Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 123 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3118
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I think Stroman and his $18.9M go away
    Maybe both though if they cost too much. We'd still have deGrom, Bauer, Carrasco, Peterson, and Lucchesi. That's still a solid rotation even without Syndergaard and Stroman. That's a pretty good position to be in.

From the beginning of the off season I didnít want baur. I donít think he has a long enough track record of the success heís going to get paid for. Then again, itís not my money and I want him to spend some of HIS money so I can be happy

Please be mets!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I want Bauer on the Mets. I have been saying this since day one of FA. Imagine sending out Stroman, Thor, or Carrasco against another teams 3-5 starters. Just wow.

Why does it feel like every team is outbidding us

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Who would you rather have?

Just Bauer

Or JBJ and Hand? Maybe even a JBJ/Kike platoon with Hand
    I donít understand the luxury tax issue right now. Say we resign Lindor, Conforto, and one of Thor/Stroman. Itís not like we are just going to be set with our roster. Arbitration numbers will rise and we will have to fill holes with pricey FAís. The same could be said if we just resign Lindor and Conforto and let the pitchers walk.

This off-season you have very few teams who are spending money and for as much as I loved our offseason I donít understand why we are penny pinching the Brad Hands of the world. Familia and Betances are gone next year. So whatís the issue with giving Hand a 2 year deal? Why wait until next year when more teams are going to be in the bidding for players

My issue with the Springer situation is that itís not a lock we resign Conforto just because he is our player and we would have the money available. Just like with the contract the Jays gave Springer someone can way over pay for Michael and then what? I would have offered Springer the same contract the Jays did with one extra year tacked on.

But to get to your point it should be Bauer and Hand while waiting out the JBJ market. Pitching and defense. Money should not be an issue when you are now one of the best teams in baseball and on the brink of being THE BEST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Why does it feel like every team is outbidding us

Because the Mets are close to the luxury tax. They are in on a lot of FA which is nice for a change but other teams have more payroll room and can be more aggressive with certain guys they are prioritizing.

Hand is not a major hit either. That acquisition can **** the bed like a lot of FA RP.

To have expected this revolution where the Mets were going to acquire every major piece was daydreaming. Not accusing you of suggesting that but a lot of Met fans on social media felt that way. That the Mets were going to take over in terms of FA. The Springer thing has brought us back to Earth a little.

The good thing is the Mets are active. They were in on Garrett Richards before he signed with Boston today. They are still looking to improve and the offseason isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because the Mets are close to the luxury tax. They are in on a lot of FA which is nice for a change but other teams have more payroll room and can be more aggressive with certain guys they are prioritizing.

Hand is not a major hit either. That acquisition can **** the bed like a lot of FA RP.

To have expected this revolution where the Mets were going to acquire every major piece was daydreaming. Not accusing you of suggesting that but a lot of Met fans on social media felt that way. That the Mets were going to take over in terms of FA. The Springer thing has brought us back to Earth a little.

The good thing is the Mets are active. They were in on Garrett Richards before he signed with Boston today. They are still looking to improve and the offseason isn't over yet.
    I get this but still feels bad

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I get this but still feels bad

The Springer loss hurt. I hate being 2nd place to the Blue Jays of all teams, especially when it was just a battle between us and them.

I want Bauer but if they got JBJ or Wong and Hand, I would be good with that too. Just keep filling needs.

Good chance we are already a playoff team. A good defensive CF and a solid RP is all we really NEED at this point. Anything more would be great, but we'll be a good team either way, unless derailed by lengthy injuries to key players all year.

Cohen can NOT let the Nats snatch up Hand. He needs to flex his wallet, luxury tax be damned.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Bauer is such a unique and confident person, how about something like this

5 years @$18M
    Each year, he is eligible for the below bonuses
    All Star +3M
    Top 10 MVP +3M
    MVP +3M
    NLCS MVP +3M
    WS MVP +3M
    ERA under 2.50 +3M (min 140 innings)
    25+ starts +2M
    200 innings +2M
    200 Ks +2M
    Top 5 CY +3M
    CY winner +5M

If he had another CY Young season, heíd be inline for ~$41M
    If he sucks, $18M
    Somewhere in between, ~$24M-$27M

If he has a Scherzer like career, heíd be raking in $33M-$41M a year
    Last edited by Larry M; 01-24-2021 at 08:46 AM.