Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I doubt Pitts will be available by the time we get to the 2nd pick, unless Seattle somehow flops.
    I do like him though.
    Heís going top-15 at this rate... possibly top-10 if his blocking continues to improve like it has

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Darnold sucks. I hope we don't pass on Lawrence and Fields. Trade Darnold and draft one of those two QBs and try again.
    I dont think Darnold sucks. I dont know if he's a franchise QB either. He makes bad decisions but again its hard to put the onus solely on him when this organization is so devoid of talent on the offensive side of the ball. It doesn't help that the head coach doesn't know how to run an offense either.

Darnold is an easy target but what have the Jets done to help him? Leveon Bell? Our genius head coach didn't even want him and has no idea how to use him effectively.

If the Jets think they can succeed with drafting TL or JF, fine, but they better do a more comprehensive job of building an offense around one of those guys otherwise we will be having this conversation again 3 years from now. Fire Gase first then figure out the rest but Gase has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    If the Jets think they can succeed with drafting TL or JF, fine, but they better do a more comprehensive job of building an offense around one of those guys otherwise we will be having this conversation again 3 years from now. Fire Gase first then figure out the rest but Gase has to go.
    Spot on.

Maybe Darnold is a FQB, maybe he isn't, but the Jets as an organization haven't done enough talent-wise to truly find out.
    If they wish to move on fine, but this team needs skill position talent desperately and a proper HC that gets football.
    A change must be made beginning with Gase.

If we do end up with the 1st pick:
    Trade it for a bunch of picks, Iím happy
    Draft TL, Iím happy.

Go wild in FA and bring in some talent and let TL sit behind Sam for a year. If Sam has a good year with a supporting cast, he should be pretty valuable

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    If we do end up with the 1st pick:
    Trade it for a bunch of picks, Iím happy
    Draft TL, Iím happy.

Go wild in FA and bring in some talent and let TL sit behind Sam for a year. If Sam has a good year with a supporting cast, he should be pretty valuable
    If they draft TL, Sam will be traded that off-season.
    Extremely doubtful, they'd keep both.

If they draft TL or JF, then trade Sam for an additional 2nd and you'd have at least 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Spot on.

Maybe Darnold is a FQB, maybe he isn't, but the Jets as an organization haven't done enough talent-wise to truly find out.
    If they wish to move on fine, but this team needs skill position talent desperately and a proper HC that gets football.
    A change must be made beginning with Gase.
    All you need to look at is the Browns for example. Since drafting Mayfield, they traded for OBJ, signed Austin Hooper, signed Hunt, drafted Chubb, signed Jack Conklin, and drafted Jedrick Wills. Not to mention fired 2 inept head coaches in Jackson and Kitchens to bring in a very good offensive mind in Stefanski. They are giving Mayfield every chance to succeed and make changes accordingly.

Compare that to what the Jets have done for Darnold.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-04-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Scheme matters in the NFL as well. I'm tired of hearing that the Jets would be this bad offensively with someone else at HC. I don't buy that for a second. I'm aware the talent isn't good but this is a Gase thing as well. He doesn't make in game adjustments, he concedes on certain downs/game scores, his play calling is awful, etc.

His signature moment was riding Peyton's coat tails in Denver. Meanwhile Peyton could call an offense in his sleep.

I am totally fine with them keeping him the rest of the year though. Just means more losses and a better chance at the #1 pick.

Justin Herbert looks like a ****ing stud wow

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Justin Herbert looks like a ****ing stud wow
    Yeah he's definitely got it. He's had a throw every week he'd like to have back but he certainly pushes the ball down the field and plays with confidence. I think we've done the same thing with Darnold that we did with Sanchez, just ruined his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Yeah he's definitely got it. He's had a throw every week he'd like to have back but he certainly pushes the ball down the field and plays with confidence. I think we've done the same thing with Darnold that we did with Sanchez, just ruined his confidence.
    Sanchez never had "it", even though he had the talent around him.

Sam has never had the talent around him to really tell one way or the other.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If they draft TL, Sam will be traded that off-season.
    Extremely doubtful, they'd keep both.

If they draft TL or JF, then trade Sam for an additional 2nd and you'd have at least 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.
    I actually was pondering that. If they did end up signing TL, they could keep Sam another year and start him. If he played well, his value goes up and TL gets a year to sit and watch.
    Trade sam with a year left on his deal. (I believe he's signed till 2022)

I highly doubt the jets get the number 1 pick. When everyone returns, they are capable of winning 3-5 games and in this crazy season, who knows? A team could get injured or sick and the Jets could end up 6-10 again.

I think the Cardinals, Chargers, Rams and 2 vs the Dolphins and 2 vs the Pats, are all winnable games.
    So, I think there are 7 games the Jets in which the Jets have a punchers chance. I don't think they win 7 but I can see 3-5

I think even 3 takes them out of the TL sweepstakes.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Scheme matters in the NFL as well. I'm tired of hearing that the Jets would be this bad offensively with someone else at HC. I don't buy that for a second. I'm aware the talent isn't good but this is a Gase thing as well. He doesn't make in game adjustments, he concedes on certain downs/game scores, his play calling is awful, etc.

His signature moment was riding Peyton's coat tails in Denver. Meanwhile Peyton could call an offense in his sleep.

I am totally fine with them keeping him the rest of the year though. Just means more losses and a better chance at the #1 pick.
    That's basically it in a nutshell. Gase believes his is the best way and the players need to adjust to him.
    This is why he's a scary coach. He uses that to get rid of players who disagree with him. He uses that as an excuse.
    Guys not getting it done? Sure, that's on the players but I fully believe a coach is also responsible for that.
    "We have to be better"

Bowles, Rex, Herm, Mangina, all stood up and said it was on them and they needed to coach better. They took the heat. Gase does not take heat or make adjustments. or change his perspective.

Bellichick is like that. But clearly, Gase is not him.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I actually was pondering that. If they did end up signing TL, they could keep Sam another year and start him. If he played well, his value goes up and TL gets a year to sit and watch.

I highly doubt the jets get the number 1 pick. When everyone returns, they are capable of winning 3-5 games and in this crazy season, who knows? A team could get injured or sick and the Jets could end up 6-10 again.

I think the Cardinals, Chargers, Rams and 2 vs the Dolphins and 2 vs the Pats, are all winnable games.
    So, I think there are 7 games the Jets in which the Jets have a punchers chance. I don't think they win 7 but I can see 3-5

I need some of your optimism. This team is baaaaad

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Your optimism reminds me of opening day this year. That morning, I was watching a pre-game show with my 11 year old son. One analyst was talking about how much he really hated the Jets roster and how they would be contending for the number 1 pick. I saw the look of dejection on my sons face. I told him, not to worry. Plenty of teams don't necessary look that talented on paper, but have great seasons. I even referenced the movie MoneyBall we watched recently about the A's. Oh well, four weeks later and here we are. This team really does stink! I can't see them winning more than 2 games this season. Maybe I should have had him watch the Titanic instead.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast