Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    same old mets
    Anytime the Mets need to deal with that *******, Borass, this is what happens. That is why I've always said Conforto will only be here until he reaches free agency. Borass hates the Mets. Now, it doesn't seem to matter with Conforto, since his 2021 season performance can be repeated by just about anyone who is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Anytime the Mets need to deal with that *******, Borass, this is what happens. That is why I've always said Conforto will only be here until he reaches free agency. Borass hates the Mets. Now, it doesn't seem to matter with Conforto, since his 2021 season performance can be repeated by just about anyone who is out there.
    Boras hated the Wilpons, he has sang a totally different tune about them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a fool would not sign if heís truly dealing with an injury that could easily derail a couple of years for him and rob him of his prime value years as a draft pick.

Boras is a ******* but he canít be this stupid.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    This doesn't have much to do with Boras at all. Our first round pick is injured. The Mets, the player and his agent have to decide what they're willing to do or not do moving forward. For the Mets it is a value/risk equation; for Rocker it's about how he wants to deal with his injury, and if he thinks he can do better next year.
    Last edited by The Futurist; 07-29-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Is there any new info on the Rocker situation? I havenít seen or heard anything.

Like the Trade front... the Mets are doing the bare minimum. Don't have high hopes for this either

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Like the Trade front... the Mets are doing the bare minimum. Don't have high hopes for this either
    I think if there were no issue with injury he would have been signed.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    I think if there were no issue with injury he would have been signed.
    Agreed. Although I guess my question/concern is... how bad is the injury risk that you are scared to give him the 6M bonus for a minimum of 6 years of control. Heck we gave Dellin Betances like 20 million (I know different regime). The only question here would be, can you get a better guy at #11 next year if you don't sign him and give up the pick.

And in that case, I just don't see how you would. Yes injury is scary but his talent is way better than a #10 pick talent. And you are expecting better than that next year?

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Agreed. Although I guess my question/concern is... how bad is the injury risk that you are scared to give him the 6M bonus for a minimum of 6 years of control. Heck we gave Dellin Betances like 20 million (I know different regime). The only question here would be, can you get a better guy at #11 next year if you don't sign him and give up the pick.

And in that case, I just don't see how you would. Yes injury is scary but his talent is way better than a #10 pick talent. And you are expecting better than that next year?
    So they get the 11th pick next year and then also hopefully the 30th if they win the WS (we can all have hope!)? That might not be bad at all then.

I just don't like the idea of signing a guy who has elbow (or whatever it is) issues already. We already have lost Allan's development this year and likely a good chunk of next year, even if he does come back at all. And look at all the other guys we signed who needed surgery before getting to the bigs.

Rocker can't go off and sign and play somewhere else this year, but he could opt to go back to college for his senior year. I seriously doubt that his school, his doctors and his agent would let him pitch next year with a known injury.

They have until 5pm Sunday to sign or move on. Not sure what would be bad enough for them to bail Seems petty to renegotiate...

From Mlb.com:
    Kumar Rocker, RHP, Vanderbilt (Mets, 1st round, No. 10 overall)
    MLB Pipeline's top-rated prospect entering the season, Rocker topped NCAA Division I with 14 wins and tied Vanderbilt teammate Jack Leiter for the strikeout lead with 179. He reached a $6 million agreement with the Mets, pending a physical, but that exam has created concerns about the health of his elbow. The club can choose to still pay Rocker $6 million, try to renegotiate the deal or opt not to sign him and receive the 11th overall pick in the 2022 Draft. The assigned pick value for the No. 10 slot is $4,739,900.

This is really gonna go to the last minute isn't it. Seems both sides aren't budging. Wonder if Mets are only offering his slot now to save Cohen like 2M (possibly more with luxury tax)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Total Disaster!

What a ****ing embarrassment.

Your whole draft is based on that one guy and then you donít sign him?

If they donít, then great job by Sandy co and it just adds to the **** show this trade deadline was for them.

This is an Alderson move. He is so stuck up on he values is fair

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast