Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You people are wrapped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wrapped or Warped????

There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Destroys neighborhoods. Haha oh man, you been getting info from Breitbart these days?
    "These days"?

This guy has been barfing out the least interesting Brietbartian talking points for a long time now.
    HELLO

Did you see them cheering Mr. President?

Your answer is not relevant to the question I posted Zmaaster.

You people are wrapped

[emoji320]

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I actually go the other way. I think two people should be able to sit in a room and have a heated discussion on issues without the need of a moderator with a two minute window or whatever high school debate team format they decide on. The issues facing the country are more important that two minute blurbs.
    OK. That's fine for you.

However the object of the debates is to see what the candidates think on the same subject with the overall goal to garner votes A lot of people just do not like what we saw last night.

Last night was like a lot of 2 a.m. bar discussions on who was better Mantle or Mays. All we needed was a few "oh yeahs?" thrown in.

And it was Mays. (That is a set up for someone to say "oh yeah?".

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I've asked this before and never really received an answer.

What is a "peaceful protestor?"

Breaking windows…is this peaceful?
    Looting…is this peaceful?
    Setting fires…is this peaceful?
    Throw anything at anybody…is this peaceful?
    Spray painting other people's property…is this peaceful?
    Stopping traffic…is this peaceful?
    Blocking highways…is this peaceful?
    Screaming obscenities outside people's homes…is this peaceful?

If you think any of this is peaceful…would it be acceptable if they did it to you??? Broke your store windows, stole you business's property, threw something at you, spray painted your property, prevented your movement, screamed outside of your home. Is this OK with you.

And the big question (stay with me here) after how many days does a protest stop being a protest. Don't you thnk that after a few nights of all this "peacefulness" that community leaders have gotten the message??? If you break windows, throw stuff and start fires on Tuesday is it still necessary to break windows, throw stuff and start fires on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ……………?

And also don't forget that even though numerous people are at the protests and do nothing (therefore making then seem "peaceful") they all seem to be cheering on those that are destructive. So are the bystanders really peaceful.

See, saying you're "peaceful" but cheering on those that are not…seems warped to me.
    How many days did it take for Trump to address it? He only put this election promise forward a couple days ago and that seems to be his first attempt at addressing the problems they’re protesting. How much change would have happened if civil rights protesters in the 50’s and 60’s said “hey, we protested for the last couple days. I think we’ve made our point let’s go home, I’m sure they’ll get right on this”?

Protests tend to linger until there is some kind of acknowledgement and action taken to correct what is being protested. Has that really happened yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Your answer is not relevant to the question I posted Zmaaster.
    Your question is stupid. No one thinks looting = peaceful protesting. You also seem to think all protestors are for/cheeering on looters. I don't. In fact, that is almost as stupid as thinking that people think looting = peaceful protesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Trump seemed unprepared. He winged it with his typical schtick and other than a few good shots, he just seemed flat and ineffective. He finished stronger than he started, but certainly not a good performance.

Biden just came off as a douchebag most of the night. Literally all he had to do tonight was keep his composure and he completely failed. He struggled several times to form coherent sentences.

Both of them were equally bad.
    Biden is the one that came off as a douche bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Trump’s answer about the Proud Boys was good enough. That segment was much more about Biden’s refusal to denounce Antifa, who as much as the left wants to avoid admitting it are an organization. And let’s be real here, Antifa are 1000x a bigger problem than a right wing militia and all of their what, 50 members?

The personal attacks... meh, whatever. They both hurled some.
    Wow. You are hilariously warped.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Just like all of the people who said they were leaving in 2016. Save it pal!

No President directly affects your day in day out during their term.
    Yeah, Trump's coronavirus response totally didn't affect our day to day lives.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    You have to admit Wallace was Sidin with Biden.
    a) no

b) Wallace works for FOX News

c) way to play victim

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It's pretty pathetic that he couldn't even condemn white supremacists. Just tells them to stand down and then he calls out imaginary ANTIFA.
    "Stand down....and stand by" is what he said, more importantly.

Mailmen selling ballots!

That had me crackin' up fosho.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    If anything, it’s made me more willing to vote for Biden.

Same.

The last thing I'll say about this atrocity of a debate is this:

I'd imagine it really ****ing sucks being a person of color concerned about the state of this country and having to watch 3 crotchety old white men yell at each other about some nonsense when the question of "race" is brought up (poorly, mind you...because Chris Wallace sucks) and then it IMMEDIATELY seeing that topic of race devolving into an argument over "law and order".

The argument turned into "law and order" because that's the extent to which Trump and his base are mostly concerned. "Vote for me because I'll keep you white people safe! LAW AND ORDER! PROTECT THE BURBS!"

It's Nixonian.

It wasn't Biden's fault that it turned into a shouting match over "law and order" but besides "I want to train police better" he didn't really provide much. What's to be inspired by?

And, unrelated, but hopefully my last grievance! As the only non-diabetic in my family I would've slapped Trump in the ****ing face if he EVER said "insulin is so cheap it's like water". **** him. Nothing highlights the insanity that is healthcare in this country than the fact that insulin costs a ****ing fortune for people to get in this country despite literally being cheaper than water in most every other "first world" country. I know this is unrelated but seriously, **** off. And the fact that Joe couldn't even fact check him about that blew my mind. What good are you? Everyone and their parents know insulin costs in this country are astronomical.

Beating Republicans on health care should be so easy.
    Last edited by ManRam; 09-30-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: needed to clarify i was talking about "race"
    HELLO

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast