Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yup hence even with the injury you have to sign him. Again all you are doing is saving Cohen money and nothing else by doing anything else.

If itís elbow problems and he needs TJ, then sign him and have him deal with it in the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unless it isn't TJ surgery he needs and something that has a much lower rate of returning

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Unless it isn't TJ surgery he needs and something that has a much lower rate of returning
    If is an elbow issue as reported, then TJ is the worst possible scenario.

Now if it was a shoulder issue, thenÖ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If is an elbow issue as reported, then TJ is the worst possible scenario.

Now if it was a shoulder issue, thenÖ..

Not saying it is, but if itís Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, moving on makes the most sense

Comes down to:

Do they think next year's #11 pick will have more value (a more promising future) than a former presumed #1 who dropped and is dealing with Injury X.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Comes down to:

Do they think next year's #11 pick will have more value (a more promising future) than a former presumed #1 who dropped and is dealing with Injury X.
    They have until Sunday.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I just read that Boras is his agent. You know Boras is going to do anything to get him that money regardless if we never see Rocker in the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    I just read that Boras is his agent. You know Boras is going to do anything to get him that money regardless if we never see Rocker in the minors.
    That's his job. But from what I've read Boras has historically been forthcoming regarding injuries and picks. Rocker, like many in the draft, did not do the voluntary MRI program. This came up with the Mets, who are under no obligation to sign him unless they think his situation and future is worth more than next year's #11.

The fact that even injured he performed so well, and that he had much more velocity prior to this season (and therefore the possibility to regain it) would make me lean toward signing him. Unless, as others have pointed out, it's an injury that has a much lower chance of successful recovery than your basic TJ, etc.
    Last edited by The Futurist; 07-28-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    If he goes back to school he may drop lower in the draft, netting him less money and no longer has leverage.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    If he goes back to school he may drop lower in the draft, netting him less money and no longer has leverage.
    Agree. Plus, if he has to have a procedure he'd likely miss the season, and have no way to prove himself beyond maybe a showcase. If he chooses not to have a procedure, there's a cloud over his future. Neither side has a ton of leverage, or wanted this situation. Both sides are trying to game out scenarios and figure a solution.

How career-threatening or commonplace is the injury?
    What's the rehab?
    How special can he be?

My feeling and what I have read is that he will sign.
    We will see.

Should be black and white. Not really about money - doubt they're looking to knock down the bonus -- but about the value between Rocker now and 2022 #11.

The grey area could be something like a partial UCL, like Lugo, Tanaka, etc., where the player might opt to play around it vs. going under the knife. Even if that's it, it still comes down to him vs. next year's pick.

I hope you're right, Clay.

Yeah if Rocker doesnít sign, this looks bad.

This is why itís not always smart to put all your eggs in one basket. You can save a bit on your 1st round guy and sign some harder signs later on and throughout the draft.

same old mets

If we don't sign Rocker or his issues are worse than is being led on, Iím going to be all the more pissed that we didnít take Brady House which is who I wanted to draft in the first place.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast