Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    You Stan so much harder for LeBron than you do the Bulls to the point you discard anything anyone says about him if it doesn’t point to him being perfect.

Let’s face it brother, you’re a LeBron fan first and foremost and probably even 2nd before you’re a Bulls fan
    I don't think I am. I was legitimately a diehard bulls fan since I was like 7.

But its hard to say it kinda corresponds with the bulls having terrible ownership and basketball management.

I would say at this point I hope I don't have to see a bulls vs LeBron finals, I would be sad either way haha. Happy bulls win, sad lbj lost,

I am not a fan like this normally so its just as confusing for me!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    You Stan so much harder for LeBron than you do the Bulls to the point you discard anything anyone says about him if it doesn’t point to him being perfect.

Let’s face it brother, you’re a LeBron fan first and foremost and probably even 2nd before you’re a Bulls fan
    If he gave the Bulls more props than Lebron, then he’d be fake. Bron deserves the credit, that’s what makes it OK. The bulls don’t. He’s only being real. He’s gonna stay Blams, he,s not gonna go from Alonzo to Wade to Iggy and continue to give fake unwarranted props just because he loves the team. He’s going to “give props to those who deserve it and believe me y’all he’s worth it, so here’s to the future cause we got through the past, I think I finally found someBody who can make me laugh, hahaha you so crazy, I think I wanna have your baby...what a man what a man what a man what a mighty good man, yes he iiiiiisssssss.” 😂

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    It always bothers me that KAJ gets no love. Imagine if a modern player had 6 league MVPs and 6 rings.
    He gets enough love. KAJ is recognized as a top three NBA player of all-time. And he was a 2nd (3rd in some years) for the Lakers championships for four of those rings. Magic and Worthy were just as good and better.

So I'm officially in the LeBron James is the 2nd best player of all-time camp and I really think after what he just did on this playoff run that even the biggest haters have to crack open the door to #1 and acknowledge that it is in play for him if he can win another ring.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

So I'm officially in the LeBron James is the 2nd best player of all-time camp and I really think after what he just did on this playoff run that even the biggest haters have to crack open the door to #1 and acknowledge that it is in play for him if he can win another ring.
    I'm at the point where I would consider LeBron having the greatest NBA career of all time (over MJ), but still being under MJ in peak. No shame in that.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I'm at the point where I would consider LeBron having the greatest NBA career of all time (over MJ), but still being under MJ in peak. No shame in that.
    For peak, I don't think he will ever get there for most people but for career you have a great argument. LeBron's longevity, his title with the Cavs, and this year's win are all GOAT candidate performances. I know "ringzzz" is a stupid argument but MJ still has him by 2. It's so hard to win a title and MJ did it 6 times as the clear main guy and best player in the world. I just feel like I need to see him do it one more time. Then I'm there.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    He gets enough love. KAJ is recognized as a top three NBA player of all-time. And he was a 2nd (3rd in some years) for the Lakers championships for four of those rings. Magic and Worthy were just as good and better.
    If we're being honest, Magic and Worthy were also much younger. But Kareem still pulled a Finals MVP during one of the Showtime Lakers years with Magic and Worthy on the squad -- I think it was 1985, but I might be wrong about the exact year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    there is where I land. But I also think James has GOAT within reach, though a lot of chips would need to fall his way these last few years. But to me, he has now moved into the Jordan tier. For me:

Jordan
    LeBron

KAJ
    Wilt

Shaq
    Duncan

Magic
    Hakeem
    Kobe
    Bird
    Russell

those are my new tiers. Argue away inside a tier, but a player stays in his tier (for my debate purposes).

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    If we're being honest, Magic and Worthy were also much younger. But Kareem still pulled a Finals MVP during one of the Showtime Lakers years with Magic and Worthy on the squad -- I think it was 1985, but I might be wrong about the exact year.
    I also think KAJ gets the shaft from most. He is without question a top 4-5 player ever. He literally owned the 70s haha

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

i think he is number 1 or 2... i think if he gets 1 more title and 1 more finals mvp he is the number 1 period

Nothing at all.... Someone posted MJ's stats and accomplishments and it ain't even close

For peak, I don't think he will ever get there for most people but for career you have a great argument. LeBron's longevity, his title with the Cavs, and this year's win are all GOAT candidate performances. I know "ringzzz" is a stupid argument but MJ still has him by 2. It's so hard to win a title and MJ did it 6 times as the clear main guy and best player in the world. I just feel like I need to see him do it one more time. Then I'm there.
    To me, it's really your first point. They are 1a and 1b for me and honestly I dont really care how someone wants to rank them. They're basically equal in my eyes and short of some incredible feat, I dont see lebron definitively surpassing jordan.

At the end of the day, I think peak Jordan was a smidge better. So unless lebron is able to still put together a year or two that equal or exceed peak jordan (which is unlikely at this point in his career, even if he is still an mvp candidate.), the debate stays the same for me. Lebron's longevity is better than Jordan's. Winning another title, even as the #1 guy, doesn't change that for me either.

So to me, it really just depends how you want to define GOAT. If it's you have the first pick in an all time draft and you get every player for 1 season in his peak (pretend you can somehow league adjust so everyone is playing sort of in "their" era), I probably take Jordan just over lebron. If the question is you get to take a guy from the age he enters the league to the age he exists the league, from what I've seen so far, I'm probably taking Lebron over Jordan. But in either case I'd be hard pressed to blame anyone who wants to argue the other way.

My biggest issue with the whole debate is the rings and the finals record crap. Like I said, there's arguments to take Jordan over Lebron, but saying Jordan is undefeated in the finals and lebron has 6 finals losses is not one of those reasons.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718