Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yup, games over.

Super pessimistic review of the game:

Defense still needs a ton of work. Saw some bright spots, but felt more like the offense just kept Russ off the field. Need a cover LB, need a NT, need more from the safeties, and more consistent help on the Dline.

I like the scheme but Gailey HAS to figure out the red zone. It looks like he wants to trust the run game to do more down there but this oline just cannot run with power when it needs to. AJ and Flowers have been good but aren't great in the run game. Same with Karras.

Another game with absolutely no big plays on offense. Parker still feeling the hamstring is a part of that, but either no one is getting open or Fitz just isn't seeing it. Someone has to step up or there will be massive changes in the offseason in that receiver room.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The only TD Fitz was able to score today against one of the worst defenses in football was on a QB keep.

I'm ready for Tua.

And the Refs end the day with a terrible spot on that 3rd down to finish the day off lmao.

There was a few bad calls against the Dolphins. Not sure why Flores didn't challenge Fitzpatrick throwing pass the line of scrimmage. It was obvious on TV.

Dick Stockton needs to retire.

Maybe it was the angle but on TV the ball didnt look like a 1st down.

Yeah had to be the TV angle because from it was clear not a 1st down from it.

Look we held a few good O team well there till the end and it could of been alot different if we had Jones in there instead of our 20 year old raw rookie.

I know I'm the most pessimistic guy on this forum, but I dont want to make it clear that this team isn't a terrible team. They've lost to 3 of the best teams in the NFL by less than 7 points each. The team is clearly better than last year.

But this is also clearly a rebuilding team. So to me this season has the same goal as last year. Identify positions that you need to upgrade, develop building blocks for the future and build a culture.

I have my issues with the scheme, but I think theres very obvious players that we need to upgrade from. NT, LB, FS, C, WR and you need more from the RBs, Edge and CBs.

They hung with one of the better teams in the league for most of the game, it was a good showing overall in the loss. I agree, the RZ plays have to change. Our run game is terrible, and yet we try to run it against stacked box defenses? come on man. I think if Byron Jones had been healthy, we would have seen a better showing on defense.

- Iggy is showing he is a rookie, getting beat consistently. That worries me now.
    - Jackson and Kindley were great again. Future stalwarts of this OL. Now hopefully Hunt can get some playing time somewhere to allow him to try and gel a bit.
    - I think Brandon Jones is going to be good on our team. The kid is super fast, just needs to learn how to read the plays better.
    - Raekwon Davis has to get stronger at the point of attack. But I think he will get better and better as the season moves on. He just needs additional snaps.
    - It has to finally be Tua Time! Fitz had the 1st Q of the season to prove he can lead this team to either a winning record or at minimum .500, and he hasn't. I don't think Tua plays at SF, but I can see him possibly playing vs. DEN

The team announced that Fitz will be the starter next week. The fact that they had to announce it means its getting closer to Tua time. I give it 2 or 3 more weeks unless the offense strings together a few good performances.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The team announced that Fitz will be the starter next week. The fact that they had to announce it means its getting closer to Tua time. I give it 2 or 3 more weeks unless the offense strings together a few good performances.
    I'm still looking at the first Jets as the latest he starts. I'm really hoping its the week before vs Arizona BUT I definitely would prefer he not start vs the Rams and Aaron Donald. Not because I don't have faith in Tua but I'm still unsure of the o-line play.

Either way we are setting pretty damn good for our future.

I'm good with Fitz starting @ SF. That is a tough defense for Tua to make his first start. I can see Fitz starting @ Den too the following week, and waiting until week 7 to start back at home. I just don't want to see the locker room lost since everybody loves Fitz on the team. but i'm guessing if we are 1-5 or 2-4, then the team may not mind seeing a change.

Plus, the team has to see what it has in Tua. because if they are in position to draft Lawrence (highly doubtful) or Fields (possible), then they better get a good feel for Tua before missing out on another potential franchise QB. I honestly can't wait to see Tua in action. I think he will excel in Gailey's system.

SF is super banged up on defense. They made a terrible offense in Philly look good. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the offense was able to put up points this week.

I dont see Fitz getting benched until he strings together multiple bad games. The team loves him too much to give up on him after one bad game. Just two weeks ago he set a franchise record in completion percentage. But its starting to be obvious that Fitz is leaving big plays on the field. For every big play he makes, he leaves another one out there. After last week where the offense felt very limited, I think the staff will start to be much more critical of his mistakes.

The only reason I didn't want to start Tua was because of his health and the oline. I think the oline is coming back down to earth, but its not a train wreck like the past few years. And I think the team is comfortable with Tua's hip. If this was a situation where they felt like giving him X amount of weeks on the bench would help, they wouldn't even risk having him as a backup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123