Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    A Cohen calling players investments is ****ing awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    A Cohen calling players investments is ****ing awful.

He said that because everyone is ripping the Mets for being cheap. Cohen is clearly stating it has nothing to do with the money involved

Doesn’t matter really, this draft is a complete disaster

Draft turns out awful because they didn't have a backup plan. Should have taken another first round talent they could have given that money to.

I'm already over not signing Rocker. May have had good reason. But a wasted draft most likely now.

Cohen’s a piece of shit…I’ve been trying to tell y’all this for 8+ months.

Never liked the ********.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    He said that because everyone is ripping the Mets for being cheap. Cohen is clearly stating it has nothing to do with the money involved

Doesn’t matter really, this draft is a complete disaster
    Yeah I don't see how he's dehumanizing anyone. He's responding to a particular criticism.

Not saying he's right, or even that he made the decision here, but to start in with the disingenuous BS? C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Draft turns out awful because they didn't have a backup plan. Should have taken another first round talent they could have given that money to.

I'm already over not signing Rocker. May have had good reason. But a wasted draft most likely now.
    . Exactly. No backup plan and now the draft class is basically useless. As much as I hated Brodie I really loved his draft approach. Draft 3 first talents and save money with the other picks. They must now have a monster draft next year to compensate for wasting an entire draft class this year
    Last edited by JCrusher; 08-02-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    . Exactly. No backup plan and now the draft class is basically useless. As much as I hated Brodie I really loved his draft approach. Draft 3 first talents and save money with the other picks. They must now have a monster draft next year to compensate for wasting an entire draft class this year
    Then they have to get rid of Anderson and his philosophy of how to draft. He will not go for high end talent in multiple spots.

Between the disaster GM fiasco since he took over again, the atrocious roster management and trade deadline approach, and now this draft disaster there is absolutely no reason to let this man continue to run the organization.

Cohen needs to fix this.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Tanous and Turmata are calling the shots and who they select.
    They have the 11th pick next year, hopefully it's a better draft year because this was a top heavy draft.

This looks like to me to be another Brady Aiken-RA Dickey situation where there medicals were pretty messed up. RA became a knuckleball pitcher and Brady Aiken is out of baseball.

I'm just glad the Mets took the high road and chose not to divulge what was wrong with him.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

This FObis a ****ing joke and I seen enough from hiring sexual harassers, to not singing big players, to being cheap in trades and costing them a better prospect to not signing the guy they centered a whole draft under to not having a ****ing backup plan.

It’s a ****ing joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Tanous and Turmata are calling the shots and who they select.
    They have the 11th pick next year, hopefully it's a better draft year because this was a top heavy draft.

This looks like to me to be another Brady Aiken-RA Dickey situation where there medicals were pretty messed up. RA became a knuckleball pitcher and Brady Aiken is out of baseball.

I'm just glad the Mets took the high road and chose not to divulge what was wrong with him.
    Tramuta and Tanous and their teams do the "scouting". Once the reports are in, the top of the front office set the draft strategy with the scouting director and have final say as to who gets drafted. Alderson is not a very good baseball man except in the "Moneyball" days when he was working with money-strapped Oakland. The biggest mistake Cohen made was to hire Alderson, the second biggest mistake is keeping him in the job. Replace Alderson now. He looked bad last week on 2 fronts - his inability to read the medical reports on his top draft choice or walk away from him if he and his well-known agent didn't provide them, and Alderson's slow and sleepy approach to trades and free agent signings.

The only thing that looks good is that the Mets don't have Bauer and that was the only big one Alderson was going for. He never really went after Springer or Realmuto.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Tramuta and Tanous and their teams do the "scouting". Once the reports are in, the top of the front office set the draft strategy with the scouting director and have final say as to who gets drafted. Alderson is not a very good baseball man except in the "Moneyball" days when he was working with money-strapped Oakland. The biggest mistake Cohen made was to hire Alderson, the second biggest mistake is keeping him in the job. Replace Alderson now. He looked bad last week on 2 fronts - his inability to read the medical reports on his top draft choice or walk away from him if he and his well-known agent didn't provide them, and Alderson's slow and sleepy approach to trades and free agent signings.

The only thing that looks good is that the Mets don't have Bauer and that was the only big one Alderson was going for. He never really went after Springer or Realmuto.
    I mean they dodged a huge bullet there and Alderson was ready to give this dude insane money.

Their are so many examples of Alderson and co. doing a ****** job.

Funny thing is the GM and specially the man in charge of baseball operations have a big say in who gets drafted. The other guys may be in charge of scouting and having an overall approach but in the end they have to pass word on who they plan to draft and get the ok from those at the top of the pyramid.

Bring back Omar if he is interested. At least the Mets weren't slow and sleepy and most of his deals were good. His only problem was working for the Wilpons who were constantly reining him in.

Alderson's previous tenure as GM was much more interesting and successful when he brought Omar back as an assistant.

Alderson wasn't in the draft room this year, Scott was off the side. Again, It doesn't work that way. Scouting director, Player Personnel and Director of Amateur Scouting make the choice of the picks. They consult with area scouts also. Now the philosophy of the draft is discussed with the FO, but the choices are the scouts and not the GM. There isn't enough time.

Kumar never had medicals prior to draft day.

My belief is that Kumar should be a Free Agent and allowed to sign with whom ever he wants to now..

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Bring back Omar if he is interested. At least the Mets weren't slow and sleepy and most of his deals were good. His only problem was working for the Wilpons who were constantly reining him in.

Alderson's previous tenure as GM was much more interesting and successful when he brought Omar back as an assistant.
    Omar was trash.

Too old school for today’s game.

Bring in people who won’t be like him or go crazy like BVW.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast