Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 208 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3118
    Breaking news: Taijuan Walker changed his profile pic to the color orange and liked a tweet about wanting to be a Met

Peterson seems to be getting lost in the rotation discussion. He had a solid year and seemed to get better and smarter as the season, as short as it was, went on. He had a veteran's sense of knowing how to pitch, and knows how to make adjustments. If he can get his walks down a bit he'll be even better.

Only problem is even if he excels, he'll have an innings limit. Same with Syndergaard. Which is why we still need depth help.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I believe he would be the 1st left handed 3rd baseman.
    Donny baseball actually played third a few games in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Peterson seems to be getting lost in the rotation discussion. He had a solid year and seemed to get better and smarter as the season, as short as it was, went on. He had a veteran's sense of knowing how to pitch, and knows how to make adjustments. If he can get his walks down a bit he'll be even better.

Only problem is even if he excels, he'll have an innings limit. Same with Syndergaard. Which is why we still need depth help.
    He’s definitely my #5 when everyone is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Most times Dom can look quite slick on groundballs. Do you know if he has a strong enough arm to handle third? I like the idea though. We need him playing everyday.

Alonso played 3rd in college. He’d probably be a disaster there, but JD has been pretty close to that in the limited reps he’s had there.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I believe he would be the 1st left handed 3rd baseman.
    LOL never thought about that before

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Breaking news: Taijuan Walker changed his profile pic to the color orange and liked a tweet about wanting to be a Met
    That would be a nice pickup. The Mets need a bridge to Syndergaard. Someone who is there in case of injury or if Peterson ***** the bed. That's not Matz. It shouldn't be at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    "Rizzo became only the seventh left-handed third baseman in baseball since 1913, joining Mario Valdez, Don Mattingly, Terry Francona, Mike Squires (who did it 14 times), Charlie Grimm, and Hall of Famer George Sisler. He's the first to do it since Valdez of the White Sox spent an inning at third on July 2, 1997."

try alonso there. i think the throws from third for a lefty defy gravity, lol.

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Interesting. Wonder what his demands are?

Would like to bring him in for sure.

MatthewBrowenstein

From Tim Britton’s piece from 2018:

“Except that, according to multiple sources, the Wilpons did say "No" to Alderson when he asked for more full-time personnel in New York's three-man analytics department, opting to hire interns instead.”

Certainly a new era here now. #Mets

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Michael Mayer

Remember when Jeff Wilpon tried to say it was Sandy Alderson that didn't want to improve the analytics department.

Good times.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Michael Mayer
    Same fans that believed Sandy didn’t want to spend