Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Maybe you can get a couple innings from Hendricks on Saturday if they get there?

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Maybe you can get a couple innings from Hendricks on Saturday if they get there?

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I dont know what radar they have but mine shows rain ending around 2 CST

So, I'm guessing it all about TV and being able to broadcast the other games on time or something, cause it looks better then yesterday forecast

Have to say when I saw postponed, my first thought was someone had Covid [emoji51]

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    The fix is in
    MLB want the cubs to move on over the Marlins

Giving Darvish an extra day rest and the hitters another day to prepare [emoji28]

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I dont know what radar they have but mine shows rain ending around 2 CST

So, I'm guessing it all about TV and being able to broadcast the other games on time or something, cause it looks better then yesterday forecast
    I donít see why the other 4 games would have an effect on this game.

They literally played 8 games within a 12 hr timeframe, so I doubt thatís the reason for the game being pushed to tomorrow.

They literally played 8 games within a 12 hr timeframe, so I doubt thatís the reason for the game being pushed to tomorrow.
    Just trying to figure out a why is all..

Like I said, unless they have a better radar then the one that I'm looking at, it shows no rain after 2 pm

Guess we'll see in a couple hours

Boy the Braves and Reds pitching been crazy good this series, 17 innings and just 1 run combined..
    Both teams have some pretty good hitters

Here's a not so fun fact.

Since winning the world series, the Cubs have played 13 playoff games. They have scored more than 3 runs exactly 1 time (that crazy game 5 win against the Nats when they brought in Scherzer and we lit him up). That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Weird thing is with the way Hendricks was throwing (control issues) in Game 1 i thought of the possibility of pulling him around 50 pitches and trying him again in Game 3. But since he hadn't giving up any runs at that point it wasn't the smartest move.

But had they done it he could have gone somewhat deep in Game 3 with this rainout, especially if he was on his game in Game 3 the way he conserves pitches.

Well they said Game 2 will now be played in the early afternoon Friday, but if Cubs are only team left in this playoff round they play at 7pm....for TV purposes obviously.

9/30-10/2: Marlins (31-29) at Cubs (34-26) - National League Wild Card IGT

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Well they said Game 2 will now be played in the early afternoon Friday, but if Cubs are only team left in this playoff round they play at 7pm....for TV purposes obviously.
    Well yeah, thatís obvious.

But I donít really buy the reasoning of postponing todayís game because theyíre worried about the other games being on time.

NYY/CLE was delayed twice by rain yesterday, and they were perfectly fine letting them play late while also cutting into the viewing time for the LAD/MIL game.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Just trying to figure out a why is all..

Like I said, unless they have a better radar then the one that I'm looking at, it shows no rain after 2 pm

Guess we'll see in a couple hours
    In the long run this cancelled game actually isn't good for the Cubs. If the Cubs get to the next round then Darvish and Hendricks are a days less rest, as is the pen. But I guess the most important thing is to get out of this round.

What an utterly bizarre decision. I live like a mile from Wrigley and the most it did was sprinkle for like 2-3 minutes. Forecast is really not bad at all.

Don't get it one bit.

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast