home to West Coast.

The best thing we can do is to give him a deadline of noon Eastern time or we take the offer off the table. Then pivot to Odorizzi or Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Cano is gonna keep us over the tax no matter what.

This. I LOVED The Met strategy thus far this offseason. Get the true super star (Lindor)...Fill all the absolute must gaps with good talent (BP, SP) add a ton of depth at the minor league level and try to stay under the LT because of the multiplier and with Cano's return there is ZERO chance they aren't over next year.

If one of the big superstar FA's wants to take a contract that's short or under market value vs. normal years then great go ahead and add him. If they want to many years or to many dollars great, pass and wait till next year to start the multiplier.

This is the Cohen difference, he can take advatnage of value, it's not just overspend on everything.
    Last edited by Northeastfshman; 02-05-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    NOPE. He is just playing with the Mets to drive up the price. If the Dodgers just meet the Mets offer, he goes home to West Coast.

The best thing we can do is to give him a deadline of noon Eastern time or we take the offer off the table. Then pivot to Odorizzi or Hill.
    This. **** him at this point. He has had three weeks to get a better deal in his preferred destination and he isn't getting it. Time to move on. Mets have an ace they don't need Bauer. They can still improve the rotation with Odorizzi or Hill, obviously not to the same extent, but the money saved gives them more financial flexibility moving forward to make other improvements.

They did give him a noon deadline time...

WHAT DO YOU KNOW

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...17613028212738

Wow this is amazing. So happy they said "We are going to work in our timeline, not yours"

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...028212738?s=19

I hope Joel Sherman is right about this. **** him. This is ridiculous. Force him to choose so we can move onto other options. Don't care if he goes to the Dodgers. It'll be for less money if he doesn't take it.

Ball is in his court.

If he declines us and he ends up getting a lot less in LAD, I will laugh

Dodgers wonít meet the offer and he will sign here

Iím not a Bauer fan. Not worth that money when you look at his career numbers and his attitude. Plus we lose draft picks and we desperately need more teams t infused into the system after all the top prospects we traded

I don't care about Cohen's money if he's willing to spend it and it won't keep us from extending our guys. He improves the team a lot. Period. And a short 3 year deal with opt outs is good for both him and the Mets.