Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    I have a hard time believing this kidís arm is so bad they didnít want to sign him at all. I mean, maybe the Mets felt that way, but I genuinely canít believe theyíre right about it.

So, thinking from a business perspective, Rocker is a teenage kid that was the 10th pick. Seems like he was asking for an absurd amount maybe. There's gotta be a limit. You can just give them everything they want. He wasn't a Harper or Strasburg can't miss talent. Sounds like the offer was quite good. I can understand not giving in to everything a player wants thinking they can take advantage of the richest owner in sports.

Let's just see. Maybe we'll draft him at 11 next year. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    So, thinking from a business perspective, Rocker is a teenage kid that was the 10th pick. Seems like he was asking for an absurd amount maybe. There's gotta be a limit. You can just give them everything they want. He wasn't a Harper or Strasburg can't miss talent. Sounds like the offer was quite good. I can understand not giving in to everything a player wants thinking they can take advantage of the richest owner in sports.

Let's just see. Maybe we'll draft him at 11 next year. LOL
    They would need permission from Rocker to draft him again and thatís not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few thoughts here.

Because Roccker and Boras did not take part in showing medical reports before the draft the Mets did not have to offer him 40% of the slot to be able to get next years 11th pick. So the Mets lucked out there.

Now question one is, if you knew going in that he did not shared his medical info, then why draft him and make him the whole focal point in your draft considering the concern for his velocity and possibly being injured? Maybe that why the Angels were like sorry nope and so on.

So now you see get to see the physical after you drafted him and saw something you did not like, so they said **** it and decide is better for them to get another pick next year. In the process you look ****ing stupid because now your whole draft looks like ****.

I get it that sometimes a physical will show something that will scare the **** out of a team like what happened to Dickey and most recently Brady Aiken whose UCL looked like it would be a problem and sure enough he blows his arm on the first start his next year and he has never been the same after TJ.

For Rocker he will take the Luke Hochevar approach and sit out and go into the draft again next year without going back to school. Hochevar got drafted number one overall the next year.

But no matter how the Mets spin it this is an embarrassment. They essentially punted a whole draft class because of Rocker.

There is no way around this than saving money because essentially they did it to save the entire slot money

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Lol so much for representation.

Iím so ****ing mad. This team isnt even fun to watch. Hard to believe the richest owner in baseball has made the team unlovable and unwatchable

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Clearly whatever they saw wasnít worth next years 11th pick.

I hate that we wonít find out what that is right now.

Nonetheless, wasted draft class. Embarrassing for the Mets.

Who would've guessed the Wilpons run this team better than Cohen

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

They are so incompetent. Other teams were passing on Rocker due to injury concerns. The Mets not only took him but based their whole draft strategy on drafting and signing him. And then a physical convinced them to throw all that away?

If this version of the story is actually true, and they simply decided to walk away for him after a physical - basically negating the value of the entire draft - they are more incompetent than imaginable.

You seriously couldnít game this out Sandy? I thought you were supposed to be halfway intelligent.

Sandy and his entire team should be fired on the spot for this. Thereís no version of this story that would make me want to let these clowns have another day of power.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    They are so incompetent. Other teams were passing on Rocker due to injury concerns. The Mets not only took him but based their whole draft strategy on drafting and signing him. And then a physical convinced them to throw all that away?

If this version of the story is actually true, and they simply decided to walk away for him after a physical - basically negating the value of the entire draft - they are more incompetent than imaginable.

You seriously couldnít game this out Sandy? I thought you were supposed to be halfway intelligent.

Sandy and his entire team should be fired on the spot for this. Thereís no version of this story that would make me want to let these clowns have another day of power.

Sadly Sandy has games Cohen and told him that wasting a whole draft and having another pick next year is more valuable than signing Rocker with his injury concerns.

I mean you can make this **** up, but I already stated how Sandy has royally ****ed up this year, but he has the keys to the Ferrari so itís his way and thatís it.

https://twitter.com/jeffpaternostro/...929717252?s=21

2014 HOU drafts Brady Aiken. Doesn't sign him. Next year drafts Alex Bregman as the replacement pick.

I know I know. Aiken was 1 and Bregman ended up being 2. But hey, we could get lucky too.

Except itíll be Sandy at the helm again unless Steve Cohen gets his head out of his *** in a hurry.

Brodie was awful in so many ways. Sandy is awful in so many other unique ways.

Why canít we just have a competent GM?

Don't worry. He's got this.

Like I said welcome back to drafting guys that are a reach or just right where they should be drafting.

Also welcome back to drafting guys like Plawecki over Gallo because you know the latter would cost more.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast