Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Solometo to the Pirates

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The Rocker draft reminds me when the Mets drafted Conforto.
    Both the 10th pick, both polished college players, Conforto was up in a year, let's see if Kumar follows suit.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayer22
    ·
    8s
    The Mets start Day 2 of the draft by taking RHP Calvin Ziegler with the No.46 pick.

Baseball America@BaseballAmerica
    ·
    45s
    New #Mets pick Calvin Ziegler ranked No. 272 on our board.

But BA subscribers shouldn't be surprised to see his name.

He's one of 11 sleepers we had circled today Down-pointing triangle

MetsMinors.Net@Mets_Minors
    ·
    3m
    With the 46th pick of the 2021 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft, the New York Mets select Calvin Ziegler. A 6’0”, 18-year-old RHP from St. Mary's Catholic High School. (Slot: $1.62 Million)

HS with a live arm but not highly ranked by BA. Interesting move because he will likely not sign underslot

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I’m fine with going with a live arm like his. Although he wasn’t highly ranked many have called him a sleeper. He is also Canadian so I wonder if that dropped his stock a bit

Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

From MLB front office member on Mets second rounder Calvin Ziegler:

"Ziegler is a great pick. Rides his FB well, and the slider has a really interesting break profile. Changeup has a ways to go still, but it's two pretty good pitches from a high school guy."

The Pirates are having a helluva draft so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Rocker draft reminds me when the Mets drafted Conforto.
    Both the 10th pick, both polished college players, Conforto was up in a year, let's see if Kumar follows suit.
    BVW called up the Mets today with ideas on who to trade Rocker for.

The only reason I liked Bubba Chandler is that he has an old fashion mullet with the blonde hair and dark roots.

I can never be mad at drafting a high upside arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3-81: P-Dominic Hamel, Senior, Dallas Baptist (TX)

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast