Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 442
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,519
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    So thatís the guy you wanted eh? Any good YouTube clips you recommend?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Going into the season he was considered the number one pick. Yes the fact that he has fallen to 10 tells you how his stock has fallen when even a team like the Angels passed on him, a team that is desperate for pitching now!!!

    He can be a bust, but at 10 the Mets had to take him because his upside of a TORP is great to have even if he does not become that and is just a solid middle of the rotation guy that eats innings Iíll love it.

    Always used to scream about taking the best player available that fell and to me that was Rocker, though the other two SS are would of been very good pick ups.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,581
    He had a 19K no Hitter


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,519
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Rocker certainly unexpectedly fell further than expected
    He suffered a bit from being over exposed and it seems the more scouts saw of him the more they saw his flaws.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,519

    2021 Mets Draft - 10th

    That slider is deGrom-esque.

    The fastball is a lot more hittable, but that slider is wipe out!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,581

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,581
    Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan

    8m
    Kumar Rocker falling to the Mets with the 10th pick is a coup ó and theyíll pay for it. While the top 10 has been full of guys signing for under slot, Rocker is expected to sign and likely to get paid like a top 5 pick. Mets are happy to get a player with his pedigree, ceiling.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,519
    Crazy how you see all these kids with houses full of people and Rocker just had his mom and dad and I love that.!!!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He suffered a bit from being over exposed and it seems the more scouts saw of him the more they saw his flaws.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    . Yeah I heard dips in velocity this year caused concern. Itís still a good pick with potential to be a steal but itís something to keep an eye on that he went from a top 2 pick to nearly sliding out of the top 10

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan

    8m
    Kumar Rocker falling to the Mets with the 10th pick is a coup ó and theyíll pay for it. While the top 10 has been full of guys signing for under slot, Rocker is expected to sign and likely to get paid like a top 5 pick. Mets are happy to get a player with his pedigree, ceiling.
    I am ok with that!!!

    Start looking at college seniors for the rest of the top 10 picks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,519
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    . Yeah I heard dips in velocity this year caused concern. Itís still a good pick with potential to be a steal but itís something to keep an eye on that he went from a top 2 pick to nearly sliding out of the top 10
    For sure but again whenís top 5 guy falls to you for whatever reason, you pick him and if he does not pan out, then thatís just life, but you have to take a chance on a top 5 talent.

    Also donít dismiss the fact that some of these teams pass on him because of concern for how much he will make and drafted a cheaper guy like the Royals did.

    Also other guys just had much better springs and their stock sky rocketed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,581
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    . Yeah I heard dips in velocity this year caused concern. Itís still a good pick with potential to be a steal but itís something to keep an eye on that he went from a top 2 pick to nearly sliding out of the top 10
    He has TORP potential with a floor of a #3.
    Absolute steal.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,581
    Rocker and Alvarez made this day a pretty good day after all.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    For sure but again whenís top 5 guy falls to you for whatever reason, you pick him and if he does not pan out, then thatís just life, but you have to take a chance on a top 5 talent.

    Also donít dismiss the fact that some of these teams pass on him because of concern for how much he will make and drafted a cheaper guy like the Royals did.

    Also other guys just had much better springs and their stock sky rocketed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    . I agree the Mets made the right decision. You can never have enough pitching especially after Allan went down which will obviously delay what would have probably been a quick rise in the system. Now we have Rocker and now JT Ginn hopefully moving quickly. Ginn should be in Brooklyn soon

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,519
    Dude talking bout we may see him in Mets uniform before the year is over.

    Yeah he will be there just for an introduction but not to pitch at all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,519
    Would love to see him in Brooklyn, but likely only plays in St. Lucie.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •