Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3118
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    This is what most fans do not understand about spending wildly because the owner has Billions. We need to be smart.
    Yup. The future of this team and a blueprint for sustainable success won’t be dictated by a single off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by newyorker4ever View Post
    Pretty good read here on what signing a guy like Bauer at what he wants could hurt signing some of our own guys in the coming years.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1TkF...9hC6FU_QU2p1zX
    Signing Springer is way more of a detriment.

Conforto will end up walking or if the Mets extend him, Springer will probably move to RF in 2022/23 and Conforto in LF. Nimmo will likely end up being used as a trade chip
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Signing Springer is way more of a detriment.

Conforto will end up walking or if the Mets extend him, Springer will probably move to RF in 2022/23 and Conforto in LF. Nimmo will likely end up being used as a trade chip
    I wonder why people are worried about extension candidates like Stroman and Syndergaard. How many innings is Noah even going to pitch this year? Combine an innings limit with a significant chance that he won't dominate and its not a deal breaker. Good shot he'll be an easy extension candidate because he won't have much of a 2021 resume. I could easily see him taking a 1 year deal in 2022.

Stroman is a lot closer to guys like Paxton, Odorizzi, Tanaka (in terms of performance) than he is Snell, Cole, Bauer, etc.

None of these things are earth shattering. Mets have to pick their spots in terms of who they invest in. If you get Bauer, you can still extend one of Thor or Stroman. I don't expect them to keep both anyways.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-02-2021 at 09:02 PM.

I forgot that Bauer and Springer would cost us draft picks... I say pass.
    Get better RP and good SP that won't cost us picks.
    JBJ short term i guess too.
    Or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    I forgot that Bauer and Springer would cost us draft picks... I say pass.
    Get better RP and good SP that won't cost us picks.
    JBJ short term i guess too.
    Or something similar.
    Its a pick after the second round. Not as big of a deal as it used to be.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-02-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its a pick after the second round. Not as big of a deal as it used to be.
    Oh, changed my mind again.. get them both!

Lol

Forget Bauer if someone is really gonna give him 35+ million a year.

We should be very happy if we finish the offseason with May, McCann, Springer, and Sugano.... Plus I'd assume another bullpen arm and possibly another SP like Odorizzi, Paxton, or Walker.

Edit : just saw Mets are out on Sugano. Oh well.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 01-04-2021 at 01:30 PM.

At this point, I just assume they'll all fall through.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Hand would be a great pickup. Shutdown lefty who can close at, presumably, a reasonable price. He's also more likely to accept a role where he's not THE closer, but part of a strong pen, while Hendriks is unlikely to choose to go to a team where it's not set in stone. Hand, a strong #3 and Springer would be a nice haul in addition to May and McCann.

Pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report 2/15. Am I the only person who thinks that is likely to be pushed back?

I expect a big year for Stroman. I like him a lot. One of my favorite Mets. I don't know if I hear the same stuff y'all hear out here on the West Coast. But, it seemed like a lot of what I read suggest that Stro took the QA because he didn't expect to get paid on the open market.

I am sure that he looked into what was best financially but at the end of the day, the dude wants to be a Met. Thats rare. I used to get so pissed when people would pile on Stat when the dude wanted to be a Knick when other folks didn't. Dude's a good pitcher and I think his best is ahead of him.

I wanted to make a post asking folks their projections on Stro but I don't think I have enough posts to be able to start a thread but I am projecting a 15-10, 3.09, pretty high WHIP because he's going to pitch to contact, a lot of innings and a really good Met.

If we sign him, he'll probably be my next jersey. Unfortunately, now his arm will fall off or he'll get busted with some yayo like every other person I was stupid enough to call my favorite Met.

I think some Mets fans soured on Stro after he opted out last season. That’s not really fair. I’m super excited that he’s back and I expect him to have a big year. He was sorely missed in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think some Mets fans soured on Stro after he opted out last season. That’s not really fair. I’m super excited that he’s back and I expect him to have a big year. He was sorely missed in the rotation.
    You're probably right but I don't get that. I've watched people I've known my whole life make strong decisions this whole year that had domino effects on others. It was the nature of the beast in 2020. Not telling you anything you don't know but I think some folks forget that these folks are regular people. Stroman seems like a pretty decent guy at that

Quote Originally Posted by Left_Coast_Mets View Post
    You're probably right but I don't get that. I've watched people I've known my whole life make strong decisions this whole year that had domino effects on others. It was the nature of the beast in 2020. Not telling you anything you don't know but I think some folks forget that these folks are regular people. Stroman seems like a pretty decent guy at that
    Yeah me neither. People probably assumed he did it to preserve his arm heading into his impending FA.

But in reality he was really thinking about the health of his family and himself. Nothing wrong with that.