Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He has TORP potential with a floor of a #3.
    Absolute steal.
    ****, letís send him to the big league club right now, we could use bullpen help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

1m
    Mets first rounder Kumar Rocker this year for Vanderbilt:

122 IP, 75 H, 37 ER, 39 BB, 179 K

2.73 ERA, 0.93 WHIP

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Dude talking bout we may see him in Mets uniform before the year is over.

Yeah he will be there just for an introduction but not to pitch at all.

could we see him in the majors by 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    Wouldnít be surprised to see him late next year tbh

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

JJ Cooper
    @jjcoop36

10m
    I went back to update the stats through the end of the season. Rocker threw 828 breaking balls. Opponents hit .081/.100/.108 against his breaking balls with 18 hits (12 singles, 6 2Bs).

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

That's an incredible end to a crappy baseball day

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Dude talking bout we may see him in Mets uniform before the year is over.

Yeah he will be there just for an introduction but not to pitch at all.

. Yeah Iíve heard some people say that lol. People need to dial it back a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    I think their is a possibility because he is pretty polished.

If he dominates next year you may see him late in 2022, but Iíll say more like 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    JJ Cooper
    @jjcoop36

10m
    I went back to update the stats through the end of the season. Rocker threw 828 breaking balls. Opponents hit .081/.100/.108 against his breaking balls with 18 hits (12 singles, 6 2Bs).
    Like I said, his slider is deGrom-esque.

Itís ****ing filthy!!!!!

I dont understand why Rocker dropped to us. I am guessing signability concerns because otherwise how is he available to us at 10?

Any predictions on what we do in Round 2? Obviously what we do is now built in Rocker because he definetly will be signing over slot value but I hope we also follow the same pattern from the previous 2 years which was using our first 3 picks on first round talent or at least guys who fell further than expected

Kumar Rocker

Bats: R

Class: 4YR JR

Height: 6' 5"

Pick Value: $4.74m

Throws: R

DOB: 11/22/99

Weight: 245

Rocker ranked No. 23 on MLB Pipeline's Draft Top 200 as a Georgia high schooler in 2018, but his strong commitment to Vanderbilt dropped him all the way to the Rockies in the 38th round. An immediate weekend starter for the Commodores, he capped an up-and-down freshman season with a spectacular finish, tossing a 19-strikeout no-hitter against Duke in the NCAA Super Regionals and earning two victories and Most Outstanding Player honors at the College World Series. He entered the year as the top-rated and most famous prospect in the 2021 Draft, and he mostly lived up to expectations while helping Vandy return to the CWS finals and leading NCAA Division I in wins (14) and strikeouts (179 in 122 innings, tying teammate Jack Leiter). The son of former NFL defensive lineman Tracy Rocker, Kumar is a physical right-hander who can overpower hitters with his fastball and breaking pitches. He usually operates at 93-96 mph with his heater, which can reach 99 and features some run and sink but also can get flat at times, though his velocity sat in the low 90s for three weeks early in the season. He notched all 19 of his whiffs in his no-hitter with his slider, a mid-80s beast with power and depth that grades as plus-plus, and he also has a low-80s curveball with more vertical break. Rocker hasn't used his changeup much, and while his fourth offering has average potential and some sink, it gets too firm at times. He throws strikes but has just average command, and he'll need more finesse for days when he doesn't have his top-notch stuff. The Golden Spikes Award finalist has the makings of a frontline starter but isn't a finished product, and scouts would like to see him dominate more consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Any predictions on what we do in Round 2? Obviously what we do is now built in Rocker because he definetly will be signing over slot value but I hope we also follow the same pattern from the previous 2 years which was using our first 3 picks on first round talent or at least guys who fell further than expected
    You might be able to pick one guy that can go slightly over slot and then draft seniors.

Man great pick for the Marlins at 16th.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast