Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Another thing I just thought of is that might be willing to give Alex Krilloff a chance.
    Makes sense since, at least in the minors, he's the opposite of Rosario. OBP and Avg. machine with a bit of power. Sort of a Nimmo profile.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Wonder if we resign Justin Wilson? I'd bring him back as he was good the two years with us and you can never have too many arms

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I like those [emoji519]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    I like those [emoji519]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, F’n chills man. That would amazing

Because we got money? Or any other reason?

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Because we got money? Or any other reason?
    It has to be the money. I doubt Vasgersian has any inside knowledge.

Unpopular opinion: Mets should go after one, not two of these players. Sandy should know better than to give long term deals to aging stars.

Realmuto over Springer, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

We need to see how the pandemic changes this market but I'm curious if a lot of them only get 3-4 year deals instead of the 5-6+ they would've gotten in a normal offseason.

I agree with you about only one if it is 5-6+ year deal but for 3-4 years, lets get both

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Mets should go after one, not two of these players. Sandy should know better than to give long term deals to aging stars.

Realmuto over Springer, though.

I feel like if you get one of those guys, it has to be Springer. They can get McCann on a 2 or 3 year deal. Its going to be hard to find a CFer of Springer's caliber elsewhere. I get you'll deal with regression but that doesn't matter as much now given the Mets capacity for payroll.

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I feel like if you get one of those guys, it has to be Springer. They can get McCann on a 2 or 3 year deal. Its going to be hard to find a CFer of Springer's caliber elsewhere. I get you'll deal with regression but that doesn't matter as much now given the Mets capacity for payroll.
    Yeah they can get McCann but they can also go with a guy like Pillar or JBJ on the FA market for center.

I just don’t like the idea of an average center fielder long term at 31 years old. He’ll solve the CF issue for one year where as Realmuto is more of a long term answer.

I like the idea of getting a long term defense first CFer who’s currently in their 20s.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Yeah they can get McCann but they can also go with a guy like Pillar or JBJ on the FA market for center.

I just don’t like the idea of an average center fielder long term at 31 years old. He’ll solve the CF issue for one year where as Realmuto is more of a long term answer.

I like the idea of getting a long term defense first CFer who’s currently in their 20s.

For sure. Its just a matter of preference. I'm not a fan of Pillar or JBJ to be honest. Pillar is not the defender he once was and I'm not sold over his bat. JBJ had a really good 2020 but he's super inconsistent offensively.

I wouldn't mind if they got JBJ and Realmuto over Springer and McCann though.

Honestly I would make a push for DJ Lemahieu too and put him at 2nd or 3rd (highly unlikely i know). I really want the Mets to stack the deck offensively. We can't forget about SP though. This team won't make a playoff run without better quality/depth in their rotation.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-02-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Man, if we can somehow get both Realmuto and Springer on 3-4 year deals....yowza!

There is a year and a half age difference and JT has never proven himself in the playoffs and was banged up last year. Give me Springer and McCann all day, if we can't get both plus Springer is a CT guy playing near your home town helps.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    For sure. Its just a matter of preference. I'm not a fan of Pillar or JBJ to be honest. Pillar is not the defender he once was and I'm not sold over his bat. JBJ had a really good 2020 but he's super inconsistent offensively.

I wouldn't mind if they got JBJ and Realmuto over Springer and McCann though.

Honestly I would make a push for DJ Lemahieu too and put him at 2nd or 3rd (highly unlikely i know). I really want the Mets to stack the deck offensively. We can't forget about SP though. This team won't make a playoff run without better quality/depth in their rotation.
    I don’t like Pillar or JBJ either.

I’m still in the Bader/Mercado/Buxton camp. Always has been.