Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 105 of 208 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3118
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I actually called for Lindor and Carrasco. Wasnt 1 bit surprised when it happened, made a lot of sense
    Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    He basically got the Porcello deal and he has a way higher upside than Porcello.
    Way lower floor tho.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Feel like we NEED to sign one of Paxton, Tanaka, Odorizzi, or Walker.

Hand and one of these guys would be great. Adding Springer too would be icing on the cake, but only if that doesn't stop us from extending Lindor.

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...58250912124932

Hand has interest from the Astros and Blue Jays in the last 48 hours as well besides the Mets. Wonder what the last dollar the Mets will go on him.

From deal done to one of three teams who might get him. Cool.

https://twitter.com/Metsmerized/stat...733544961?s=20

DJs deal with the Yanks helps the Mets.

Go get Springer and bring back Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    DJs deal with the Yanks helps the Mets.

Go get Springer and bring back Wilson.
    Id rather they get Hand, JBJ/Pillar and Paxton/Walker.

We need more than Wilson as a lefty. Hand and Wilson should be more than possible. If we sign Springer, does that mean we're not resigning Conforto? Or do you guys think Cohen would sign Springer for 5 years, and extend Conforto... And Lindor...

If we can't resign all these guys, priority should be to sign Hand and JBJ or Pillar, and whichever of these decent SP's are cheapest, then extend Lindor and Conforto.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    We need more than Wilson as a lefty. Hand and Wilson should be more than possible. If we sign Springer, does that mean we're not resigning Conforto? Or do you guys think Cohen would sign Springer for 5 years, and extend Conforto... And Lindor...
    I don't know if Conforto is an automatic extension candidate. Don't see him being the .322 hitter he was last year and there are a lot of good corner hitting OFers. They grow on trees. If they sign Springer, I could see them letting Conforto walk.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know if Conforto is an automatic extension candidate. Don't see him being the .322 hitter he was last year and there are a lot of good corner hitting OFers. They grow on trees. If they sign Springer, I could see them letting Conforto walk.
    With Conforto it could be painful during this coming offseason 2021-22. The Mets and Conforto's agent have been feuding for years and this *** with bor in the front loves to stick it to the Mets. I can see Springer and Nimmo in the corners and a CF brought in for 2022. In the meantime Nimmo, Springer and Conforto in the OF for 2021

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    With Conforto it could be painful during this coming offseason 2021-22. The Mets and Conforto's agent have been feuding for years and this *** with bor in the front loves to stick it to the Mets. I can see Springer and Nimmo in the corners and a CF brought in for 2022. In the meantime Nimmo, Springer and Conforto in the OF for 2021
    Well that's the thing. Boras is going to command significantly more than what Conforto is presumably worth. I love Michael but there are a lot of 3 WAR corner OFers. If he's the guy he was last year over a 162 games, that just jumps his price further. We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well that's the thing. Boras is going to command significantly more than what Conforto is presumably worth. I love Michael but there are a lot of 3 WAR corner OFers. If he's the guy he was last year over a 162 games, that just jumps his price further. We'll see I guess.
    Conforto has also made it very clear that he's the one that makes the decision on what contract he signs, not Boras.

Quote Originally Posted by newyorker4ever View Post
    Conforto has also made it very clear that he's the one that makes the decision on what contract he signs, not Boras.
    So he says. Almost none of these guys bring on Boras unless they want what he considers top dollar.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Well, I feel like it's gonna be Springer or a Conforto extension, or a Nimmo trade. We won't have all 3 for the next 5 years cuz then we'll have the same lack of a good defensive CFer as we do now. If we sign Springer, be happy for 2021 but start saying your goodbyes to Conforto most likely, unless they decide to trade Nimmo and have the cash to extend Conforto and Lindor.