Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    If Gase is back next year....there may be pitchforks and torches brought to the first game.

And once again Gase takes absolutely no personal accountability. He never says "I have to be better and coach better".

Also, I get that Frank Gore probably isn't gonna fumble and is good in pass protection but damn he is cooked. Put one of the younger guys in that might have a chance a popping off a big play.
    I love Gore as a complimentary back. A guy you bring in to get 2-3 yards or late in a game when you are ahead and want to hammer the ball and eat clock
    But yeah, he's being way overused.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Clown has a hideous confession.
    I just re-watched the post game and, this is painful

I felt badly for Gase. He still took no accountability but it was the first sign of humility I have seen from him. He genuinely looked lost and defeated.
    He didn't look or talk defiantly.

The question, "What do you say to the fans who want you fired?" He looked stunned and freaked.

And if that isn't hideous and horrific enough, out of that pity for him came the tiniest desire to root for him.

His acting like a actual human being, has caused me to root for him, just a bit.
    I realized, that this team and he can't get worse. They are literally rock bottom. They could lose every game the rest of the year 46-3 and we would just laugh out of pain and rage because we would not be in the least bit shocked.

Seeing a fellow being at that low point, where we have sat, opened my heart.

I still think he's a crappy coach. I still would rather see another guy in there.

But if I can't root for a crappy coach who has clearly been failing, after rooting for a team that has consistently failed miserably my entire life? What kind of Jet fan am I?

Gase is ironically the perfect coach right now because of that. Like us as fans, he is a laughing stock. Like us as fans, he is a failure. Like us as fans, he is truly at rock bottom and Like us fans he is sitting down in the pit of hell and misery known as the jets, looking up with confused and tormented eyes.

(But in case we end up going 5-11, miss out on a top pick and the Jets extend his contract for 5 years out of old faith, save this and remind me how insane I went that one day in October)

Ignorance is bliss

Just like Carroll had to learn to be a better HC in college first, before excelling in the pros, Gase may want to consider a similar route.

Learn to modernize his offense, practice in-game adjustments and work on player communication.

If he just works on those, he'll see improvement and can go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    See that is where you and I are different. No one wants to go 4-12 or worse, but if we do go 4-12 and move say to the #3-#5 pick, I feel like the Jets are in more of a position to draft a player that fills a much bigger need than at #1. If you go back into the 3-5 range, you are now looking more at OT's like Penei Sewell, Alex Leatherwood, a pass rusher like Gregory Rousseau, or a top flight WR in the realm of JaMarr Chase.

I have nothing against Trevor Lawrence, but I feel like I could name 7-10 players that fill a more immediate need for the NY Jets than him right now.
    If you get the number 1 pick, you can trade it for multiple picks the next 2 or 3 years. Teams are going to be drooling for a guy like Lawrence. It gives the Jets options. Hopefully Darnold shows he can be the guy but its hard to see anything but mixed results when the roster and coaching are so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

I felt badly for Gase. He still took no accountability but it was the first sign of humility I have seen from him. He genuinely looked lost and defeated.
    He didn't look or talk defiantly.

The question, "What do you say to the fans who want you fired?" He looked stunned and freaked.

And if that isn't hideous and horrific enough, out of that pity for him came the tiniest desire to root for him.

His acting like a actual human being, has caused me to root for him, just a bit.
    I realized, that this team and he can't get worse. They are literally rock bottom. They could lose every game the rest of the year 46-3 and we would just laugh out of pain and rage because we would not be in the least bit shocked.

Seeing a fellow being at that low point, where we have sat, opened my heart.

I still think he's a crappy coach. I still would rather see another guy in there.

But if I can't root for a crappy coach who has clearly been failing, after rooting for a team that has consistently failed miserably my entire life? What kind of Jet fan am I?

Gase is ironically the perfect coach right now because of that. Like us as fans, he is a laughing stock. Like us as fans, he is a failure. Like us as fans, he is truly at rock bottom and Like us fans he is sitting down in the pit of hell and misery known as the jets, looking up with confused and tormented eyes.

(But in case we end up going 5-11, miss out on a top pick and the Jets extend his contract for 5 years out of old faith, save this and remind me how insane I went that one day in October)
    Mann fuxx that empathy ****. Get this guy outta here asap. He's the David fizdale of the Jets

I respectfully disagree.
    This team will win 3-5 games and lose out on a top 3 pick.

Sadly, I think Gase will be her next year.
    I think at best weíre 1-8 through the first 9 games...Gase will likely be gone by then

3 wins is possibly the best weíre going to get, I think thatís a top 3 pick which gives us TL, Chase, or Sewell...yes, Iím crazy enough to draft Sewell and put together quite possibly the greatest LT/RT combo ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I think at best weíre 1-8 through the first 9 games...Gase will likely be gone by then

3 wins is possibly the best weíre going to get, I think thatís a top 3 pick which gives us TL, Chase, or Sewell...yes, Iím crazy enough to draft Sewell and put together quite possibly the greatest LT/RT combo ever seen
    I can't even see 3 wins. If the Broncos don't have so many turnovers last night, that game isn't close either. This team is non competitive. Their defense looks bad, their offense looks lifeless and their head coach is terrible. This is Rich Kotite levels of bad. It wouldn't surprise me if this team went 1-15.

I felt badly for Gase. )
    I stopped reading after this

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I can't even see 3 wins. If the Broncos don't have so many turnovers last night, that game isn't close either. This team is non competitive. Their defense looks bad, their offense looks lifeless and their head coach is terrible. This is Rich Kotite levels of bad. It wouldn't surprise me if this team went 1-15.
    1-15 is certainly possible, 3 would be surprising

1 problem for wanting TL is the Giants suck and you gotta believe he is on their radar too.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If you get the number 1 pick, you can trade it for multiple picks the next 2 or 3 years. Teams are going to be drooling for a guy like Lawrence. It gives the Jets options. Hopefully Darnold shows he can be the guy but its hard to see anything but mixed results when the roster and coaching are so bad.
    Darnold sucks. I hope we don't pass on Lawrence and Fields. Trade Darnold and draft one of those two QBs and try again.

I donít think Darnold is the problem, I think we should build around him. If it turns out heís not good enough the rest of the team is built and we plug in a new QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

The question isnít whether you think Sam is the problem... itís whether you think TL (or JF) can/will be better QBs in the league. I happen to think both have more potential to succeed, irrespective of Samís own talents, abilities and limitations, and so I would absolutely take one of them if available when we pick.

Also, Iíll be saying this a lot... DRAFT KYLE PITTS AND KADARIUS TONEY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Also, Iíll be saying this a lot... DRAFT KYLE PITTS AND KADARIUS TONEY!!!!!
    I doubt Pitts will be available by the time we get to the 2nd pick, unless Seattle somehow flops.
    I do like him though.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast