Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You think stopping everything for several months then having a month or so to warm up for playoff basketball is an advantage?
    he hates lebron more than you hate joel... its not worth it trust me

all the lebron haters in shambles... ****ing love it.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he hates lebron more than you hate joel... its not worth it trust me
    I don't hate Joel. I just think he's massively overrated and enjoy making fun of him because you love him so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I didn't say Dirk was the greatest player for "that season", I said he was the greatest player that postseason (that summer). Statistically, it's easy to show how amazing he was against a tough Portland team, the 2x defending champ Lakers, the Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka OKC, and then the Heat's trio in the Finals.

LeBron was burnt out carrying the Heat in the previous rounds. He was an absolutely monster (as he usually is). Come the Finals, Wade decides to play like Wade so he can win FMVP... Coach Spo was just stupid and let Wade and LeBron alternate iso plays. Carlisle wrote the book on how to beat LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Spo... zone the hell out of them. The Mavericks also let Wade go off, but focus their best defensive players on LeBron (Marion and Kidd spent most of the minutes guard LeBron). Terry couldn't do sh-- to guard Wade though, lmao.

This is why Wade looks like the hero and LeBron was the scapegoat though. LeBron didn't have any gas in the tank, the Heat were flawed offensively and exposed by Carlisle. It's just lazy thinking to think and say "It's LeBron's fault. He looked like he didn't want to be there." I'm not a LeBron homer or a hater, I feel indifferent about him. I just call it like I see it.
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses. LeBron underperformed and that is why they lost. Don't blame the zone. LeBron passed up the ball while being guarded by Barrea/Terry on too many possessions. He looked lethargic and disinterested.

Burnt out carrying the Heat? They won every series 4-1... LeBron was 26. It was more difficult on him during his first Cavs run than the 2011 Heat run. Burnt out from what exactly? Again, excuses......

LeBron admitted that the reason he played poorly was because he kept overthinking and didn't show up. He never said he was 'burnt out.' Wade is one of the most unselfish players. If the real reason was that LeBron didn't want to take over Wade's role as the leader, then that's on LeBron as a player as well. He should have stepped up and played his role for the team like a WINNER does.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Sure. You mentioned some of his championships come with asterisks. One of the reasons was because of shortened seasons so I asked my question. Pretty straight forward to me.
    You don't think this is a season with an asterisk?
    A lock out season is not a season with an asterisk?

Do you understand what this means? Because you don't seem to be able to grasp that a season with an asterisk means that the entire season, all players and teams involved, will carry that asterisk. Winning or losing, still an asterisk. It doesn't carry the same feeling, nor weight, as an actual season.

The next season will also have an asterisk.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    each year is different and this LeBroncentric narrative is stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He at least proves that no matter where you win they are all equal rings because this has 100% been his easy ring

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post

Do you understand what this means? Because you don't seem to be able to grasp that a season with an asterisk means that the entire season, all players and teams involved, will carry that asterisk. Winning or losing, still an asterisk. It doesn't carry the same feeling, nor weight, as an actual season.

It carries the same weight, arguably more weight. Next season will also carry the same weight. All rings are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    It carries the same weight, arguably more weight. Next season will also carry the same weight. All rings are the same.
    not to him.... playing in the 80s/00s----------------------------> Now... even though players are stronger/quicker/better now and we dont have confirmed refs cheating to help big market teams win games.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post

What if the Knicks win it all? Will the season still have an asterisk?

Pretty much every player has said this season has been far harder than any other. So why would it be an asterisk denoting the ring was easier if all the players are saying it's been harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Don't be so sensitive. If you want to refute any point I make, points that everyone agrees with (even people posting the same stuff in this thread), then refute it. Pop a new tampon in and relax. We're all bros here.
    Sorry, your salty taste is too apparent. There is nothing to refute.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    All rings are definitely not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Sorry, your salty taste is too apparent. There is nothing to refute.
    If I'm too salty, why do you keep swallowing instead of spitting?
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I don't like to count their failures before they get a team that is worth competing for a title. Jordan, realistically, his first three seasons were not a title-contending team. He's only lost what? Two seasons with a solid roster? I mean, c'mon. LeBron, I never counted any of his failures before 2008. 09-10, I honestly felt he had enough to get into the Finals. That 2011 NBA Finals is just too difficult to ignore for me and that is why I can't realistically see putting LeBron over Jordan unless his overall basketball career ends up with 5 rings + 40/10/10K stats. I don't knock anyone putting Bron over Jordan. I've contemplated it many times as well. You're entitled to your opinion. None of us are wrong. They are easily the top two GOAT's.
    What about the year the bad boy Pistons won? Michael had scottie for that season. People are so jaded by the finals record its ridiculous. If the bad boy Pistons would have been in the west and the bulls lost to them in the finals instead of before the finals, people would hold that against him.

And winning is a team game. No one has ever said that Jordan wasn't the key peice to the bulls roster. But without Jordan, that team went 55-27. There's not a version of any of lebron's teams that go 55-27 if you remove lebron. And it's not like they took the money from Jordan and got a high level replacement. They replaced him with a pretty mediocre guy and the team still was pretty damn good. That team was wildly talented and for the most part, thats the level of talent Jordan had for most, if not all of his rings.

I dont even think the Heatles teams go 55-27 without Lebron. But that's the only team lebron has had that could even sniff that record. Virtually every other team lebron has had would be a 500 win team at the very best. Yet somehow lebron is dinged because he can't drag those teams all the way to the championship, only drag them to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses. LeBron underperformed and that is why they lost. Don't blame the zone. LeBron passed up the ball while being guarded by Barrea/Terry on too many possessions. He looked lethargic and disinterested.

Burnt out carrying the Heat? They won every series 4-1... LeBron was 26. It was more difficult on him during his first Cavs run than the 2011 Heat run. Burnt out from what exactly? Again, excuses......

LeBron admitted that the reason he played poorly was because he kept overthinking and didn't show up. He never said he was 'burnt out.' Wade is one of the most unselfish players. If the real reason was that LeBron didn't want to take over Wade's role as the leader, then that's on LeBron as a player as well. He should have stepped up and played his role for the team like a WINNER does.
    Excuses? I explicitly stated that LeBron has part blame in their loss. I'm not sure if you overlooked that part? I just pointed out many variables that effected the outcome of those finals. Do you disagree Spo was outcoached? Do you disagree LeBron was balls to the wall throughout the entire postseason leading into the Finals while Wade was not the Wade we all know until the Finals? Do you disagree the Heat were a flawed offensive team, winning only 2 in 4 Finals because of pure talent alone?

I think you missed my other posts about LeBron if you think I excuse him in any way shape or form.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast