Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    SNY

INSTANT REACTION
    JOE DEMAYO: Being able to land Kumar Rocker with the 10th pick cannot be described as anything but a steal. Coming into the spring he was considered the consensus No. 1 pick, but had some velocity inconsistencies throughout the spring that impacted his draft status a bit. I did not expect him to fall all the way to No. 10, but the same could be said in 2014 when I did not expect Michael Conforto to fall to No. 10, either.

When Rocker is right, he is 94-96 on the fastball, up to 98 mph. He has arguably the best slider in the draft class and a plus curveball as well. His change-up is a pitch that still needs some development, but at 6-foot-5, 245 pounds, Rocker has all the makings of a frontline big-league starter with the body to hold up for 200-plus innings a year.

JACOB RESNICK: Thanks to some surprise picks in the Top 10, borne out of the all-important signing bonus considerations, the Mets ended up with the player who was considered the front-runner to be the No. 1 selection heading into the college season. Kumar Rockerís slide over the past five months has been well-documented, but at the end of the day the organization is adding one of the best arms in this class.

If everything breaks right, Rocker could feature three comfortably above-average pitches in his repertoire. But after velocity concerns marred his draft stock, it will be an intriguing test for the Metsí self-touted improved pitching development program to ensure that he reaches his potential.

The Mets snapped a three-year trend of taking high school bats in the first round to return to their previous habit of selecting a college pitcher. Before Rocker, the Mets took David Peterson (2017), Anthony Kay, and Justin Dunn (both in 2016). All three reached the majors within three years of getting picked, but none had this kind of upside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...390831617?s=21

Honestly our drafting the past 3 years has been easily one of the best in the league and many people have said that. Yes some luck goes into it especially with Allan and Rocker but this is how you build long term success along with having Steve Cohen around to spend money smartly but aggressively when needed

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    ****, letís send him to the big league club right now, we could use bullpen help.

He will get rocked. Even the best college pitchers are nowhere near mlb level

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

. Agreed. Some fans need to calm down 😂. Itís good to be excited you should be but you canít just thrust him into the big leagues

Gunnar Hoglund who was a guy I would of taken just went to the Jays and take him away from the Yanks who were rumored to love him.

This is the opposite of lolmets

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

Sarcasm font should have been used

Their has been some guys that went straight from college to the majors and some that made it pretty fast, but with his college workload the Mets will likely have him pitch like 10 innings at most this year at St. Lucie.

I had hoped Brady House would drop to us and he did, but I would have never expected Rocker to drop to us! Amazing!

Colson Montgomery goes to the White Sox at 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I had hoped Brady House would drop to us and he did, but I would have never expected Rocker to drop to us! Amazing!
    Brady House, Khalil Watson or Kumar Rocker once all three were there I would of loved any of them. Sucks that the other two went to the Nats and Marlins though.

I was not liking the other guys that the Mets were rumored to get because IMO they would have been a bit of a reach, but those three were top 10 talents or even top 5 talents.

Yeah I was hoping any of the top 8 would drop to us, but 3 of them?! I was just happy we didnít reach. An incredible pick!

2021 Mets Draft - 10th

Finally Joe Mack gets drafted.

But Watson and Mack to the Marlins sucks man.

Ok second pick, Anthony Solometo, Will Taylor, Bubba Chandler, Jud Fabian, Izaac Pacheco, and Joshua Baez still available! Letís Go!
    Last edited by Gideon; 07-11-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast