Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 208 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    I been saying for months now that Bauer is going to the Angels.

So right now the Mets should be thinking what two guys they can sign to fill the 2 holes they currently have in the rotation and yes what other elite reliever can they get to shorten games much like the Yanks have done the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I been saying for months now that Bauer is going to the Angels.

So right now the Mets should be thinking what two guys they can sign to fill the 2 holes they currently have in the rotation and yes what other elite reliever can they get to shorten games much like the Yanks have done the last few years.
    Its easy to see why Bauer would head back home but that to me is just a matter of no one really separating themselves from the Angels potential offer. If the reports are true and Alderson wants Bauer, its because he clearly sees an issue with this rotation. Yeah you can stack the pen but RP are extremely volatile. Its not as risky in terms of money but it can be as risky in terms of performance.

Springer seems to be the next piece. That's fine. They better do something about this rotation and add more depth to their bullpen. I wouldn't bank on Syndergaard being dominant right away and there isn't a large sample size with Peterson.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-12-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Now go get Springer. LFGM

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its easy to see why Bauer would head back home but that to me is just a matter of no one really separating themselves from the Angels potential offer. If the reports are true and Alderson wants Bauer, its because he clearly sees an issue with this rotation. Yeah you can stack the pen but RP are extremely volatile. Its not as risky in terms of money but it can be as risky in terms of performance.

Springer seems to be the next piece. That's fine. They better do something about this rotation and add more depth to their bullpen. I wouldn't bank on Syndergaard being dominant right away and there isn't a large sample size with Peterson.
    I agree but Odorizzi and Klubber?

Hoping Syndergaard will be back sometime in June.

Tanaka will go back to the Yanks imo.

Paxton on a 1 year deal?

I still love the idea of getting Walker.

Yeah Paxton and Walker are my favorite non-Bauer options.

Springer next, then Bauer.
    It will prove to Bauer they are serious about winning.
    Better defense up the middle and a stacked offense would be attractive to any pitcher and I'm pretty sure he'll get paid appropriately.
    Hope I'm right.
    Then there is still room for Hendricks.....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    Springer next, then Bauer.
    It will prove to Bauer they are serious about winning.
    Better defense up the middle and a stacked offense would be attractive to any pitcher and I'm pretty sure he'll get paid appropriately.
    Hope I'm right.
    Then there is still room for Hendricks.....

We’re not getting both.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    We’re not getting both.
    What's your reasoning?
    I happen to think all things aligned perfectly for the Mets and Cohen this year to fill those holes.
    I also think signing McCann put then in the driver's seat for FA signings.
    They still have cap room and holes to fill.
    After Springer and Bauer, its a pretty steep drop off.

CF and torp!
    We'll see.

Last edited by FloridaMetFan; 12-12-2020 at 04:14 PM.

What's your reasoning?
    I happen to think all things aligned perfectly for the Mets and Cohen this year to fill those holes.
    I also think signing McCann put then in the driver's seat for FA signings.
    They still have cap room and holes to fill.
    After Springer and Bauer, its a pretty steep drop off.

CF and torp!
    We'll see.

Because we’re not getting every Top FA in one offseason. We already got Stroman back.

Because we’re not getting every Top FA in one offseason. We already got Stroman back.
    Oh. I didn't see the Mets put that statement out.
    We went with McCann and not Realmuto so the next two wouldn't be every Top FA...
    Also, as Mets fans I think we deserve it this year, two quality pickups without having to deplete our farm.
    Utilizing the strength of the team (money) to jump start a dynasty, why not.

Springer seems like a lock for the Mets. Funny, MLB network is showing the Astros/Nats WS right now.

If Cohen can get Springer, He needs to do one of the following to win the hot stove league and put the Mets in the drivers seat.

1. Bite the bullet and sign Bauer
    2. Sign the next best SP option and Hendricks

Does Kluber have anything left?

Oh. I didn't see the Mets put that statement out.
    We went with McCann and not Realmuto so the next two wouldn't be every Top FA...
    Also, as Mets fans I think we deserve it this year, two quality pickups without having to deplete our farm.
    Utilizing the strength of the team (money) to jump start a dynasty, why not.

McCann was a Top 2 C option this offseason. No one else is close to Realmuto or McCann. It’s also not Sandy’s style to just sign huge contracts that will impact our flexibility (there will still be a budget).

I’ll be happy with just Springer. He’s been consistently excellent unlike Bauer.

They settled for McCann, Springer should be next, but we have no idea how much Cohen is willing to go over the CBT. And if he is willing to eclipse that barrier Bauer becomes the possibility.

Personally, I think they are going to trade for Lindor and pick up a pitcher like Odrizzi.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."