Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 201 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3141

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,585

    The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

    Might be the most exciting off season in Mets history!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,522
    It already is.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,585
    As we work to figure out what the Mets organization will look like if Steve Cohen is approved as owner and names Sandy Alderson team president, league sources have identified three names who will likely be considered for a role with the team: Nationals assistant hitting coach Pat Roessler, Oakland assistant general manager Billy Owens, and Tampa Bay special assistant Bobby Heck.

    Roessler served as Metsí assistant hitting coach from 2015-17 under Kevin Long. He was hitting coach in 2018, and remains highly respected by many in the organization. He could be under consideration for a prominent coaching role next season.



    Heck and Owens are highly respected executives who could play a role in a revamped front office. As SNY previously reported, Alderson could hire one or two top baseball operations executives to report to him.

    All of this is contingent on Cohenís approval by other owners. Despite some dissent behind the scenes, league sources expect the sale to ultimately go through. That would leave Alderson in charge of baseball operations by November at the latest.

    Alderson could not be reached for comment.

    SNY

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,727
    I can't wait until BVW is officially shown the door.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,522
    I would try to get DarNo back.
    Glad I got that off my chest.

    Oh, BVW sucks.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I would try to get DarNo back.
    Glad I got that off my chest.

    Oh, BVW sucks.
    I think BVW gets a raw deal because of the Cano trade, but in reality, lets see what Cano can do the next couple of years. Diaz finally looked like the real deal. If Thor isn't hurt and Stro doesnt opt out, we are a serious contender this past season. And Cano was a big part of that. I wouldn't take Darnaud back for free. He can't feild, can't throw and is rarely on the field. No thank you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    I think BVW gets a raw deal because of the Cano trade, but in reality, lets see what Cano can do the next couple of years. Diaz finally looked like the real deal. If Thor isn't hurt and Stro doesnt opt out, we are a serious contender this past season. And Cano was a big part of that. I wouldn't take Darnaud back for free. He can't feild, can't throw and is rarely on the field. No thank you.
    BVW traded a prospect for Billy Hamilton, a guy who was about to be DFA'd.
    He released DarNo, a player 10x better than Billy Hamilton and received bupkis.

    He traded two top 100 prospects for a player who who gave this team 0.9 fWAR.

    Raw deal? As a GM, he sucks ***.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    BVW traded a prospect for Billy Hamilton, a guy who was about to be DFA'd.
    He released DarNo, a player 10x better than Billy Hamilton and received bupkis.

    He traded two top 100 prospects for a player who who gave this team 0.9 fWAR.

    Raw deal? As a GM, he sucks ***.
    And if the Mets win the WS next year with Diaz being what he was in Seattle, he is GM of the year. The JD Davis trade was stellar and Billy Hamilton sealed his own fate. Cano as a DH could also do some real damage. The jury is still out on BVW. Now would it kill me to see him replaced? I could care less either way.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    I think BVW gets a raw deal because of the Cano trade, but in reality, lets see what Cano can do the next couple of years. Diaz finally looked like the real deal. If Thor isn't hurt and Stro doesnt opt out, we are a serious contender this past season. And Cano was a big part of that. I wouldn't take Darnaud back for free. He can't feild, can't throw and is rarely on the field. No thank you.


    Yeah! Trading Blake Taylor, a lefty reliever with 6 year of control who throws 96 for Jake Marisnick was a stroke of genius! The Mets didn't need relievers with control! And I mean Blake Taylor only had a 209ERA+ this year.

    FBVW

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    72,264
    Like anyone thought díArnaud was going to do this here lol. Once we signed Ramos, he was a goner.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,140
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Like anyone thought díArnaud was going to do this here lol. Once we signed Ramos, he was a goner.
    No one did but its a nice narrative with the benefit of hindsight. Its not like D'Arnaud had 5 years to figure it out as a Met or anything.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,373
    Donít care about Darno. He wasnít good here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    9,566
    Canít blame the Mets for darnaud but it sure is pissing me off that he put it together in ATL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,522
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Canít blame the Mets for darnaud but it sure is pissing me off that he put it together in ATL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I blame the Mets for just releasing him.
    To throw salt in the wound the Mets traded a prospect for Billy Hamilton.

    Oh by the way Wilson Ramos sucks.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I blame the Mets for just releasing him.
    To throw salt in the wound the Mets traded a prospect for Billy Hamilton.

    Oh by the way Wilson Ramos sucks.
    Didn't the Dodgers and Tampa Bay also give up on him

Page 1 of 201 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •