Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 208 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3118
    Mets will have to move their efforts to Hand because Liam Hendriks is signing with the White Sox.

3/54 for Hendriks

Massive overpay imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Yeah that's too high for my liking.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hope that deal doesn't price us out of Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hope that deal doesn't price us out of Hand.
    It would be really strange if it did, because he could have been had on waivers for less than that, and no one picked him up. Why would anyone now give him more?

Trevor May looking like a steal

What a ridiculous contract for Hendricks. They'll likely regret that as soon as this year.

It ends up being 3/39 with a 4th year option for 4/54. If the Sox decline that option, they end up paying Hendriks 15MM over the course of 10 years.

Interesting contract, to say the least.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Just read the Mets are still very interested in DJ for 3rd base. Would love that
    Things are starting to shape up. I can see either of the following signed for 3B: LeMahieux (he likely will play 2b and McNeil plays 3b in that scenario) or Bryant via trade so long as Francisco Alvarez is not a part of that trade. With the Lindor trade, we are likely out on Arenado unless Colorado is really desperate to trade him for a bag of balls.

I think CF will be "improved" by minimizing Nimmo's playing time there by bringing in a right handed hitting CF who is a defensive wizard.

I still see only one of Dom Smith or J.D. Davis kept and they will play LF (unless Nimmo is playing there while aforementioned defensive CF is playing). In either case, their playing time will be diminished and one will be traded for sure.

Still need 1 more preferably left handed relief pitcher (Hand or bring back Justin Wilson).

One more mid rotation SP to help us get to Thor by mid-season (but someone who might be wiling to shift to the pen at that time). Perhaps Kluber or another "older" SP on a 1 or 2 year incentive laden contract fits the bill.

Let Springer and Bauer sweat it out and come down to earth on their demands. We aren't out of things as long as Steve Cohen is in charge but we aren't desperate for either of these guys at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    3/54 for Hendriks

Massive overpay imo

He will be THE closer in Chicago. Perfect situation and contract for him there.

Now that we have Lindor, Carrasco, May, Stroman and McCann we can let the market come to us a bit.

LH relief is at a premium, so there's a bit of urgency there. But there should be good value in starting pitching, and some sort of CF help.

IMO we only jump at one of DJL, Bauer or Springer if the market comes down on them, and I kind of doubt it will.

i think Mets FO believes it has its big fish in:

Lindor instead of Springer
    Carrasco instead of Bauer.

If they get Bryant or Arenado they are even better off than they would be with both Lindor and Carrasco. Bring Marisnick back to spell Nimmo in CF

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    i think Mets FO believes it has its big fish in:

Lindor instead of Springer
    Carrasco instead of Bauer.

If they get Bryant or Arenado they are even better off than they would be with both Lindor and Carrasco. Bring Marisnick back to spell Nimmo in CF
    Same. Maybe the Mets surprise us with LeMahieu because Sandy loves offense but that's a stretch imo. Jackie Bradley Jr is probably the biggest fish left they get. Otherwise I would bring back Marisnick, Justin Wilson and get Hand.

Do that and call it an offseason.

I could see them doing J.Bradley, C.Kluber and B.hand if they can fit all 3 in under the luxury tax. I could be doing a little day dreaming cause if we don't get Springer or DJ LeMathieu then getting those 3 would be a heck of a trade off.

Probably dreaming but please nobody crush my dreams today.

What will an extension for Conforto look like.

I read something recently cant' remember where that mentioned 30 mil a year. Seems high.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Same. Maybe the Mets surprise us with LeMahieu because Sandy loves offense but that's a stretch imo. Jackie Bradley Jr is probably the biggest fish left they get. Otherwise I would bring back Marisnick, Justin Wilson and get Hand.

Do that and call it an offseason.
    Agree. But if the market bottoms out, and if mid-tier FAs and high-end trade candidates are suddenly available for discounted financial/personnel costs, the FO will value hunt.