Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    It'll be Jon Lester for the Cubs, if there's a third game.

Yag beat me to it. So let's make G3 not necessary Cubs.
    Screw sabermetics.

Looking like it's gonna be Sandy Alcantara vs. Kyle Hendricks. I'll update the post.

Hopefully we don't need it. He better be on an extremely short leash. I'd have preferred Quintana.

9/30-10/2: Marlins (31-29) at Cubs (34-26) - National League Wild Card IGT

Yup. Was just going to post Lester for G3 but itís already been brought up.

Letís hope we donít need a 3rd game but if it is, letís hope playoff BDJ shows up (though that seems unlikely)

2016 World Series Champions!!!

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I think Ross is giving BDJ G3 because it's very well possible it will be his last start at Wrigley, in a Cub uniform.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I think Ross is giving BDJ G3 because it's very well possible it will be his last start at Wrigley, in a Cub uniform.
    Thats a poor thought if that's the case. Miami is much better against LHP. Lester isn't very good any more.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

It was all but written once Yags made the IGT.

Itís a wrap, Cubs in 2.

Checked out a lot during the regular season, just couldn't get into a 60 game season, but I can definitely get behind playoff baseball. Let's get that asterisk trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yup. Was just going to post Lester for G3 but itís already been brought up.

Letís hope we donít need a 3rd game but if it is, letís hope playoff BDJ shows up (though that seems unlikely)
    Have to question then as to why Ross allowed Alzolay to pitch as much as he did then, cause he out for Wednesday and most likely limited to just 3 batters for Thursday..

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Have to question then as to why Ross allowed Alzolay to pitch as much as he did then, cause he out for Wednesday and most likely limited to just 3 batters for Thursday..
    I think the plan would be to have him go multiple innings if they play Friday.

Starting Lester a mistake though. Hopefully itís just 1-2 innings and then Alzolay takes over.

Crazy that Lester is going to be the 3rd starter. He has been awful and the Marlins are a decent hitting teams vs LHP. Lets sweep this series and not have to worry about it.

I just really don't like the thinking. The Marlins are better against lefties and Lester just isn't a very good pitcher. All I can think is that we are leaning on the idea of Postseason Jon. He's been of the best ever. But this just isn't that guy anymore. He doesn't miss any bats and he gets hit really hard. Super super short leash please if we have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I think the plan would be to have him go multiple innings if they play Friday.

Starting Lester a mistake though. Hopefully itís just 1-2 innings and then Alzolay takes over.
    Yeah, depending on the score,once through the lineup should be max for Lester if they play Friday and then right, it hopefully is Alzolay to follow..

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast