Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    honestly ive kinda taken a complete turn on this

if they totally bailed then then the mri must have been awful

it never made sense that they lowered the offer and had bad medicals

I'm going to try hard to reserve judgment until Cohen goes through two free agency periods, and two trade deadlines. Free agency this passed offseason was fine by me. Disappointed with the trade deadline. Would have rather done nothing or acquired a lesser option for a lesser prospect.

Let's just see what happens with Kumar. Hopefully (and sucks for him) it's a major issue and the Mets made the right choice. Just hopefully next time they draft a first round talent later with signability concerns in case this happens again, they can up the offer to the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    honestly ive kinda taken a complete turn on this

if they totally bailed then then the mri must have been awful

it never made sense that they lowered the offer and had bad medicals
    I agree with this. However, we have a history of not linking velocity drops to injury and only making things worse by letting players continue to throw.

In this case, we also chose to ignore it. The fact that Cohen and the FO has to recognize is thet Rocker's drop in velocity at the beginning of the year, which he never fully regained, was a major red flag that, with his refusal to participate in the MRI program, convinced every team before us to pass.

At some point someone in our draft room had to point out: hey, he never truly regained his velocity and he won't share medicals with us...are we prepared to do this even with the chance that he's hurt?

Not a disaster, but our draft braintrusts certainly don't look great with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I'm going to try hard to reserve judgment until Cohen goes through two free agency periods, and two trade deadlines. Free agency this passed offseason was fine by me. Disappointed with the trade deadline. Would have rather done nothing or acquired a lesser option for a lesser prospect.

Let's just see what happens with Kumar. Hopefully (and sucks for him) it's a major issue and the Mets made the right choice. Just hopefully next time they draft a first round talent later with signability concerns in case this happens again, they can up the offer to the other guy.
    First off season 3 top free agents available all for a need for the Mets. CF, C and P.
    Mets go 0-3 and decide to take the second hand guys.

Hire a GM who is fired within months because he was sexually harassing a reporter in his previous job.

First trade deadline, their is a clearance by two teams Mets clearly need third base and outfield help, but they go and get another SS. Yet they pay more as far as prospects go to land said SS than other teams did getting similar rentals because they asked the Cubs to pay for their salaries. They also have a need at pitching and go get a bum they sent to AAA and an old *** pitcher. No relief help and they have to again put up ****** relievers like Banda and whoever the **** that was today, meanwhile other teams got relievers for nothing much. They also wanted the Twins to pay more for two guys that would be sent here.

First Draft, they get a top 5 guy land on their laps because obviously their are some concerns with his velocity. They revolve the whole draft around this one guy and draft guys that are easily signed or go for under slot and end up not signing him because they want a discount after viewing his medicals. They failed to sign him.

Tell me how should I feel confident in the current FO because Cohen clearly has given them the reigns to do as they see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martino new tweet is fascinating

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Anderson should be fired tomorrow. Take your people with you.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Nah, they trying to save face because they are being killed for it.

I donít expect anything else.

I don't know. Boras stated it was independent medical report in 2018 so I wonder if Mets asked for it and they refused to provide it.

Wouldn't returning to Vandy be better for his draft position than going to independent league? My guess is they're hiding something and they know Vandy with strict college rules wouldn't let him get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    First off season 3 top free agents available all for a need for the Mets. CF, C and P.
    Mets go 0-3 and decide to take the second hand guys.

Hire a GM who is fired within months because he was sexually harassing a reporter in his previous job.

First trade deadline, their is a clearance by two teams Mets clearly need third base and outfield help, but they go and get another SS. Yet they pay more as far as prospects go to land said SS than other teams did getting similar rentals because they asked the Cubs to pay for their salaries. They also have a need at pitching and go get a bum they sent to AAA and an old *** pitcher. No relief help and they have to again put up ****** relievers like Banda and whoever the **** that was today, meanwhile other teams got relievers for nothing much. They also wanted the Twins to pay more for two guys that would be sent here.

First Draft, they get a top 5 guy land on their laps because obviously their are some concerns with his velocity. They revolve the whole draft around this one guy and draft guys that are easily signed or go for under slot and end up not signing him because they want a discount after viewing his medicals. They failed to sign him.

Tell me how should I feel confident in the current FO because Cohen clearly has given them the reigns to do as they see fit.

Realmuto didn't wanna play here. Bauer didn't wanna play here. We could have made a stronger offer for Springer, yes... But he did get a big deal. They did spend huge on Lindor, just so happens its not looking good right now.

Rocker's arm better be held on with duct tape for them to pass. Hopefully it comes out soon what the real issue is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Omg the article just got posted on sny. Mets are ****ed up...

https://sny.tv/articles/sources-mets...art-over-money

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast