Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by 4GiantWarrior9 View Post
    That be crazy they sign Bauer..too much money fosho..wouldn't mind using it for Smyly/Gausman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't want to sign a 30-year old pitcher to a five-year deal. Especially one who's has a career of mixed results.
    I don't see it happening but certainly wouldn't be mad about it if it did.

A good rule of thumb, for Farhan. Look at pending free agent ranks. Start at the bottom.

He goes after value. He doesn't go after splash. It's working offensively. Not so much with pitching and defense.

One of the beat writers put it best. Eventually the giants fan base is not going to accept an Oakland A's or Tampa Rays way of building a team, where the players are just pawns. The fans will want fixed players to root for. Franchise type players.

But that's further down the road. 2022 maybe.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

MLBTR Offseason Outlook: San Francisco Giants

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...giants-11.html

I’d like to see Farhan continue the status quo and push a big spending offseason to next year. There’s very little that excites me or makes sense this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I’d like to see Farhan continue the status quo and push a big spending offseason to next year. There’s very little that excites me or makes sense this offseason.
    I wouldn't be mad about a Springer signing at the right price, but loads of pitching should be the ultimate priority.

Hopefully Zaidi can take advantage of what's looking to be a very depressed market.

If the Giants were to decline options and buyout the contracts next offseason of Posey, Cueto and Flores (not saying they will or should, especially Flores, he's a bargain) the only contract on the books is Longo at 19.5 mil.

Obviously Farhan has been super patient and diligent in his signings thus far and it will officially be his team starting next year with his contracts given out. Excited to see what he does with a clean payroll...

I'd love to see additions of Bauer and Liam Hendricks this offseason. Bauer, Gausman, Cueto 123 punch and finally a legitimate closer..

Giants are in the playoffs easily last year with a legit closer

Anyone be down for a vet min contract for Cespedes, low risk

I know he's played under 50 games last 3 seasons, but if he's finally healthy, maybe we can get 80-90 games with a threat to go deep in any AB

Quote Originally Posted by PayDaPiper View Post
    If the Giants were to decline options and buyout the contracts next offseason of Posey, Cueto and Flores (not saying they will or should, especially Flores, he's a bargain) the only contract on the books is Longo at 19.5 mil.

Obviously Farhan has been super patient and diligent in his signings thus far and it will officially be his team starting next year with his contracts given out. Excited to see what he does with a clean payroll...

I'd love to see additions of Bauer and Liam Hendricks this offseason. Bauer, Gausman, Cueto 123 punch and finally a legitimate closer..

Giants are in the playoffs easily last year with a legit closer
    They do need to bolster the bullpen, but I wouldn’t want them to shell out top dollar for a closer. I’d rather they allocate that money elsewhere. If they were that one piece away I can understand the case, but there are plenty of holes and I’d rather splurge next offseason.

^ this and I believe the Giants brass have the capability of finding a cheap FA or in house closer..players like Solano, Dubon, Yaz, etc literally came out of nowhere..I'd like to see if where Beede is in his rehab status..I think he can become a lights out closer with the stuff he's showed so far..

I'd be down for that. I have no optimism that he'll amount to anything as a starter.

The answer for closer to me is the guy who would had been closer if he didn't get hurt and that's Reyes Moronta.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123