Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Funny thing is the one homer Sandy hit in a trade deadline deal was because of a physical that Gomez failed.

People talk about Flores in that deal, but letís not forget that Wheeler was also included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I said that at the time. Sandy got very, very lucky. He tried trading for the wrong guy, at the wrong price, and got bailed out by a physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Mets ****ed over Rocker, now the baseball gods are going to punish this team and make sure they donít make the playoffs.

Karmaís a *****

I completely agree that we are an embarrassment here, the Mets FO.

But it sounds like him and his agent ****ed over themselves.

Itís a bad look for everyone involved.

I really wish we had some idea about the kids Medicals other than that vague statement that boras put out before the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I completely agree that we are an embarrassment here, the Mets FO.

But it sounds like him and his agent ****ed over themselves.

Itís a bad look for everyone involved.

I really wish we had some idea about the kids Medicals other than that vague statement that boras put out before the draft.

You're almost obligated to sign the guy unless the injury is career threatening because your whole draft strategy went around taking him. That said, something must have alarmed the Mets enough because its not like they are unaware of the ramifications it had this year in not signing him and they still said no thanks. We'll find out as Kumar's career goes on.

The biggest knock on Sandy has always been how conservative he is and how many square pegs in round holes the Mets have had during his 2 different tenures. The defensive shifting has helped mitigate the latter but its still a thing. I doubt Sandy will pull the trigger on deals he needs to when the time comes either. These younger GMs are far more aggressive than he is, especially the bigger market ones. They don't do "just enough" or tap the throttle. Their foot is full to the floor on the accelator.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-04-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Sandy was adverse to drafting guys with injuries like Giolito when he available and they too the immortal Gavin Checcini.

I think their was something there but nothing crazy, just the possibly that he may suffer TJ in the near future.

Also having their best pitching prospect hurt the possibility of having both hurt may then weary.

If your entire draft strategy is based on this one guy, and you donít have access to his medical information - and other teams are passing on him over health concerns - and thereís actually a chance you may not attempt to sign him - then you know, donít draft him.

Idiots. Fire Sandy.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    If your entire draft strategy is based on this one guy, and you donít have access to his medical information - and other teams are passing on him over health concerns - and thereís actually a chance you may not attempt to sign him - then you know, donít draft him.

Idiots. Fire Sandy.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

Idiots. Fire Sandy.
    Especially if only that one out of hundreds do not submit MRI's. Just upon hearing that I figured he was hiding something he knew

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930