Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I am fine with the Mets overpaying for a great player who fits their needs on multiple levels. I just don't want them to outbid themselves. Who is giving Realmuto 200mil? I hope it isn't the Mets though.
    Itís likely just a bargaining tactic by his agent to essentially put a price tag on him.

He probably wonít come close to 200MM but 150-170 is definitely reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Realmuto is the game-changer the Mets need. If it takes 200 million you do it. I am interested in what the bidding process will be. Cohen is licking his lips to make a splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I would try to get DarNo back.
    Glad I got that off my chest.

Oh, BVW sucks.
    I think BVW gets a raw deal because of the Cano trade, but in reality, lets see what Cano can do the next couple of years. Diaz finally looked like the real deal. If Thor isn't hurt and Stro doesnt opt out, we are a serious contender this past season. And Cano was a big part of that. I wouldn't take Darnaud back for free. He can't feild, can't throw and is rarely on the field. No thank you.

If there is any truth to a 200mil contract request from Realmuto then thatís just ****ing asinine. Huge contracts for aging Cís just donít make any sense. Every single one has ended with the C no longer able the play C, not staying healthy and in no way living up to the contract. Let someone other than the Mets make that mistake.

Also, if that is real, maybe he and his agent should read the ****ing room. Owners lost money last year. Where is a contract that size coming from for an aging C in this financial environment?
    Owners losing $$ last year could be a God-send for Cohen and the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    I think BVW gets a raw deal because of the Cano trade, but in reality, lets see what Cano can do the next couple of years. Diaz finally looked like the real deal. If Thor isn't hurt and Stro doesnt opt out, we are a serious contender this past season. And Cano was a big part of that. I wouldn't take Darnaud back for free. He can't feild, can't throw and is rarely on the field. No thank you.
    BVW traded a prospect for Billy Hamilton, a guy who was about to be DFA'd.
    He released DarNo, a player 10x better than Billy Hamilton and received bupkis.

He traded two top 100 prospects for a player who who gave this team 0.9 fWAR.

Raw deal? As a GM, he sucks ***.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Owners losing $$ last year could be a God-send for Cohen and the Mets.
    Agreed, because they will be one of the few teams with an influx of cash, while other teams take austerity measures.

Agreed, because they will be one of the few teams with an influx of cash, while other teams take austerity measures.
    Cohen is so lucky the original offer didn't go through. Owners took a bath this year and the value of the team went down. More 3-D chess from the Wilpons.

With the Mets declining the Wilson Ramos' contract for the 2021 season, 14 players are set to become free agents Wednesday with the World Series over.

News of the Mets' declining Ramos' $10 million option, which will require paying a $1.5 million buyout, was first reported by Mike Puma of the New York Post and later made official.

The move to decline Ramos' option was expected, with him coming off a season where he was a liability on both sides of the ball.

The Mets also declined club options for the 2021 season on Robinson Chirinos and Todd Frazier, the team announced Wednesday afternoon.

Meanwhile, Yoenis Cespedes, Jared Hughes, Jed Lowrie, Jake Marisnick, Eduardo Nunez, Rick Porcello, Erasmo Ramirez, Rene Rivera, Marcus Stroman, Michael Wacha, and Justin Wilson all officially became free agents Wednesday morning.

Of the Mets' free agents, the ones it could make the most sense for them to try to retain are Stroman and Wilson.

When it comes to Stroman, the Mets have until next Monday, Nov. 2, to decide whether or not to extend him the one-year qualifying offer worth $18 million.

If the Mets extend the offer and Stroman accepts, they will get him for the 2021 season at $18 million.

If the Mets extend the offer and Stroman rejects it, they will receive draft pick compensation if Stroman signs elsewhere.

The Mets could also extend the offer (or not) and attempt to work out a long-term extension with Stroman.

SNY

I thought their was no QO this season but I was wrong, Mets need to offer him or work out a long term deal.

I think the QO for stro makes a lot of sense for both sides. He wonít get that annually on a long term deal and gives him a chance to up his value in what will hopefully be a stronger market for players next season. For the mets they donít have to commit long term to a guy that was frankly underwhelming in his time here and still fill a rotational need for next season. Letís hope he bites.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I think the QO for stro makes a lot of sense for both sides. He wonít get that annually on a long term deal and gives him a chance to up his value in what will hopefully be a stronger market for players next season. For the mets they donít have to commit long term to a guy that was frankly underwhelming in his time here and still fill a rotational need for next season. Letís hope he bites.

Stroman will certainly get over $18M annually. This is a weak FA class for SPs. I would like to retain him though since the likelihood of us signing every Top FA seems slim regardless of how much $$ we have.

Had no idea James McCann was a FA this year.

Iíd prefer going after him instead of Realmuto (who FWIW reportedly ďlikes being in Philly and isnít particularly keen on New YorkĒ

Yeah McCann make much more sense.

Could? Mets have to pounce on this.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-could-...185548708.html

Yeah! Trading Blake Taylor, a lefty reliever with 6 year of control who throws 96 for Jake Marisnick was a stroke of genius! The Mets didn't need relievers with control! And I mean Blake Taylor only had a 209ERA+ this year.

FBVW

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast