Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

Might be the most exciting off season in Mets history!

It already is.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

As we work to figure out what the Mets organization will look like if Steve Cohen is approved as owner and names Sandy Alderson team president, league sources have identified three names who will likely be considered for a role with the team: Nationals assistant hitting coach Pat Roessler, Oakland assistant general manager Billy Owens, and Tampa Bay special assistant Bobby Heck.

Roessler served as Metsí assistant hitting coach from 2015-17 under Kevin Long. He was hitting coach in 2018, and remains highly respected by many in the organization. He could be under consideration for a prominent coaching role next season.

Heck and Owens are highly respected executives who could play a role in a revamped front office. As SNY previously reported, Alderson could hire one or two top baseball operations executives to report to him.

All of this is contingent on Cohenís approval by other owners. Despite some dissent behind the scenes, league sources expect the sale to ultimately go through. That would leave Alderson in charge of baseball operations by November at the latest.

Alderson could not be reached for comment.

SNY

I can't wait until BVW is officially shown the door.

I would try to get DarNo back.
    Glad I got that off my chest.

Oh, BVW sucks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Like anyone thought díArnaud was going to do this here lol. Once we signed Ramos, he was a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Like anyone thought díArnaud was going to do this here lol. Once we signed Ramos, he was a goner.
    No one did but its a nice narrative with the benefit of hindsight. Its not like D'Arnaud had 5 years to figure it out as a Met or anything.

Donít care about Darno. He wasnít good here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Canít blame the Mets for darnaud but it sure is pissing me off that he put it together in ATL

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Canít blame the Mets for darnaud but it sure is pissing me off that he put it together in ATL

I blame the Mets for just releasing him.
    To throw salt in the wound the Mets traded a prospect for Billy Hamilton.

Oh by the way Wilson Ramos sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I blame the Mets for just releasing him.
    To throw salt in the wound the Mets traded a prospect for Billy Hamilton.

Oh by the way Wilson Ramos sucks.
    Didn't the Dodgers and Tampa Bay also give up on him

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Releasing TDA was reportedly a Jeff Wilpon move and yeah both teams did. I dont think the Rays gave up on Travis. They just couldn't afford him. Its to their detriment because he probably would have pushed them to the ALCS already given how well he's played in Atlanta.

They clearly re-tooled his swing in Tampa though. Its led to him having great success. Good on Atlanta for signing him. Alex Anthopoulos is a good GM and he inherited a very good team with a great farm system.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Played for TB after being released by the Dodgers for 1 game. TB couldn't afford him, they were paying pennies on the dollar.

Signed as a FA by the Braves.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Played for TB after being released by the Dodgers for 1 game. TB couldn't afford him, they were paying pennies on the dollar.

Signed as a FA by the Braves.
    They apparently couldn't because they chose not to re-sign him is my point.

Reportedly Realmuto wants 200 million.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast