Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    This FO is ****ing awful!

From a shorty deadline in which they gave up a better prospect so the Cubs could eat the players traded salary to this ****.
    A ****ing embarrassing weekend and to get beat 2/3 makes it worse.

**** this FO and we canít blame the Wilpons for being cheap anymore. Sandy is just as ****ing bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would they pinch pennies on this guy? What the **** does a million dollars matter in a game played with ****ing Monopoly money?

It does not but it shows how ****** Sandy is and why when he was here I was a firm believer that he and the Wilpons being cheap went hand in hand.

He is a ****ing dinosaur and he should retire and let somebody more adept with todayís game take over.

Worst mistake Cohen did was give him the keys to the Ferrari.

https://twitter.com/dcassilo/status/...308708870?s=21

This tweet says it all.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...901574656?s=21

Very embarrassing. Thank god we didnt trade Ginn like some wanted to do. We built a lot of our draft on signing Rocker just for us to fail at that. Look if there are possible health concerns but this is something they needed to think about before they basically punted the rest of the draft. Brodie was a god awful GM but one think he was good at was his draft strategy. We also lost Pete Crow Armstrong just to save money in the Baez trade so yeah not a good week for sure 😂
    Last edited by JCrusher; 08-01-2021 at 05:50 PM.

This draft looks horrible now.

Funny how this was supposed to be a new era of Mets going all out for talent, but once again they show they are cheap bastards. It starts with the guy in charge of baseball operations.

Compare this failure to the last 2 drafts when the Mets ended up with 4 first round talents. Oooof

Itís easily the worst draft in the league now. Even with Rocker it wasnít that great because he was basically our whole draft even with some concerns fans were pretty happy. This puts even more pressure on them next year since they will have two first round picks and possibly a compensation pick if one of our UFA is gone. They need to hit a home run next year

2021 Mets Draft - 10th - Draft Kumar Rocker RHP

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Itís easily the worst draft in the league now. Even with Rocker it wasnít that great because he was basically our whole draft even with some concerns fans were pretty happy. This puts even more pressure on them next year since they will have two first round picks and possibly a compensation pick if one of our UFA is gone. They need to hit a home run next year
    Next year Sandy and co. can go back to drafting guys that did not fall to them and just focus on guys in that proper slot or reach for a guy they might be able to get in the second round.

Looking forward to that.

Last edited by Sick Of It All; 08-01-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Looking forward to drafting guys like Plawecki and passing up on guys like Gallo.

The problem is even the kids we draft and are excited about they trade within a year 😂. We have a few exciting prospects and the top which is great but overall this system needs much more depth. There is no excuse next year with the amount of picks they will have

https://twitter.com/jt_teran/status/...111906817?s=21

This is another great point.

The FO had zero foresight here in case they did not sign Rocker which makes them look even more incompetent.

They have absolutely no excuse. They wasted a draft class pure and simple. The new draft rules help teams where they donít lose their first round picks anymore after FA and the Mets still screwed it up. This was a major botch

The entire FO has to go. This draft was an embarrassment, just like the roster management, and the weird deadline ****. Time to move on. Cohen is a new owner, he can still learn. But bringing Alderson back was a huge mistake.

My biggest issue is that they wasted a whole draft class. Look itís one thing is there is a medical issue but thatís something that needed to be investigated before centering your whole draft on signing one player. As awful as Brodie was his approach was to get at least 3 first round talents. We canít afford to throw away a draft class after all the prospects we have traded the last few years

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast