Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    ETA of 2023 would be my guess.
    He'll start at the instructional league this year, and move onto Brooklyn next.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Here are some names to watch as we head into Day 2 of the MLB Draft...

1. OF Will Taylor – Dutch Fork HS (South Carolina)
    Clemson commit to play slot receiver in football and baseball. Also a two-time state wrestling champion wrestler in high school.

2. RHP/SS Bubba Chandler – North Oconee HS (Georgia)
    Committed to Clemson as a quarterback, but in baseball is a two-way player.

3. RHP Jaden Hill – LSU
    First-round talent who had to undergo Tommy John surgery in the spring. Will take an over slot bonus to sign.

4. OF Jud Fabian – Florida
    Possible top 15 pick coming into the spring, but had major contact issues. He turned it around in the back end of the season, but that did not get him into Day 1.

5. OF James Wood – IMG Academy (Florida)
    Exciting power bat who struggled this spring. If he does not go early Day 2, he might fulfill his commitment to Mississippi State.

6. LHP Matt Mikulski – Fordham
    Huge arm up to 98 mph with a slider that flashes plus. Development of his change-up will determine if he can be a No. 3 or No. 4 starter, or a reliever.

7. LHP Anthony Solometo – Bishop Eustace Prep HS (New Jersey)
    Delivery very similar to Madison Bumgarner. Above average pitches across the board, headed by a fastball that tops at 94 mph. Committed to North Carolina.

8. SS Peyton Stovall – Haughton HS (Louisiana)
    Just a pure hitter. Consistently barrels balls up, and shows power. Likely to end up as a second baseman long term.

9. C Adrian Del Castillo – Miami
    Del Castillo entered the season as a possible top 5 pick, but he struggled this spring with a .775 OPS. If you can fix the swing, there is some thump in that bat. Questions if he will stick behind the plate too.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/9-players-m...115716780.html

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I still want Jud Fabian if we go the college route. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went with another Vanderbilt player in OF Isaiah Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Nothing like him, he is more like Noah.
    Reminds me of a younger Stro, should I say. Just mostly with the confidence and swagger.

They kind of look alike and have big *** dads too, so maybe that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

MetsMinors.Net
    @Mets_Minors
    ·
    1h
    Top 10 players available per Baseball America for Day 2 of the Draft that starts at 1 pm ET:

RHP/SS Bubba Chandler
    OF Will Taylor
    RHP Jaden Hill
    OF Adrian Del Castillo
    OF Ethan Wilson
    OF Jud Fabian
    LHP Anthony Solometo
    OF Joshua Baez
    OF Lonnie White Jr
    SS Peyton Stovall

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I still want Jud Fabian if we go the college route. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went with another Vanderbilt player in OF Isaiah Thomas.
    Solometo is someone I would like, he does have a strong commit to NC but that would be a total revamp of our farm arms.

Don’t think they will go high school and possibly lose out on signing them.

Get the kid from Fordham.

Wonder if they go underslot here to save money for Rocker or they blow it up, get a first round talent here, and then go college seniors throughout.

I like option one more as then you can add quantity of decent options to build farm. But option two may be better for MLB team in long run

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yeah, get the kid from Fordham because that has the making of a great start to a joke.

Did you hear the one about the Indian and the Polack...
    Last edited by Claymation; 07-12-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    He kind of reminds me of Stro, with the makeup.

Kumar is a foot taller and about 100 pounds heavier than Stro, but yes the tenacity is there. Kumar is also a hard thrower, so again a different sort of pitcher from Stro. It would be nice to see both of them and Taijuan Walker on the Mets in a couple of years. Throw Allan at the top of the rotation and Ginn somewhere in the middle that would be quite a staff.

Of course, I am looking into the future, when hopefully deGrom is still with us too. Maybe even Syndergaard. Perhaps the 2023 season. Now we need to revamp that bullpen. Diaz can't do it - he is one piece but we need at least one and maybe 2 more pieces late in the game that we don't have now.

I have a craving for a sack of White Castle right now.

Solometo is the 17th ranked prospect according to MLB pipeline.
    Flex your dollar muscle Steve.

Dollar muscle means nothing when there's a hard cap. Unless he gonna flex his skills in negotiating to get a steal

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Wonder if they go underslot here to save money for Rocker or they blow it up, get a first round talent here, and then go college seniors throughout.

I like option one more as then you can add quantity of decent options to build farm. But option two may be better for MLB team in long run

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    . Although I agree depth is important I like our strategy from the previous two years which is to pick 2-3 first round talents then draft seniors or under slot guys

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast