Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 53 of 208 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 3118
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    Does Kluber have anything left?
    No


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #782
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    71,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They settled for McCann, Springer should be next, but we have no idea how much Cohen is willing to go over the CBT. And if he is willing to eclipse that barrier Bauer becomes the possibility.

    Personally, I think they are going to trade for Lindor and pick up a pitcher like Odrizzi.
    Are we not planning on extending any of our young guys anytime soon?

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kabul Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,827
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    I think its going to be a 3yr 40mil contract for McCann.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Ok 4 year 40mil

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    39,543
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    McCann was a Top 2 C option this offseason. No one else is close to Realmuto or McCann. It’s also not Sandy’s style to just sign huge contracts that will impact our flexibility (there will still be a budget).

    I’ll be happy with just Springer. He’s been consistently excellent unlike Bauer.
    Makes that Kelenic deal even harder to swallow because there's a pretty good chance he would have been their starting CF once that April extra year of control deadline would have passed. Either way, I like Springer. I don't know how long he will last in CF. 2, possibly 3 years.

    My thing is the need in the rotation is much deeper, especially when you don't have a timeline on Syndergaard and Matz or Gsellman is currently their 5th SP option. Obviously not going to sign both Bauer and Springer but they need to bolster the bullpen, not just sign a Paxton or Odorizzi if they pass on Bauer.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-12-2020 at 05:56 PM.

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Makes that Kelenic deal even harder to swallow because there's a pretty good chance he would have been their starting CF once that April extra year of control deadline would have passed. Either way, I like Springer. I don't know how long he will last in CF. 2, possibly 3 years.

    My thing is the need in the rotation is much deeper, especially when you don't have a timeline on Syndergaard and Matz or Gsellman is currently their 5th SP option. Obviously not going to sign both Bauer and Springer but they need to bolster the bullpen, not just sign a Paxton or Odorizzi if they pass on Bauer.

    I’m not sure why you are so sure we’re not getting both. I mean, I get it, we’re Mets fans and are used to not getting but this isn’t the same old Mets. I think its very possible we get both and then some

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    39,543
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I’m not sure why you are so sure we’re not getting both. I mean, I get it, we’re Mets fans and are used to not getting but this isn’t the same old Mets. I think its very possible we get both and then some
    They have to re-sign some of their own guys like Smith, McNeil, Conforto, Nimmo, Syndergaard, etc. Those guys FA days are coming sooner than later, not to mention all of those players have arbitration raises in the interim. I don't love it either because I think they need Bauer but they aren't working with an unlimited budget.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-12-2020 at 06:10 PM.

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kabul Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,827
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I’m not sure why you are so sure we’re not getting both. I mean, I get it, we’re Mets fans and are used to not getting but this isn’t the same old Mets. I think its very possible we get both and then some
    [emoji95]

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  8. #788
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They have to re-sign some of their own guys like Smith, McNeil, Conforto, Nimmo, Syndergaard, etc. Those guys FA days are coming sooner than later, not to mention all of those players have arbitration raises in the interim. I don't love it either because I think they need Bauer but they aren't working with an unlimited budget.

    Not sure I want “Thor” to be honest. Smith, McNeil and conforto are musts, as far as I’m concerned. So, I get your point. Time will tell, I guess

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,234
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Are we not planning on extending any of our young guys anytime soon?
    Outside of Conforto, who do you want to extend?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,234
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They have to re-sign some of their own guys like Smith, McNeil, Conforto, Nimmo, Syndergaard, etc. Those guys FA days are coming sooner than later, not to mention all of those players have arbitration raises in the interim. I don't love it either because I think they need Bauer but they aren't working with an unlimited budget.
    Smith and McNeil aren’t FAs until 2025. Is your plan we shouldn’t sign anyone because we need to make sure we have money to sign Smith& McNeil.

    Come on.

    Nimmo isn’t a FA until 2023.

    Noah shouldn’t cost that much.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,794
    I think some fans are getting a bit greedy., just because Cohen is our GM doesn’t mean he will spend On literally every top free agent. Even the Yanks havent done that. I mean McCann, Springer/Bauer, May, and another good bullpen arm would be a damn good offseason

  12. #792
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    39,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Smith and McNeil aren’t FAs until 2025. Is your plan we shouldn’t sign anyone because we need to make sure we have money to sign Smith& McNeil.

    Come on.

    Nimmo isn’t a FA until 2023.

    Noah shouldn’t cost that much.
    No they have to account for arbitration raises, who they want to lock up amongst those guys and having money for future offseasons in terms of FA. I dont think this team's objective is to go wildly over the luxury tax. It would be nice but there is a reason why Cohen brought in Alderson. It was to use his money wisely and methodically. Not to fill every hole with a premiere FA.

  13. #793
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kabul Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,827
    There isn't always the opportunity to fill holes through FA with premium talent in a depressed market for a team that has suffered (Wilpons era) who now has a multi billionaire owner whos a life long fan.
    They also are committed to building the farm back up, so using money vs trading players just makes sense this year.
    Signing Bauer and Springer will not put them over the cap. (I think).
    But it will make them better than meaningful games in September. IMO


    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  14. #794
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    39,543
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    There isn't always the opportunity to fill holes through FA with premium talent in a depressed market for a team that has suffered (Wilpons era) who now has a multi billionaire owner whos a life long fan.
    They also are committed to building the farm back up, so using money vs trading players just makes sense this year.
    Signing Bauer and Springer will not put them over the cap. (I think).
    But it will make them better than meaningful games in September. IMO


    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Springer and Bauer are going to make 25+ million a year each in all likelihood. Bauer might get 7 years as well. Cohen brought in Alderson because he wants a GM who will pick his spots to sign players. If they wanted a more aggressive person in that position, they could have kept Brodie and he would have probably signed Realmuto already and moved their sights to Bauer.

    Alderson isn't going to do that. I dont see Porter doing that either. They have to account for their own player expenses as well. It would be nice if they got Bauer and Springer on top of this but it was never a realistic possibility imo. Not unless Bauer's market just completely erodes which it wont.

    The Angels are going to pay him huge money and he is California guy born and raised.

  15. #795
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,285
    It's fine if we don't get both. Springer is a massive upgrade on both sides. It confuses why some on here wouldn't be ecstatic bringing him in. He's the exact type of player we've been complaining about that we are never in play for with the old ownership.

    Lets say we don't sign Bauer. We should still be able to sign Hendricks or Hand, plus a SP or two.

    If we have an offseason of Trevor May, George Springer, James McCann, Liam Hendricks or Brad Hand, and two of Odorizzi, Paxton, Walker, Kluber, Quintana.... Those types... That'd be a fantastic offseason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •