Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Proud baby, stand back and stand by!

Man you’re warped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are you disagreeing with???

This is what the other poster said:

I love hearing about all the "white supremacy" hysteria while the hard left occupies and destroys neighborhoods for 100+ days or whatever, I've lost count at this point. I'll give them credit because it has died down...

Your respinse to that is mystifying. What, in your mind, is warped by that statement????

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Trump clearly lost the debate by acting boorish and overbearing. He also constantly appeared to be speaking to the moderator while JoeB spoke to the camera (the people). Overall bad performance by the prez.

He certainly did not gain any votes and probably lost quite a few who were on the fence.

Every time I see debates devolve into what we saw last night I always wonder why they don't make them speak from isolation booths. We can still see them, still zoom in on all the facial expressions, still allow them to hear their opponent's responses etc. but they can be turned off after their two minutes. Give them an allotted time and then cut them off. Seems simple.
    I actually go the other way. I think two people should be able to sit in a room and have a heated discussion on issues without the need of a moderator with a two minute window or whatever high school debate team format they decide on. The issues facing the country are more important that two minute blurbs.

That was an interesting watch. Biden certainly wasn’t impressive which isn’t surprising and Trump was an over the top ridiculous child.

When asked about condemning the white nationalists and militias and asking them to stand down from adding to the violence I believe I heard a “somebody has to do something” out of Trump. Can anyone confirm that?

What kind of message do you think that sends those groups when you combine it with him saying most everything is the radical left?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So you didn’t change your mind...
    What’re you talking about? I’ve been vehemently against the establishment candidates like Clinton and Biden since the start. I voted third party in 2016 and even said I was probably gonna do the same this election?

Sadly, some people are too far up Trump’s *** to realize that unlike a good portion of the right, the left is capable of having different opinions...

Biden is still absolute garbage but Trump’s display last night was absolutely childish. If anything, Biden showed more capability and restraint than I expected in a debate against Trump.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

What are you disagreeing with???

This is what the other poster said:

I love hearing about all the "white supremacy" hysteria while the hard left occupies and destroys neighborhoods for 100+ days or whatever, I've lost count at this point. I'll give them credit because it has died down...

Your respinse to that is mystifying. What, in your mind, is warped by that statement????
    That poster in question is painting non-violent protestors as people who are violent and destroying neighborhoods. There’s peaceful protesting with of course a few bad apples but don’t we use that logic with the police? The difference between protestors and police however, are that police have power are in an institution of racism and said abuse of power...a cop can do much more damage than a civilian, regardless.

Besides, I can easily make the argument that the real violence is coming from far right terrorist group like the proud boys or even police by using chemical warfare (aka tear gas)

What’s warped is to think that the people seeking justice are the ones who are at fault here.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I actually go the other way. I think two people should be able to sit in a room and have a heated discussion on issues without the need of a moderator with a two minute window or whatever high school debate team format they decide on. The issues facing the country are more important that two minute blurbs.
    I agree that the issues are more important than two minute blurbs but these people need to be able to make their points without being interrupted...like high school format.

If the debater wants to challenge one their points? Write something down like, damn. You don’t need to talk every 5 seconds and scream over one another.

I watched no part of the debate, had no interest.

this morning I've seen some of what happened.

the biggest issue seems to be whether Trump condemned white supremacists.

what word did he use? looks like he said, sure.

he could have or should have been more adamant about it, but he still said sure. he has also condemned them before many times and yet is still asked over and over.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...history-by-not

"You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremist groups," Wallace said to Trump. "But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia group and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we've seen in Portland?"

"Sure, I'm willing to do that," Trump responded.

"Are you prepared specifically to do it?" Wallace asked.

"I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing not from the right wing," Trump replied.

"But what are you saying?" Wallace followed.

"I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace," Trump said.

"Well, do it, sir," Wallace pressed.

"What do you want to call them? Give me a name, give me a name, go ahead, who do you want me to condemn?" Trump requested.

"White supremacists, white supremacists and right-wing militia," Wallace noted.

Biden chimed in and noted the Proud Boys, a group that the Southern Poverty Law Center has designated as a hate group.

"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by," Trump replied.

when Trump says "I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing not from the right wing" it would depend on what he is seeing, what specific information he is given. when it comes to these racist groups I don't think he is going to trust anything from media in their coverage of any groups, he is going to trust the information he is provided in briefings.

if Trump is continually asked about white supremacy and to denounce, call out, why can't Biden do the same for far left Antifa.

they should all be condemned, all of them on the far left and the far right. everyone should expect both these candidates to do that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Do you think people were or were not feeling this exact same way 4 years ago?
    Yeah it’s scary. Trump is not out of this by any means. Dem turnout was low in 2016 in a lot of key areas and it’s still a concern it’s year IMO.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    That poster in question is painting non-violent protestors as people who are violent and destroying neighborhoods. There’s peaceful protesting with of course a few bad apples but don’t we use that logic with the police? The difference between protestors and police however, are that police have power are in an institution of racism and said abuse of power...a cop can do much more damage than a civilian, regardless.

Besides, I can easily make the argument that the real violence is coming from far right terrorist group like the proud boys or even police by using chemical warfare (aka tear gas)

What’s warped is to think that the people seeking justice are the ones who are at fault here.

I've asked this before and never really received an answer.

What is a "peaceful protestor?"

Breaking windows…is this peaceful?
    Looting…is this peaceful?
    Setting fires…is this peaceful?
    Throw anything at anybody…is this peaceful?
    Spray painting other people's property…is this peaceful?
    Stopping traffic…is this peaceful?
    Blocking highways…is this peaceful?
    Screaming obscenities outside people's homes…is this peaceful?

If you think any of this is peaceful…would it be acceptable if they did it to you??? Broke your store windows, stole you business's property, threw something at you, spray painted your property, prevented your movement, screamed outside of your home. Is this OK with you.

And the big question (stay with me here) after how many days does a protest stop being a protest. Don't you thnk that after a few nights of all this "peacefulness" that community leaders have gotten the message??? If you break windows, throw stuff and start fires on Tuesday is it still necessary to break windows, throw stuff and start fires on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ……………?

And also don't forget that even though numerous people are at the protests and do nothing (therefore making then seem "peaceful") they all seem to be cheering on those that are destructive. So are the bystanders really peaceful.

See, saying you're "peaceful" but cheering on those that are not…seems warped to me.

First Presidential Debate

I've asked this before and never really received an answer.

What is a "peaceful protestor?"

Breaking windows…is this peaceful?
    Looting…is this peaceful?
    Setting fires…is this peaceful?
    Throw anything at anybody…is this peaceful?
    Spray painting other people's property…is this peaceful?
    Stopping traffic…is this peaceful?
    Blocking highways…is this peaceful?
    Screaming obscenities outside people's homes…is this peaceful?

If you think any of this is peaceful…would it be acceptable if they did it to you??? Broke your store windows, stole you business's property, threw something at you, spray painted your property, prevented your movement, screamed outside of your home. Is this OK with you.

And the big question (stay with me here) after how many days does a protest stop being a protest. Don't you thnk that after a few nights of all this "peacefulness" that community leaders have gotten the message??? If you break windows, throw stuff and start fires on Tuesday is it still necessary to break windows, throw stuff and start fires on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ……………?

And also don't forget that even though numerous people are at the protests and do nothing (therefore making then seem "peaceful") they all seem to be cheering on those that are destructive. So are the bystanders really peaceful.

See, saying you're "peaceful" but cheering on those that are not…seems warped to me.
    Did you see them cheering Mr. President?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You people are wrapped

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Trump clearly lost the debate by acting boorish and overbearing. He also constantly appeared to be speaking to the moderator while JoeB spoke to the camera (the people). Overall bad performance by the prez.

He certainly did not gain any votes and probably lost quite a few who were on the fence.

Every time I see debates devolve into what we saw last night I always wonder why they don't make them speak from isolation booths. We can still see them, still zoom in on all the facial expressions, still allow them to hear their opponent's responses etc. but they can be turned off after their two minutes. Give them an allotted time and then cut them off. Seems simple.
    Honestly I just think their mics need to be cut for the two minutes the opponent gets. Then open both for cross talk and debate after that.

Dem primary debates were bad on that too.

Also I don’t really like the “win or lose” thing with debates. We treat them like boxing matches and then wonder why it gets out of control.

I just look at each side and think, did they do well? Trump was terrible. Biden was....average-ish. He clearly had his strategy and stuck to it but fumbled for stats.

Which is fitting for the election. It’s a choice between bad and slightly better than bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Destroys neighborhoods. Haha oh man, you been getting info from Breitbart these days?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I watched no part of the debate, had no interest.

this morning I've seen some of what happened.

the biggest issue seems to be whether Trump condemned white supremacists.

what word did he use? looks like he said, sure.

he could have or should have been more adamant about it, but he still said sure. he has also condemned them before many times and yet is still asked over and over.
    They probably ask him continuously because every condemnation is followed by a qualifier that is more emphatic and often contradictory to what he is supposed to be condemning.

Take the transcript you provided in your next post. A really, really weak condemnation mixed with a message about how most everything is from the left. Also left out the rest of that response.

President Donald J. Trump: (42:18)
    Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I’ll tell you what somebody’s got to do something about Antifa and the left because this is not a right wing problem this is a left wing.

That’s why he keeps getting asked that question. His condemnation sounds more like a call to them to be ready to take care of the problem that is left wing.

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast