Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 210 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3137
    Getting B.Hand would be a great get for our BP. Another guy who can pitch multiple innings and can close games if needed and we need a lefty in our BP. This probably stops talks with J.Wilson but if we could get him to come back on the cheap our BP would be great.

Man the Lindor thing was so nice. Hate this back and forth twitter reporting. We are close, not close, talking, interested, etc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I don't mind. It makes it exciting. Rosenthal is a good reporter and owned it. Shouldn't have run with it without a second source. I do agree that social media has created a dynamic that compels reporters to be "first", rather than right. The difference this year is, if we don't get Hand, we're getting someone comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Man the Lindor thing was so nice. Hate this back and forth twitter reporting. We are close, not close, talking, interested, etc

Seriously. Just shut the **** up until you actually have something to report.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...845184513?s=19

Man DJ settled. Weren't they always offering 80M and he asked for 110? To settle on 85-90....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rn-to-new-york

This deal means that DJ never intended to sign anywhere other than with the Yanks. Also, what was the point of dragging this out if this is what the contract ended up being? How does a batting title champ get less than 20mil/yr? Also, how the **** does Springer get 150mil+ if this is what DJ gets?

Also how the **** are the Yankees getting sweetheart deals?!

Ridiculous. He definitely tried to get other teams involved just to drive up the Yankee price.

Ridiculous. He definitely tried to get other teams involved just to drive up the Yankee price.
    And that clearly failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I don't mind. It makes it exciting. Rosenthal is a good reporter and owned it. Shouldn't have run with it without a second source. I do agree that social media has created a dynamic that compels reporters to be "first", rather than right. The difference this year is, if we don't get Hand, we're getting someone comparable.
    Rosenthal and Passan are the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I agreed. They were doing this before the twitter outburst so they know to not just tweet for sake of tweeting

I agreed. They were doing this before the twitter outburst so they know to not just tweet for sake of tweeting

I like Lindor better than LeMahiuex. The Yanks just bring their guy back, no real year to year improvement. The Mets got better with Lindor and Carrasco.

It also probably takes the Yanks out of adding Bryant or Arenado (one less team to compete with). Also, likely takes them out of the Springer sweepstakes in case they were ever involved.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I like Lindor better than LeMahiuex. The Yanks just bring their guy back, no real year to year improvement. The Mets got better with Lindor and Carrasco.

It also probably takes the Yanks out of adding Bryant or Arenado (one less team to compete with). Also, likely takes them out of the Springer sweepstakes in case they were ever involved.
    I never thought of it as either or.

So far Toronto has been in on everyone and has gotten no one. I don't see Bauer going there. And they'll need to overpay to get Springer. Their fans must be frustrated. But not as frustrated as Cleveland's.

After we close the deal for Hand, our new priorities should be...

Sign Springer if you can get a deal closer to what LeMahieu got, not the $150 he wants... Otherwise go defense in CF with JBJ or Pillar.
    Sign a back end SP such as Paxton or Walker
    Bring back Justin Wilson. We need two capable leftys.
    Extend Lindor
    Extend Conforto

Incredible offseason!