Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 208 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://youtu.be/I7Fzpx_8Xm8

Go make some noise

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    While I'd like him in the rotation, the drama and stringing out the signing process is a problem for me. Like Realmuto, tell him to stuff it and sign the next best two options. Another friggin drama queen. Let him rot in Anaheim if he doesn't want to deal with the Mets in a timely fashion. Dark Knight redux. Eff him!
    Last edited by Il Mostro; 12-13-2020 at 02:12 AM.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

As much as I would like the Mets getting Bauer, if it means them needing to skimp on some other moves, then I am not sure it is worth it for a guy with an inconsistent track record and a style that could get old quick if he isn’t successful in NYC. I think I’d be just as happy if the Mets go get Springer, Hand/Hendricks, Odorizzi and Paxton/Walker (trade/cut Matz in camp).

Quote Originally Posted by Il Mostro View Post
    While I'd like him in the rotation, the drama and stringing out the signing process is a problem for me. Like Realmuto, tell him to stuff it and sign the next best two options. Another friggin drama queen. Let him rot in Anaheim if he doesn't want to deal with the Mets in a timely fashion. Dark Knight redux. Eff him!
    Nobody even said he was offered any contract from anyone yet. Unless you have other info?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Also, the fact that Bauer is a potential big target for the Angels makes me skeptical of him, given their history of terrible big contract decisions. If he is their #1 target, he will likely end up being a bad contract.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Also, the fact that Bauer is a potential big target for the Angels makes me skeptical of him, given their history of terrible big contract decisions. If he is their #1 target, he will likely end up being a bad contract.
    Very flawed logic

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I don't like the stories about him using pine tar last year, which coincidentally was his best year while he was gearing up for free agency. We have our ace, who is light years ahead of Bauer in consistency and personality. Let's being in a #2 or #3 who can give us another 2 to 3 WAR value. Then bring in another reliever who can give us a 1 WAR value or better. We will be set with pitching except for adding a depth piece or 2.

That would be my priority now. After which, go see if Springer really wants to sign with us or tell him thanks but no thanks and go and either bring back Marisnick or someone else to play CF at least on a part-time basis.

If they sign Springer, they need to trade Nimmo or Smith. There is no place for both of them.

Nimmo or Smith should be able to get us someone decent. I would not trade from our strength nor from our minor leagues which is starting to build up again. Rosario or Gimenez are expendable also especially if we can get a true third baseman or Lindor. Even with one of them traded, we still have Mauricio in the wings and he ought to be moved to third base now in my opinion. Word is he will be a monster, maybe too big for ss. And remember Baty is a third baseman. I am kind of leaning for Lindor if we can get him for Nimmo or Smith or Rosario or Gimenez. He will be a free agent at the end of 2021 so I wouldn't give up a lot for him.

throw Davis into the trade bait bucket also. Without the DH he won't get much playing time. So that gives us Nimmo, Dom Smith, Rosario, Gimenez, J.D. and either Nido or Ali Sanchez. Maybe both of Nido and Sanchez. Maxwell can come up and be the left handed hitting backup to McCann.

Why in blue blazes do you want to trade Nimmo and/or Smith?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I don't want to trade both or any of them really. But to improve this team, we might need to trade for the likes of Arenado or Lindor or others. We can only protect so many. If we bring Springer in Nimmo OR Smith are expendable or look at Smith OR Alonso. All three will not play regularly because you can only play 1 of them in LF an one of them at 1b on a "regular" basis. Same goes for Gimenez OR Rosario. If you aren't going to use one of them at 2b (presumably that is McNeil's spot now) or 3b (if you bring in let's say Arenado), then one of Rosario or Gimenez ought to be traded. Especially given that Mauricio might be ready in 2021, but certainly by 2022. Maybe by trading a few of those players I mentioned we can bring back Lindor OR Arenado OR a number 2 or 3 starting pitcher. That is all I'm saying.

You have to be willing to trade some players and some of these guys might be great hitters but not the best defenders at certain other spots. The old "square peg in a round hole". I don't want to see J.D. playing 3b or LF, I don't want to see Dom Smith play LF. Alonso will be the first baseman until 2022 when the DH comes back in the NL (if it does) - then he will be the DH on most days.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Very flawed logic
    It can’t be flawed logic, because it has nothing to do with logic. It’s just a feeling.
    Last edited by wiley6; 12-13-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Why in blue blazes do you want to trade Nimmo and/or Smith?
    Agree especially with the great possibility that the DH will be in the NL in 2022