Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

2021 Mets Draft - 10th - Draft Kumar Rocker RHP

Feels like we should have been higher than 10th

Thatís because we did not get to see the other 9 team that were ********.

Itís official that the Mets will draft 10th.

10. New York Mets: Andrew Painter, RHP, Calvary Christian (Fla.) HS

Painter currently is the top prep arm in the 2021 MLB draft class. He has a notable 6-6, 210-pound frame, repeats his low-effort delivery well, and fills up the strike zone. He has a solid four-pitch mix. He has a fastball that sits in the mid-90s and shows a solid feel for his changeup, curveball, and slider.

Painter is exactly what scouts look for in a prep right-hander. He doesnít rely on an overpowering fastball, has consistent off-speed pitches, and above-average control for a high school pitcher. He is a Florida commit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    10. New York Mets: Andrew Painter, RHP, Calvary Christian (Fla.) HS

Painter currently is the top prep arm in the 2021 MLB draft class. He has a notable 6-6, 210-pound frame, repeats his low-effort delivery well, and fills up the strike zone. He has a solid four-pitch mix. He has a fastball that sits in the mid-90s and shows a solid feel for his changeup, curveball, and slider.

Painter is exactly what scouts look for in a prep right-hander. He doesnít rely on an overpowering fastball, has consistent off-speed pitches, and above-average control for a high school pitcher. He is a Florida commit.
    Sounds like a nice prospect
    When is the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Sounds like a nice prospect
    When is the draft?
    June

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

ESPN Kiley McDaniels has the Mets taking Matt McLain.

Last week, ESPNís Kiley McDaniel released his first mock, and the Mets landed UCLA standout shortstop Matt McLain.

Even if youíre not an avid consumer of collegiate baseball, the name might already sound familiar to you, as McLain was drafted 25th overall by the Diamondbacks in 2018 but did not sign in lieu of his commitment to UCLA.

The first thing that jumps out at you about McLain, 21, is that at first blush, nothing terribly jumps out at you. And yet, Iím going to make the case that he brings sufficient skills to the table to be worth the 10th overall pick in this yearís draft.

While his 5′ 11″ and 180 lb frame doesnít portend big raw power, McLain should not be confused with a slap and dash hitter. Before a broken thumb likely just ended his season earlier this month, McLain was slugging at a .578 clip through 40 games, including nine long balls. This performance track record is now an extension of his brief breakout sophomore campaign (.621 slugging % in the COVID shortened 13 game campaign), and lends credence to a projection for McLain to hit for average big league power.

As the rest of the package comes into focus, and you can see why McLainís floor might be quite high among all draftees, his ceiling should not be dismissed.

The first thing McLain has going for him is a sure fit in the middle of the defensive spectrum. He has played plenty of shortstop as an amateur, and also played center field his freshman season at UCLA. While some question whether McLain has enough arm strength to make all of the shortstop throws at the next level, he has excellent hands, actions and range to play a plus second base.

Now, one could argue that McLainís strongest raw tool is his legs. Equipped with above average to plus speed, a projection for plus base running helps to add some shine to an extremely well-rounded skillset.

Ok, so that leads me to the most important point to be seen here: Matt McLain can hit.

In an era where the MLB batting average (BA) is hovering in the .230ís, and hitters are being continually challenged with unprecedented velocity up in the strike zone, I posit that nothing is more crucial in a draft prospect than projecting their future ability to handle velocity at the letters.

McLain, armed with modest levers, the ability to pull his hands in and hit pitches on the inner half, and a long track record of established bat to ball ability, would appear to check this vitally important box.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

TY Madden is someone I would love to get at 10, two seamer at 93-95 and 4 seamer at 99 mph, with his best pitch being his slider. Good control.

From MLB.com
    Scouting Grades/Report (20-80 grading scale)
    FASTBALL
    CURVEBALL
    SLIDER
    CHANGEUP
    CONTROL
    OVERALL

I think the team ends up drafting a pitcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

They have been scouting college pitchers.

The guy I would love is Ryan Cusik from Wake Forest though he has been inconsistent, but he has the best fastball and a hammer curve.

Ty Madden is also a solid pick and may be a safer choice, but he may be more of a mid rotation while Cusik may be a TORP.

The third guy is Gunnar Huglund who has a very good 3 pitch mix, but he needs TJ and I donít know if the Mets will draft another kid that needs that after their top two guys are already recovering from it or will have it done soon.

If the Mets are looking at a bat, Colton Cowser is someone I would look at. He draws comparison to Nimmo. Would prefer an arm instead.

Anthony Solometo, is an interesting prospect for the 2nd round. Lefthander throws 90-94, good control also has a slider, 18 year old, so needs to fill out that could add speed to his fastball.

Is McLain related to the late Denny?

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast